More R46s on the F lately?

firstmccmatt

No, it's been stated many times here that the (E) can't handle being only R46s because there's not enough doors and people not moving into the center of the car. That is why till the R160s arrived in Jamaica yard, the (E) still ran R32s and R40M/42s. Just because you like the R46s, doesn't mean they would work on the (E).

The only 'extras' from the demise of the (W) would just go back to CI yard and they would be R68s as the (N)(Q) would need R160s.

Why would anything be transfered to Jamaica or Pitkin? That makes no sense. CI yard will have more than enough room now with the (M2) gone.

They've been fine on the (F) for years now. It's the (E) that can't handle 75' cars.

They may as well just make Broadway 60-75% R160s.

This is what I would do to the QB line

QB express( (E) and (F) )-all R46s with a few R160s on the F

QB local( (M) and (R) )-all R160s with a few R46s on the R.

pretty cool huh?

No, it's been stated many times here that the (E) can't handle being only R46s because there's not enough doors and people not moving into the center of the car. That is why till the R160s arrived in Jamaica yard, the (E) still ran R32s and R40M/42s. Just because you like the R46s, doesn't mean they would work on the (E).

The 46's & 160's have the same amount of doors its just the NTT's have wider doors which is another reason why R142/A went to the (4).These (E) riders get on my nerves.Shit I rather have a '75 car than a '60 b\c more seats and the (E) has high ridership.And those people wanted new trains which is another reason why the older equipment is gone.I can't believe them.

Well why don't you try shoving people all the way to the center of a 75' car then? A line that's as crowded as the (E) will never get by long with 75' cars. So you can forget about it happening now that it runs only R160s.

And for the doors thing: 40 sets of doors is greater than 32 sets. So they are not 'about the same'.

For the (E), the hell with that line, the R32s are better off on the (C) anyway. Less people to bitch about them.

Well why don't you try to shove people all the way to the center of the car of a 75' car then. A line that's as crowded as the (E) will never get by long with 75' cars. So you can forget about it happening now that it runs only R160s.

And for the doors thing: 40 sets of doors is greater than 32 sets. So they are not 'about the same'.

For the (E), the hell with that line, the R32s are better off on the (C) anyway. Less people to bitch about them.

IAWTP!!!

The 46's & 160's have the same amount of doors its just the NTT's have wider doors which is another reason why R142/A went to the (4).These (E) riders get on my nerves.Shit I rather have a '75 car than a '60 b\c more seats and the (E) has high ridership.And those people wanted new trains which is another reason why the older equipment is gone.I can't believe them.

The reason why the (E) still has 60ft cars in it is because of dwell times, 75ft cars = longer boarding time, 60ft cars = less boarding time. Your math isnt so good. 8 Cars = 32 doors, 10 cars = 40 doors.

Also, WHO are these people you are talking about because as far as I'm concerned, (E) riders along Manhattan AND Queens wanted those R160 cars on their lines because of those R42s that were in extremely terrible shape & the R32s that barely had any A/C or heat in them.

The (E) basically got robbed from the (A) when they were getting better R32s from Pitkin until people in Brooklyn & Manhattan kept bitching about running after an R40/R42 (C) train. So they dumped the garbage over to the (E) line which made (E) riders infuriated, shit, I was too, seeing some rusty & nasty ass R42 going all along the (E) line when the R32s were in better shape. The only good tradeoff was the R40Ms.

As for the R142As on the (4), the REAL reason is because they wanted the Lexington Avenue Line to get them first so they can boot the R62As over to the (7).

Its funny how people bitch, whine and moan about things before knowing the facts. Get them straight!

The (F) was never 100% R160s. A line as long as that requires a LOT of trains. But things have changed now that the (R) and (V) started running R160s. So that further makes it unlikely the (F) will ever be 100% R160s.

Of course things will change again when the (V) is replaced by the (M) meaning the loss of more R46s.

