Where's the IRT fans?

Tracknut

What do you like about them?

I've always found them to be more efficient (they seem to run faster and more frequently than the IND) --- or maybe that's just my perception.

Besides, the introduction of the R142 on the (2), (4), (5) and (6) really helps. You always know what the next stop is, due to the automated stripmap - even if you've got headphones on, you can see it clearly displayed.

I like the IRT. I like how a few of the stations are on sharp curves. The station architechute for the contract 1 stations looks unique especially for 125 Street and Broadway, 168 and 181 Streets. The express from Brooklyn Bridge to 14 Street is pretty fast as well as the express from 96 Street to 42 Street. The only downside about the IRT system is that there is no car diversity in the system; R142 (A)s dominate most of the IRT and there is no good RFW. I miss the redbirds too. The trains are also more frequent than the IND IMO.

• 1 month later...

I always been a IRT fan I grew up riding the IRT and when I started with transit I worked the IRT mostly the 4/5/6 Lines. However when I became a T/O I was forced to the B Div. Now I have senority to pick anywhere but its looking I'm staying in the B Div but I am not ruling out a return to the # 6 Line.

Archived