Anime Thread

R44 CNG

Where you can share updates, favorite anime, post links of videos, share photos, etc.

My favorites are Pokemon, Dragonball Series, Yu-Gi-Oh, Air Gear, Bleach, Avatar and Naruto Series

English_Pok%C3%A9mon_logo.svg

210-VA_Bleach_KA_Refresh_Series.jpg

48-VA_Naruto_Shipp_Series.jpg

I like this kinds of movie.

Akazuki-chan

http://www.animecrazy.net/akazukin-chacha-anime/

Angelic Layers

http://www.animecrazy.net/angelic-layer-anime/

Animal Crossing (Movie)

http://www.animecrazy.net/animal-crossing-movie-movie/

Pokemon

Digimon

Doraemon

Sailor Moon

Cardcaptor Sakura

Powerpuff Girls Z- Japanese version

I love all kinds of anime.

Guess the school spirit got into you. I was kind of into anime in my freshman year, mostly Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist, but I'm not into it anymore. I used to watch Pokemon, but there's, like, 400 new Pokemon, and it kinda gets outta hand.

I'm surprised people still watch that shit.

What shit? I watch Pokemon and despite how much its changed over the years I'm actually finding the show enjoyable to watch again. They really developed the main character's personality and he's grown up quite a bit.

I read the Detective Conan Mangas as well as watch the anime. I watch Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's and going further back into the 90s and 80s I watch Cutey Honey Flash. I'm a fan of Yu Yu Hakasho, every once in a while checking out Chobits. Sometimes I go into a comic shop and pick up a random Manga and start reading.

lol at Pokemon.that show is so 90's.

The 90s had shows running that shit running now could never hold a candle to.

Amen, Marvel and DC had some great shows: Spiderman, X-men, Batman, superman... Disney Afternoon. I miss those days.

I guess I'll chime in here: if any of you knows of the Adult Swim Saturdays with anime- then most of them I've seen- Bleach, Cowboy bebop, GitS, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, etc. Great collection of stuff. And ani-Monday on Syfy which had Gundam 00 [never having seen an entire gundam series, I really liked this one a lot].

As for the 4kids dubbed shows, those were ruined IMO. I was glad One Piece was to be handled by Funimation and no more stupid edits like redrawing a gun or such - because it was 'too violent'. Laughable in the original Yugioh [didn't bother with the 2nd and 3rd series] about the 'shadow realm' like the saws cutting off ppl's feet, a bomb to send ppl to their deaths. - Good shit right there kidified because it was 'too scary'.

Amen, Marvel and DC had some great shows: Spiderman, X-men, Batman, superman... Disney Afternoon. I miss those days.

I guess I'll chime in here: if any of you knows of the Adult Swim Saturdays with anime- then most of them I've seen- Bleach, Cowboy bebop, GitS, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, etc. Great collection of stuff. And ani-Monday on Syfy which had Gundam 00 [never having seen an entire gundam series, I really liked this one a lot].

As for the 4kids dubbed shows, those were ruined IMO. I was glad One Piece was to be handled by Funimation and no more stupid edits like redrawing a gun or such - because it was 'too violent'. Laughable in the original Yugioh [didn't bother with the 2nd and 3rd series] about the 'shadow realm' like the saws cutting off ppl's feet, a bomb to send ppl to their deaths. - Good shit right there kidified because it was 'too scary'.

4Kids tried to market the anime they got to tweens when they were really for teens.(some of their shows)and their edits didn't win them any fans.and now,there not even on the NYSE.

Yeah the Fox Box was full of 4kids redubbed crap. I stayed away from those stuff. What they did to Fox Saturday mornings was a shame. All I can say is: "f*ck '4kids'".

True,but at least they are showing anime to the pre-teens and young kids.

Does anyone byany chance remember Kids WB's heavily edited and criticized Cardcaptors? I found all errors hysterical.

As for Pokemon, the so-called "Diamond and Pearl Generation" is a perfect example on how the writers definitely ran out of ideas.

lol i stopped watching after they left Jhoto to be honest

Does anyone byany chance remember Kids WB's heavily edited and criticized Cardcaptors? I found all errors hysterical.

