Access a ride

Igor Gaysinsky

• 2 weeks later...

If you are interested why we are driving like that I can explain. We are watched by mta inspectors wih radar guns and every time you driving over speed limit we get tickets, and they are standing all over the city. Then company penalize you. We are not city bus drivers. We dont belong to MTA. And if you are not satisfied with my answer you can ask me more questions before jumping to conclusions we are the worse drivers in the city.

Thank you.

If you are interested why we are driving like that I can explain. We are watched by mta inspectors wih radar guns and every time you driving over speed limit we get tickets, and they are standing all over the city. Then company penalize you. We are not city bus drivers. We dont belong to MTA. And if you are not satisfied with my answer you can ask me more questions before jumping to conclusions we are the worse drivers in the city.

Thank you.

Some of your fellow drivers love to cut across traffic on one side to another while cars are going by while holding on to a map. Yapping on cell phones while driving empty, I see this all the time, I know you guys have it rough its not a great paying job and you have a dispatcher on your ass all day but I see some of these para transit drivers do some really crazy shit on the road that not even cars can do. But the yellows take the cake for the worst drivers in the city.

Some of your fellow drivers love to cut across traffic on one side to another while cars are going by while holding on to a map. Yapping on cell phones while driving empty, I see this all the time, I know you guys have it rough its not a great paying job and you have a dispatcher on your ass all day but I see some of these para transit drivers do some really crazy shit on the road that not even cars can do. But the yellows take the cake for the worst drivers in the city.

(W)ell pook this pretty much sums it up but your reply to me still doesn't

make me like you para whatevers cabs ,Look I can't sit hear and read that Dispatchers are watching when the whole (MTA)Army is watching us .

You peeps drive like Maniacs and you guys have no idea about staying in your lane .....Trailers can stay in (A) lane better then you guys ,Hey I know I ain't the only one that feels like this:cool:

• 1 month later...

I work for a school bus co so i was looking for a part time job i went to access a ride in Queens the guy told me it will not work out said most people work for school bus co and then work for him leave after 2 months because they get burnt out and also i have to do 2 weeks of training,does this training necessary.The part time was weekend only i askes for,is there a co that will hire without the training since i already drive a bus.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys.

Bumping this thread. Anyone have detailed infomation about salaries and stuff? Looking for some feedback from guys who worked or currently working for AAR.

Thanks again.

I work for them still do they start u at training 9 dollars an hour for a week then when u go on ur own 90 days probation 11 dollars an hour then u go to 12 dollars an hour after 90 days probation it`s not easy wheel chairs dispatch calling u to see were u are and the top after 5 years is 16 dollars an hour this company i work for is mvp access a ride on staten island and theres a 2nd one in harlem in the city any more questions let me know. or just send me a private message if u need more detals. this is only exprence for me until the mta calls me

wow, that is frekin sweet man.

Next B/O exam here I come. lol

At the earliest the next B/O exam for NYCT would be in the spring of 2012. The rule is every 4 years with some exceptions. The 5025 exam was only 2 years before the

8006 exam. I think you will see a MTA BUS/Mabstoa exam before the next TA exam.

• 2 months later...

My dad works for Access A Ride. He works for the professional Transit company. My dad told me that Access a ride has about 27 (I think) different companies, for example, If you look on the side of the van you'll notice "Proffesional Transit", or "Care Ride".

Also, if if you sign up for access a ride, you must sign up to one of those different companies.

Only thing I like about A.A.R was they get pulled over by police and make everybody laugh for their retardedness. On Monday I seen on 11th st a cop pulled one over for driving in the bike lane what an idiot

I hate A.A.R because 1. they are reckless. 2. they act retarded at hospitals and block driveways E.G Bellvue Hospital. And 3. They have ''Fast and the Furious'' on the road

Ummm... AAR is not always reckless. My dad works for Access-A-ride (Professional transit). He is very good with driving.

aahd, I have no clue where you get your facts from. AAR drivers always have to be careful because they pick up Disabled and elderly people. If they are reckless then it would put the elderly/Disabled people in danger.

Only thing I like about A.A.R was they get pulled over by police and make everybody laugh for their retardedness. On Monday I seen on 11th st a cop pulled one over for driving in the bike lane what an idiot
Ok ignorance is bliss and im pretty sure your not the best driver on the block what an epic fail I guess your looking for the bandwagon to agree

mvp staten island

training 9 dollars an hours

3 months probation on ur own 11 dollars an hour

after probation 12 an hour

after 1 year 12.50 an hour

after 2 years 13 an hour

after 3 years 14 an hour

after 4 years 15 an hour

after 5 years 16 an hour

thats the top after 5 year 16.

but i don`t get 40 hours a week a get like between 30 to 38 hours a week or less.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Nice site with a lot of good information. I wanted to ask about applying for a job as a access a ride sedan driver. I know you need a cdl class c with the passenger endorsement. What about the 3 years requirement that an applicant have been licensed for 3 years? I just moved to NY from another state, will access a ride count the time I had my license from my home state? I had just a regular drivers license it wasn't a commercial driver license. Will that be a problem? thanks

My dad works for Access A Ride. He works for the professional Transit company. My dad told me that Access a ride has about 27 (I think) different companies, for example, If you look on the side of the van you'll notice "Proffesional Transit", or "Care Ride".

Also, if if you sign up for access a ride, you must sign up to one of those different companies.

Ummm... AAR is not always reckless. My dad works for Access-A-ride (Professional transit). He is very good with driving.

aahd, I have no clue where you get your facts from. AAR drivers always have to be careful because they pick up Disabled and elderly people. If they are reckless then it would put the elderly/Disabled people in danger.

But 3 times a week I nearly get hit by one :mad:. Take my job Bellevue Hospital as an example, they block the roadways, they get tickets for blocking

But 3 times a week I nearly get hit by one :mad:. Take my job Bellevue Hospital as an example, they block the roadways, they get tickets for blocking
All you do is complain they block the roadway which roadway Access A Ride is a mandated service most Transportation Systems have different Policies and Procedures as to how they Operate their Service NYCT who is the managing agent or owner of Access A Ride states that it is Door to Door Service now if you are talking about the Driveway in front of the Hospital that is not considered a roadway most of the people who do that job are decent Individuals and some of them are a cancer as in any Job or Profession you are going to have those who follow the rules and those who break them

if they want to ruin their Drivers Licenses let them that's their decision and something that they are going to have to live with

their are some of my colleagues who think they own the road because they are driving something big and like to bully people out of the way do you complain about that

• 1 month later...

Greetings all, newbie here. Found site while researching AAR. Recently got my B permit with passenger and air brakes and am considering becoming an AAR driver ( I know I'd need at least a C-class before I can even apply). I'd like to know the names of some providers that covers the 5 boroughs. I've visited Professional Transit, and now know of Maggie's due to this thread. Heard of CareRide, All Transit, Empire, TFM. What are some others? Also, would like input (objective or subjective) as to which are the best/better ones from a service and employees point of view. TIA.

Archived