July 4 Holiday Heat Wave 2010

Shortline Bus

Guys get ready for a July 4th Heat Wave. According to almost all of the weathercasters predict this Holiday weekend might be the warmest temps in a few years. Starting Tomorrow Saturday 7/3-Wed. 7/7 temps will be at least 90 degrees or higher for at least 4 straight days.

NYC/Central Park on Sunday 7/4/10 is expected to hit at least 95-98 degrees w/ outside shot of 100. While Philadelphia, Washington DC and points south will likely hit 100. Any plans to stay cool?B):eek:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/11224

Kind of amazing. New York City will be nearly as warm as Phoenix.

The Weather Channel is forcasting for New York City:

* Friday High 82 Low 62

* Saturday High 89 Low 69

* Independence Day High 96 Low 72

* Independence Day Observed High 95 Low 75

* Tuesday High 94 Low 76

* Wednesday High 92 Low 74

* Thursday High 91 Low Low 74

* Friday High 90 Low 75

Forcasting for Phoenix:

* Friday High 110 Low 85

* Saturday High 105 Low 78

* Independence Day High 102 Low 74

* Independence Day Observed High 103 Low 76

* Tuesday High 105 Low 80

* Wednesday High 105 Low 82

* Thursday High 103 Low 82

* Friday High 102 Low 82

Forcasting for Philadelphia:

* Friday High 83 Low 61

* Saturday High 89 Low 68

* Independence Day High 98 Low 72

* Independence Day Observed High 99 Low 76

* Tuesday High 96 Low 75

* Wednesday High 94 Low 75

* Thursday High 93 Low 75

* Friday High 91 Low 76

Kind of amazing. New York City will be nearly as warm as Phoenix.

The Weather Channel is forcasting for Philadelphia:

* Friday High 83 Low 61

* Saturday High 89 Low 68

* Independence Day High 98 Low 72

* Independence Day Observed High 99 Low 76

* Tuesday High 96 Low 75

* Wednesday High 94 Low 75

* Thursday High 93 Low 75

* Friday High 91 Low 76

Yikes. I am going to be one fried bridie that day as i am visiting my brother and his kids for his BBQ/Picnic.:)

*Faints* I'm sooo happy, I love Heat Waves, and it's a long one too. OMG I'm so in love *Usher voice* j/k.

If Central Park hits 98 then it's almost a given that it'll reach 100 everywhere outside of Central Park lol. This Summer just started and it is already phenomenal.

*Faints* I'm sooo happy, I love Heat Waves, and it's a long one too. OMG I'm so in love *Usher voice* j/k.

If Central Park hits 98 then it's almost a given that it'll reach 100 everywhere outside of Central Park lol. This Summer just started and it is already phenomenal.

Maybe young man you fry an egg on a NYC sidewalk for me and it will cook itself with that heat :cool: lol.

My advice: drink lots of water (and iced tea), avoid crowded areas and my personal favorite: Ride subway lines that use R160's because they have the best A/C IMO.

Or maybe if you in the 5 boros be near the beaches like CI, Brighton, the Rockaways/Riis Park and of course Orchard Beach as well.:tup:

I am sure some nice looking young ladies will be around as well.

I hope it reaches 110' I hate the winter, I hate waking up and its 12' outside with frozen snow all over my car and I have to scrape it out, dig it out, and when I come home from work, theres no parking because all the snow is taking up spaces. 110', I love you.

Maybe young man you fry an egg on a NYC sidewalk for me and it will cook itself with that heat :cool: lol.

Lol I actually want to try that one day. I remember I boiled spaghetti in a hot bathtub a few years ago.

I hope it reaches 110' I hate the winter, I hate waking up and its 12' outside with frozen snow all over my car and I have to scrape it out, dig it out, and when I come home from work, theres no parking because all the snow is taking up spaces. 110', I love you.

I know. I hate cold, coats, hats, cold wind, dead trees, brown grass, dry air, salty ashy streets, brown snow. Fall is even worse because it means Summer is fading away and it's only going to get colder before it gets better. The only thing I like about Winter is Christmas & big snow storms (which I wish completely melted the next day).

I need 100's. The hottest temp I felt was 120-something (heat index) in Tampa, FL. The hottest I felt in NYC was like 119 (heat index).

Look @ what they were selling on the Queens/Nassau border, I was tempted to get one lol. I think it fits in with this thread.

DSCF01392.jpg

There's actually Palm trees in NYC, LI, & NJ but they're somewhat rare, they're becoming more common though (thank God), they can and do survive here. I can go on and on but I wont lol.

Lol I actually want to try that one day. I remember I boiled spaghetti in a hot bathtub a few years ago.

I know. I hate cold, coats, hats, cold wind, dead trees, brown grass, dry air, salty ashy streets, brown snow. Fall is even worse because it means Summer is fading away and it's only going to get colder before it gets better. The only thing I like about Winter is Christmas & big snow storms (which I wish completely melted the next day).

I need 100's. The hottest temp I felt was 120-something (heat index) in Tampa, FL. The hottest I felt in NYC was like 119 (heat index).

Look @ what they were selling on the Queens/Nassau border, I was tempted to get one lol. I think it fits in with this thread.

DSCF01392.jpg

There's actually Palm trees in NYC, LI, & NJ but they're somewhat rare, they're becoming more common though (thank God), they can and do survive here. I can go on and on but I wont lol.

In this era of climate change palm trees in New York is a possiblity.:eek:

The DAY I see a Plam tree on every street in NYC I will just SMFH....:eek:

In all seriousnes...the earth is going through its cycles and there is nothing we can do about it but sit and watch...no matter how we go "GREEN" which is nothing but bs, at the end of the day, the earth is gona be earth and do what it wants. We are just along for the ride and humans adapt, we will deal with it.

You guys are nuts ,I'm taking the AC Hostage and barricading myself in the house

but when the hot dogs and potatoe salad are done then I'll bust out or if I can get A lift from the Hawaiian Tropic Bus

I like 60degrees most of the year and highest temps 85 just enough to get the ladies to come out with not much ,No I'm not saying 100 wouldnt do it but I wanna breath and Enjoy not gasp for Air B)

Both hot and cold weather have their advantages. Hot weather = ladies showing skin. Cold weather = ladies shivering looking for someone to keep them warm. Be optimistic guys B)

Want me to find you some bamboo? You guys like bamboo.

Not I. Get yourself some new jokes though. You're running out of material, and it's kinda pathetic to watch. Just a friendly reminder B)

Besides if you're gonna be the new el car junkie you're gonna need bamboo a hell of a lot more than I am Mr. Rattan seats...plus you can feed it to your mail order brides when they get hungry.

Archived