Anime Thread

R44 CNG

I loved Digimon as a kid and still do. It was one of the anime that got me somewhat into the anime fandom for a few years. I've since not participated into anime as much as I used to. My most favorite season was the fourth one (Frontier) with Tamers not far behind. Digimon Adventure 02 is my least-favorite of all five seasons because of how messy and poorly executed many of the plotlines were. And don't get me STARTED on the Dark Spore saga and 25 years epilogue. *thumbs down* And it's a shame because I love many of the characters, especially Davis Motomiya (my most favorite Digimon character overall).

Another anime that I closely followed is Cardcaptor Sakura (preferably the originals; I dislike the manga). The powers, characters and universe blended very nicely. The only thing that bugged me was that many of the younger characters were "in love," and as they weren't teens, it didn't make that much sense (i.e., Chiharu and Takashi Yamazaki were ten to eleven years old and were romantically involved; Tomoyo Daidoji having an unabashed, one-sided lesbian crush on her distant cousin, Sakura, and they were both preteens; and Rika Sasaki and the teacher, Yoshiyuki Terada, were romantically involved, and issus of age never came across). I don't pay so much attention to CCS as much now as before, but I still like it.

ETA: Speaking of the Cardcaptor Sakura dub on the WB, one of the theories the series was edited so much was to attracted a male audience. CLAMP made the series to target females, and WB wanted a more male audience. That's why CCS (Cardcaptors in the dub) was lopsidedly edited to 39 episodes. HOWEVER, Cardcaptors was aired in Australia with all seventy episodes intact. The changes that Helvana (the company that dubbed CCS) made in the series stayed, from the editing out of "facefaulting" to removing the controversial romantic tendencies from the original (i.e., homosexuality, adult/student romance, and young/preteen "love").

ETA: Speaking of the Cardcaptor Sakura dub on the WB, one of the theories the series was edited so much was to attracted a male audience. CLAMP made the series to target females, and WB wanted a more male audience. That's why CCS (Cardcaptors in the dub) was lopsidedly edited to 39 episodes. HOWEVER, Cardcaptors was aired in Australia with all seventy episodes intact. The changes that Nelvana (the company that dubbed CCS) made in the series stayed, from the editing out of "facefaulting" to removing the controversial romantic tendencies from the original (i.e., homosexuality, adult/student romance, and young/preteen "love").

Still, the main elements were edited out since Nelvana deemed it as inappropriate. I didn't like the way how Kids WB continued to rearrange the episodes to target a male audience. They could've aired the 8th episode as a preview and air all episodes in order. 4Kids did that with Pokemon and it worked. Despite the edits, I saw all 70 dubbed episodes nevertheless.

Pokemon and Digimon were the first animes i saw(late 90's),after that i started collecting anime.(still do)i'm mostly into romantic comedies,but i'll see any anime with a good storyline.

Digimon was another good show.I remember watch it during the week after school on CH 5 when I was in 4th or 3rd grade.

I really think Pokenon brain washer people to the point where they can't control themselves.lol

• 2 weeks later...

I also watch lots from these sites.

Crunchyroll from Animation, Drama, etc.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/

Anime Crazy

http://www.animecrazy.net/

Animefuel

http://www.animefuel.com/

Right now, I am watching Digimon Tamers and

Kemono no Souja (獣の奏者)- The Beast Player which main character is girl named Erin, who controls beasts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemono_no_Souja_Erin

I read the Elfen Lied manga (pretty brutal shit, do be aware), finished the Death Note anime and Blood+ (not as bad as EL, but still bloody because most of it does revolve around vampires), and finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and am watching the dubbed version on [adult swim] every Saturday...

I don't read manga anymore and I've only watched those anime to the end...

Archived