Forgotten NY's Farewell to the (V)(W).

Cool, I had no idea there was ever a <W> and that the (K)/(KK) originally ran via 6 AV.

A the original R40/42/68/A rollsigns have the diamond <W>, but were replaced with a (W)...the R32 still has the <W> reading, and not (W).

After 8 years the (V) train is finally gone!

I guess you'd rather have (M) trains running ten minutes apart on Queens Boulevard during rush hours...oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Yup, either way it doesn't change that (F) trains still will run via 63rd. (V) failed because the MTA refuses to send it beyond 2nd Av.

Come 2015 when the Culver project wraps up and the TA will have no choice but to reintroduce the (V) and send it down the Culver. THEN let's hear about it being unuseful.

He bickers about a line that he probably never even used...totally judgmental and hypocritical if you ask me....

He wants to cram himself on an overcrowded (E) that's his choice. If I was a regular QB line rider, I'd take the (V) because I know my commute won't be stressful. The rest of the day is going to be stressful, why add to it? I just leave the house earlier.

As for the (V), well it depends on how much demand is needed at least up to Church Av. Plus the (M2) at the moment to Bay Pkwy really doesn't seem to be needed as much.

I'm just going to wait for the week of the (M) to see if this line will be of any good or not as the eastern division has been treated like 2nd class citizens for years.

Come 2015 when the Culver project wraps up and the TA will have no choice but to reintroduce the (V) and send it down the Culver. THEN let's hear about it being unuseful.

He bickers about a line that he probably never even used...totally judgmental and hypocritical if you ask me....

There is nothing forcing the MTA to reintroduce the V for the Culver line in 2015. The F/G is sufficient for Culver service.

There is nothing forcing the MTA to reintroduce the V for the Culver line in 2015. The F/G is sufficient for Culver service.

The (G) won't help because Park Slope residents want Manhattan and the (G) is incapable of operating express in Brooklyn. They will need to have a third service to accompdate local and express service to Manhattan.

I don't think the (V) would ever be suited for Brooklyn, the (F) and (G) are enough.

As for the (W), you do have that occurrence of it running along the (N) to Kings Highway, even though the map and timetables don't mention it.

I don't think the (V) would ever be suited for Brooklyn, the (F) and (G) are enough.

As for the (W), you do have that occurrence of it running along the (N) to Kings Highway, even though the map and timetables don't mention it.

Trust me, they're gonna need a third line.

Doesn't "Culver Viaduct Rehab" ring a bell???

I'll just sit back and see for myself.

Trust me, they're gonna need a third line.

Doesn't "Culver Viaduct Rehab" ring a bell???

I'll just sit back and see for myself.

Okay, what about the (V) going to Kings Highway, does that sound like help?

My point is not that a third service would not be necessary for express service. My point is that there is absolutely no real demand for express service.

Um, I wouldn't be so sure about that:

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/30/25/30_25expressf.html

The hopes for express service at the moment are so-so but I'll very well say that there is hope, even if it means that it goes to as far as Church Avenue instead of Kings Highway, so let's see.

Archived