The (E) basically got robbed from the (A) when they were getting better R32s from Pitkin until people in Brooklyn & Manhattan kept bitching about running after an R40/R42 (C) train. So they dumped the garbage over to the (E) line which made (E) riders infuriated, shit, I was too, seeing some rusty & nasty ass R42 going all along the (E) line when the R32s were in better shape. The only good tradeoff was the R40Ms.

As for the R142As on the (4), the REAL reason is because they wanted the Lexington Avenue Line to get them first so they can boot the R62As over to the (7).

Its funny how people bitch, whine and moan about things before knowing the facts. Get them straight!

Well the R32s on the (E) did have problems with the a/c that one summer which forced them to run only R46s and some R42s on the (E). I would kinda put the blame on not enough space at Jamaica yard and laying up R32s on the express tracks - which caused the motors to overheat or something and the a/cs just f'ed up big time.

But of course why they couldn't just move the c/r's location on the platform to accomodate the R40-42s on the (C) I will never understand. I too never liked the R42s cuz of the rusting rooftops. I felt they retired those R38s way too early.

And to add on to the point about the (4), it was so they can boot the R62s over to the (3), which was a far less demanding and a part time line. That would be benificial for trains [R62s] passing their prime/half life span.

Which was why it was an absolute mistake for the (C) to get the R40/42s in the first place! It'd be better if the 38s went to Jamaica. I originally heard that they wanted to do that but it was turned down by someone. Either way, what's done is done. But remember this: seats 32s-42s can't be altered...(E) riders wanted R160s so bad, they got them. But their seats can be altered and flipped so it's a win-lose.

Well the R32s on the (E) did have problems with the a/c that one summer which forced them to run only R46s and some R42s on the (E). I would kinda put the blame on not enough space at Jamaica yard and laying up R32s on the express tracks - which caused the motors to overheat or something and the a/cs just f'ed up big time.

But of course why they couldn't just move the c/r's location on the platform to accomodate the R40-42s on the (C) I will never understand. I too never liked the R42s cuz of the rusting rooftops. I felt they retired those R38s way too early.

Putting R40s/42s on the (C) was a huge mistake in itself. Getting rid of the 40Ms instead of the 42s first was also dumb...aesthetically and mechanically the 42s were inferior to the 40Ms...I ike the 42s but if they're going to be around for another five years they need a fixup and fast!!!

And to add on to the point about the (4), it was so they can boot the R62s over to the (3), which was a far less demanding and a part time line. That would be benificial for trains [R62s] passing their prime/half life span.

I forgot about the R62s to the (3). I think because of that move, they ran extra trains on the (3) during the Rush Hour. It was a shame for those R38s to be scrapped but hey, what can ya do.

Which was why it was an absolute mistake for the (C) to get the R40/42s in the first place! It'd be better if the 38s went to Jamaica. I originally heard that they wanted to do that but it was turned down by someone. Either way, what's done is done. But remember this: seats 32s-42s can't be altered...(E) riders wanted R160s so bad, they got them. But their seats can be altered and flipped so it's a win-lose.

Thats not what I heard, I was told that some of the R38 frames were not that good and they were wearing out. Putting them over to Jamaica would've been a big risk and considering that they were getting scrapped in such a fast rate, Jamaica would've been at a fleet shortage at that time.

Thats not what I heard, I was told that some of the R38 frames were not that good and they were wearing out. Putting them over to Jamaica would've been a big risk and considering that they were getting scrapped in such a fast rate, Jamaica would've been at a fleet shortage at that time.

I wouldn't be surprised, as the R38s were more common on the (A) and went to the Rockaways...the sea water would rust out the frame as a result.

Well why don't you try shoving people all the way to the center of a 75' car then? A line that's as crowded as the (E) will never get by long with 75' cars. So you can forget about it happening now that it runs only R160s.

I Agree, But the (C) Should get some R46's too, that would be only fair, as for the (A) , The (A) should have upgraded equipment, Like I stated before, Half of the R32's are better off on the (:), The (B)righton is for better photo ops. The rockaways you don't got that many, The (:)/© should be the only 2 lines to have the R32's, take the 40 (4 trainsets off the (A)) and put them with the (B) to add on, Just an idea.

