Ask a Train Operator

Alex L.

Yes -and I've already informed the Times of that - but my comments are still "pending moderation".

If anything, the Conductor would be the more supervisory of the two titles, since the conductor, by Rule, is in charge of the train.

Yes -and I've already informed the Times of that - but my comments are still "pending moderation".

If anything, the Conductor would be the more supervisory of the two titles, since the conductor, by Rule, is in charge of the train.

I was going to suggest that, but then I remembered that Conductor has become an antiquated title. :P

I was going to suggest that, but then I remembered that Conductor has become an antiquated title. :P

Maybe when he reads the Train Incident Reports he will learn something...

Lotta things going down these past few weeks even today ...

Maybe when he reads the Train Incident Reports he will learn something...

Lotta things going down these past few weeks even today ...

"He" refers to me or the Jay Balder?

He's an ass to even suggest that one of the most vital positions in the system is outdated. If anything, his snide and underhanded management tactics are as out of style as polyester leisure suits and Sunday trips to Sears in everyones' best clothes.

Haha great line

I had Tony Manero (John Revoltin' ya) from Saturday Night Fever and that corny-ass scene from the Brady Bunch Movie ("I think I'll go for a walk outside now...") in mind when I wrote that, because W's ways of doing business are just as lame, stomach-churning and outdated, and perhaps more so.

Maybe he's too tight to get a hairpiece.

Then again, it's a faster bailout without that wind resistance. :P

Maybe that's why he wants to cut train and bus service. Less trains and buses means less wind, and the toupee he was planning to get won't fly off. That's probably his whole reasoning for cutting service. Mystery solved!

Woah...some dude named "Shawn" (question 201 on the NY Times comment section) did not like Alex L.'s clarification. I wonder if it could it be someone with a grudge from this site...its a pretty angry/sarcastic comment for a simple clarification. Guess you can't please everyone (and I think everyone that works in transit certainly knows that).

Woah...some dude named "Shawn" (question 201 on the NY Times comment section) did not like Alex L.'s clarification. I wonder if it could it be someone with a grudge from this site...

I doubt he is from here. Alex has been nothing but helpful in providing information for everyone here. I don't see why anyone would have a grudge especially with him.

I doubt he is from here. Alex has been nothing but helpful in providing information for everyone here. I don't see why anyone would have a grudge especially with him.

That's what I thought, too. It's just such a strange comment, I can't figure it out. Oh well, Whadda ya gonna do?:cool:

Woah...some dude named "Shawn" (question 201 on the NY Times comment section) did not like Alex L.'s clarification. I wonder if it could it be someone with a grudge from this site...its a pretty angry/sarcastic comment for a simple clarification. Guess you can't please everyone (and I think everyone that works in transit certainly knows that).

That's what I thought, too. It's just such a strange comment, I can't figure it out. Oh well, Whadda ya gonna do?:cool:

Thank you. The only answer I can come up with is that "Shawn" did not read the original article, but only showed up after the Times corrected it, and then couldn't figure out what my comment meant.

Archived