As for Pokemon, the so-called "Diamond and Pearl Generation" is a perfect example on how the writers definitely ran out of ideas.

Never really followed that show, but i lost interest in it after a while. I guess I blame it on the way they edited the show.

Pokemon, I forgot which version, but it was when Brock came back [for the whole season] and replaced Tracy. That's pretty much the last full season i saw. That professor Ivy chick was pretty hot though. What happened b/w him and her anyway? I still haven't found out about that.

Never really followed that show, but i lost interest in it after a while. I guess I blame it on the way they edited the show.

Pokemon, I forgot which version, but it was when Brock came back [for the whole season] and replaced Tracy. That's pretty much the last full season i saw. That professor Ivy chick was pretty hot though. What happened b/w him and her anyway? I still haven't found out about that.

That whole thing went the way of the GS ball. We never did find out what was in it. I thought that was total BS considering they based an entire season on Ash keeping safe while he toured the Orange Islands. I'm gonna guess Ivy cheated on Brock or left him for another dude. That's the only two things that make sense. I doubt she died or it would have been a big thing.

Yeah, and that's right, what the hell was in that ball? Sucks they never showed it opening. And that togepi thing was such a waste. Sure telekenetic powers are cool, but it would've been nice if it was something more important than some thing covered in its egg shell.

Talk about dropping the ball in that show. And how many f'ing times does Team Rocket get blown up? It was so stupid. At least get new villains or limit their appearances. It just became a joke with those 3.

Yeah, and that's right, what the hell was in that ball? Sucks they never showed it opening. And that togepi thing was such a waste. Sure telekenetic powers are cool, but it would've been nice if it was something more important than some thing covered in its egg shell.

Talk about dropping the ball in that show. And how many f'ing times does Team Rocket get blown up? It was so stupid. At least get new villains or limit their appearances. It just became a joke with those 3.

The Rockets have had their badass moments even recently. Togepi evolved in Misty's return and she doesn't have it anymore. All i know is recently they had a big episode in which Ash got together with most of his old Pokemon. His Cyndaquil evolved (YAY!!!) and kicked ass in the first round of the current Pokemon League. Ash's Pokemon are all full of badass and I'm waiting for it to go down with him and his newest Rival who happens to be the biggest jerkoff in the entire series. There's a 5th generation of Pokemon (which from what ive seen I will be skipping out on). This show ain't dying for a good long time.

The whole reason why Cardcaptors was heavily edited was because it was too long(over 60 or 70 episodes)so they skiped episodes and change the names of most of the characters.

as for pokemon,i stoped watching pokemon after Advance Battle.it really got old.

The Rockets have had their badass moments even recently. Togepi evolved in Misty's return and she doesn't have it anymore. All i know is recently they had a big episode in which Ash got together with most of his old Pokemon. His Cyndaquil evolved (YAY!!!) and kicked ass in the first round of the current Pokemon League. Ash's Pokemon are all full of badass and I'm waiting for it to go down with him and his newest Rival who happens to be the biggest jerkoff in the entire series. There's a 5th generation of Pokemon (which from what ive seen I will be skipping out on). This show ain't dying for a good long time.

That's great to know. It'd be nice to see the original monsters back together and all at least evolved to their 2nd or final forms. Charizard was my fav - now that one was a true bad ass. And by TR, you mean the two - Jesse and james? interesting.

I have grown up with and loved a lot of the mainstream shonen stuff (naruto, DBZ, yugioh, fullmetal alchemist, etc) but now I watch and read mainly shoujo (girl's and young women's stories).

My favorite series at this moment are Shugo Chara (story about a preteen girl and her guardian characters - her would be selves), Onegai My Melody (by the makers of Hello Kitty), and Bokura Ga Ita (a story about a young lady who grows apart from her boyfriend).

I'm so much into drawing anime/manga. Right now, I've been creating a "trains as humans" series.

:)

I been watching anime since Nick JR in the early 1990s. Some of my current favorite anime series include Death Note, Breach, Yu-Gi-Oh(including the first season that was banned in the United States), Pokemon, GTO, Super Duty Combat Unit Shinesman, Sailor Moon and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Archived