This is what I would do to the QB line

QB express( (E) and (F) )-all R46s with a few R160s on the F

QB local( (M) and (R) )-all R160s with a few R46s on the R.

pretty cool huh?

That's not going to happen. The M will have ENY assigned R160's. R46's will dominate the A. You will see all Jamaica assigned R160's on the E, all but a few on the F, and a nice amount on the R. Jamaica Yard currently has R160's 9143 to 9942. Your scheme utilizes hardly half of them. Once the R44's are retired, Jamaica tenatively will have R46's 5482-5821, the rest will be at Pitkin/207. Not a whole lot of R46's assigned to Jamaica, with the G (still assigned to JYD on 6/27) requiring 13x4 car trains. As I said, in about 2 weeks the "Car Service Assignment" will be published so then we'll know for sure. If not available on the internet, just wait for a week after that to find out which cars run where assigned to whichever maintance facility.

You fail to point out that although an R46 and an R160 have the same number of doors per car, a 600' R46 has 32 doorways and a 600' R160 has 40 doorways.

I Agree, But the (C) Should get some R46's too, that would be only fair, as for the (A) , The (A) should have upgraded equipment, Like I stated before, Half of the R32's are better off on the (B), The (B)righton is for better photo ops. The rockaways you don't got that many, The (B)/© should be the only 2 lines to have the R32's, take the 40 (4 trainsets off the (A)) and put them with the (B) to add on, Just an idea.
And I do agree the (C) should eventually get R46s, but where else can the R32s run besides the (C)? I know you've been pretty adamant against them being on the (A) because of the various terminals.

I still feel all the R32s should be consolidated to one-two yards. *

When it is time to retire the R32s, the (C) by then should be 10-car trains and then gradually running R46s at the same time.

*I do agree about the (B) though. I wished the (G) was based from CI yard so that line's R46s can be freed up to go to Pitkin. That could allow the (B) to take back some R32s.

The reason why the (E) still has 60ft cars in it is because of dwell times, 75ft cars = longer boarding time, 60ft cars = less boarding time. Your math isnt so good. 8 Cars = 32 doors, 10 cars = 40 doors.

Also, WHO are these people you are talking about because as far as I'm concerned, (E) riders along Manhattan AND Queens wanted those R160 cars on their lines because of those R42s that were in extremely terrible shape & the R32s that barely had any A/C or heat in them.

-I was referring to doors per car which all B division cars has the same amount of cars.Per car not trainset so my math is correct.You just jumped the gun and was thinking trainset instead of car.

-I know they wanted the 160's but they should had complained like they always do and go downtown.Thats Jamaica's fault for not properly maintaining their cars so basically Jamaica is saying f**k them.

-Thats not right the (4) had 62's not 62A's.The (6) had 62A's.And the (4) was never supposed to get R142/A it was the politics reason.

-If you are referring to me you need to relax and think about what people are talking about twice.

It's not politics, they were originally going to give the (3) the R142s, but the (3) was a part time line and it made no sense to send new trains to a part time line. R62s from the (4) made more sense to run on the (3) because they were already about 20 years old and the (3) is a less demanding line. Then you have the door holding issues where the doors are constantly being recycled due to ppl still jamming into the cars. That plus the R142s having wider doors made more sense on the (4) than the (3).

So enough about the whole shit that it is to appease the UES riders by giving them all the NTTs. Plus I would highly believe the (6) would be the one to take back the R62As when it has to swaps cars with the (7) so the (7) can use the R142As for CBTC service.

Putting R40s/42s on the (C) was a huge mistake in itself. Getting rid of the 40Ms instead of the 42s first was also dumb...aesthetically and mechanically the 42s were inferior to the 40Ms...I ike the 42s but if they're going to be around for another five years they need a fixup and fast!!!

IAWTP

Archived