Judge orders closed Station booths to be reopened

Abba

Let all transit members support the 266 station agents that were laid off with today's judge ruling. This has got to be a lesson that MTA and its board got to learn and never repeat. They need to rehire back the station agents and realize that they can't do whatever they like. Lets have some solidarity at this time of crisis.

the (MTA) put themselves in a $1 billion hole. america is falling apart because the country is more angry at the unions for having a little more, than at the fat cats for having a LOT more. if everyone formed their own union we would have a stable middle class like we had decades ago when many more people were in unions. the only way to get money out of the rich is to make it law. and the only way to make it law is through organized labor and contracts

the (MTA) gets money and then decides to spend it on their capital program! talk about unnecessary! we've done without a 2nd Ave. subway, a link from Penn Station to Grand Central, and easy connections at Fulton St. if they had used the 10% from the federal stimulus money, they would have saved the SAME $90 million that they're trying to save with service cuts! service cuts that are going to make riding the subways very unsafe, very crowded, and very slow (in terms of headways nights and weekends)

Kamen, is your company best to work for pay everyone Minimum wages? Why then would you suggest for everyone to receive those type of wages instead of subsistence one? If the customer is always right, then everyone should be riding for free and criminals and terrorists can do whatever they want.

Kamen, Save half a million in wages to fill a billion dollar budget? Try saving your pennies to buy a house or a car. How many billions is MTA spending on the 2nd ave line subway contruction and bus line which will mostly benefit the rich are we subsidizing and paying for. Is MTA being criticize for all the millions that they are running in over budget projects? Try giving them a lesson in you business practice.

So, Lex, you're saying they should be providing for the workers and not the customers? That's the worst business model possible. However, I guess I can expect that from people who wish that one person's contract to be honored, but don't mind taking someone else's contract with them into the bathroom and use it as toliet paper. What's the word for that... Oh, thet's right, Hypocracy.

Here's some sage advice from a man who founded a company that's been on the top 100 "best to work for" list for the last 7 years.

"Rule #1; The customer is always right.

Rule #2; If the customer is ever wrong, reread rule #1".-Stew Leonard

keep drinking the kool aid that the media serves you. you dont have a right to inexpensive transportation. thats the problem. people crying about the fare. if the fare had gone up with inflation over the years you would be paying more than 5 bucks a ride. also the customer is not always right because the customer never knows what the hell they want half the time.

So, Lex, you're saying they should be providing for the workers and not the customers? That's the worst business model possible. However, I guess I can expect that from people who wish that one person's contract to be honored, but don't mind taking someone else's contract with them into the bathroom and use it as toliet paper. What's the word for that... Oh, thet's right, Hypocracy.

Here's some sage advice from a man who founded a company that's been on the top 100 "best to work for" list for the last 7 years.

"Rule #1; The customer is always right.

Rule #2; If the customer is ever wrong, reread rule #1".-Stew Leonard

Keep drinking that Kool-aid you read in the papers...

I don't drink anyone's anything (and I don't have a job; I'm a full time college student). and by the way, getting rid of those booth clearks, could have saved a bus line or two. They can't transfer capital funding to everyday, it's not allowed. the 8 bucks was a fricking example, how much it costs to pay them even if you paid them all the minimun.

I build my own Ideas and my own conculsions from what I can see with my own two eyes. And you know what I see, I see one too many egos getting in the way of saving the one thing all of us here care about. If I have to sacrifice, you should have to sacrifice. the shit load of troble we're in isn't going to go away any time soon. If you haven't noticed, the MTA isn't the only ones suffering. If we don't do enough, and the MTA start's to fall apart, guess who's just as much to blame as Walder, Williams, Smith and the rest. This isn't about contracts. this isn't 5 years ago. This is a real emergency. If, one day, I have to make sure I have pepper spray and an impact baton before I go on the Subway, It's going to be just as much your fauilt as everything else's becuase you're to worried about stupid stuff to think for two fricking seconds about what you're doing the rest of us. The MTA is not about you. Remember, its a "PUBLIC BENEFIT corportation". It's about everyone. But no, screw everyone else, we're just gonna worry about what we want. that is the basic defifnition of selfish and no one has yet to do anything to prove to me otherwise.

College eh?

Ever think you ideas and conclusions could be wrong?

Or maybe half right or flawed?

I just say you are expressing your opinion which is fine.

and when you finish school you will be fighting for one of those 8 dollar a hour jobs because you wont get hired in your field and you have student loans to pay. then (MTA) dont sound so bad when you get a livable wage.

and when you finish school you will be fighting for one of those 8 dollar a hour jobs because you wont get hired in your field and you have student loans to pay. then (MTA) dont sound so bad when you get a livable wage.

Thats usually the case.....

I found that the Union and its members had protested and focused more on saving student passes and fare increases prior to the 266 station agents layoffs rather than fighting against the layoffs of its members. Even with the current judge ruling, their was no protest and media coverage as to why MTA is allow to hold the rehiring of s/a during their appeal despite the fact that they broke the law in not holding a hearing before the firing. The Union and its members should never tolerate such treatment and behavior by the MTA, given such rulings from the court.

Has any layoffs occur other than to Station Agents?

How is MTA able to keep the booth close and not rehire s/a back during their appeal? Will the decision to reopen booth and rehire back s/a be base just from the MTA board decision?

An RCI told me the let go a bunch of "provisional" RCI's.

Then he said they are probally going have to call them back because 20 RCI's are retiring this month...

Cutting off yer nose dispite yer face..... :confused:

Unions have done way more harm in my life than you'll ever know. When my father died, his health care coverage was obviously terminated. He went into the hospital in late january and died in late feburary. The idiots who took him off the healthcare did it retroactivly to febuary first. we started getting an entire months meidcal bills the union's insurance refused to cover. Six months ago they took me off for no appernet reason, even though, thanks to a new state law, I'm now entitled to the coverage till I turn 30, get a job with helthcare and take it, or get married, which ever comes first.

all I see, when you uinon guys talk is "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME F$#@ THE REST OF YOU, ME, ME, ME." This has never been about you; this is now about everyone. You want you wages and your fellow union members. student's want thier metrocards, the public want thier bus routes. This gone beyond the relm of managment/union arguments. Would you like to have to tell a little old lady "sorry, this bus no longer runs, you'll have to walk to the doctor. I know it's far, and access-a-ride is unreilabe, but I needed my livable wage." Or a poor mother of three "sorry your kids need to pay to get to school, but i needed my livable wage". When you talk. That's what I hear.

I'm proud to call this city home. And I can't stand anyone who'd hurt it becuase they only thought of themselves.

you are missing the point. the (MTA)wasted millions of dollars over the years on failed projects and micro management. when they had a surplus they acted recklessly with it. now that money is not coming in and they want us the union to pick up the slack. thats not fair to us we did not cause this mess. and yet upper management rides around in limos crying broke saying its the unions ot that caused the mess. also its not (MTA) program to give kids school passes. that is funded by the doe and city. they cut the funding and passed the blame on (MTA). thats not a union problem. but they are getting blamed anyway by misinformed people like yourself. so you see you already drank the cool aide.

ps the health care bill does not start till 2014. thats why u got cut off. keep up on current events and politics.

Archived