A Question About the R44 (C)'s

ctrain

How can you possibly say there are enough cars to run 10 car C trains when there aren't enough cars to run 8 car C trains!

The R44s were supposed to be retired by now. They are around now ONLY because without them there aren't enough cars to make C service even with only 8 cars per train!

the (MTA) theoretically has enough cars to run full length trains on the (C), they just don't because they don't want to deal with the extra expense of running two extra cars per train......

and the R44's are only around because the R32's are having HVAC problems...., once those are taken care of, the (C) will go back to being all 8 car R32s, unless the MTA is willing to pull some extra cash out of it's ass and couple a spare married pair to the end of each set.....

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes- when the air conditioning problems go away, the MTA will have more than enough cars for the C, although they will not be running such as full length trains because, as you mentioned, such would cost more to do.

If that's the case send the extra cars to ENY to get rid of that R42 crap, other than that, it wouldn't cost more to have 2 extra (C) trains, if anything, if they took the R32's off the (C) due to politics, then it would be forced to be full length, anyway, the R32's can be pulled off the (C), they did it quick when the (E) riders bicthed, why not the (C), just because its fulton st that doesn't mean shit, these people deserve newer equipment, Oh putting R32's back at CI would piss the supt. off, oh well, they have the only weekday line there, just because the (A)/© serves the low-income part of brooklyn, doesn't mean they have to deal with hand-me downs.

R32 3838 if what you saying is true then all I have to say is "Houston we have a problem." Question how come those 14 R42s at 207 street haven't bee reactivated any way?

for like the 50 billionth time..... the (MTA)'s poor as dirt.... or unwilling to allocate the rediculous bonus bucks that the execs get to service improvements..... i'm really bummed now that the congestion pricing thing didn't pass....=.=

I just lost lots of brain cells reading this thread....

The (C) should have been full length that's all I'll say. All this bickering back and forth is giving me a headache! :mad:

Post of the thread.

Right now the (C) is in a lot of heat (no pun intended). This summer needs to end and those car inspectors need to be rehired. End of story.

There ARE no extra cars. The R32 fleet is unreliable to the extent that a large spare factor is required. When things work well, a few trains can be run on the A.

The R32 Fleet IS BANNED FROM THE (A), Heard it from the (A) line supt myself, Im glad they took them off that boring ass line.

If the R32's were so unreliable, why are they still ine service, you sound stupid, they are reliable, its just the A/C's that need work or SMS, what is so hard about taking the A/C's from the R44's and putting them in R32's.

R32 3838 if what you saying is true then all I have to say is "Houston we have a problem." Question how come those 14 R42s at 207 street haven't bee reactivated any way?

Becuse 207th is stupid, Alot of people asked the same question but you know the TA, they are stupid.

for like the 50 billionth time..... the (MTA)'s poor as dirt.... or unwilling to allocate the rediculous bonus bucks that the execs get to service improvements..... i'm really bummed now that the congestion pricing thing didn't pass....=.=

If the MTA is Poor as dirt, why in the Hell did Jay "dickhead" Walder got all that stuff, the pad he just got in upper manhattan and a townhouse in france, and to top it off they are still spending the money on BS, so they are not broke, i don't know why people still think they are broke.

I think you gotta relax, guy... Also I know a couple people up at 207th and they are not "stupid" just because you don't agree with something doesn't give you free license to go around running your mouth and bashing people. Look I try to be one of the more reasonable posters around here and stick to facts, but the one thing I don't put up with is people commenting bad and talking shit about other people who they don't know anything about...

Especially if I know them...

I think you gotta relax, guy... Also I know a couple people up at 207th and they are not "stupid" just because you don't agree with something doesn't give you free license to go around running your mouth and bashing people. Look I try to be one of the more reasonable posters around here and stick to facts, but the one thing I don't put up with is people commenting bad and talking shit about other people who they don't know anything about...

Especially if I know them...

Yeah so ride a hot ass subway car everyday, yeah they are stupid and what, Im a f**king passenger that pays the money, you have people who pay their fare to ride their line that's getting the wrost treatment, I like the R32's on the (C), they were never a problem, but when they took all of them, I knew for myself that this summer was going to be hell, Sooner or later someone is going to pass out in one of those hot cars and sue the shit out of the (MTA), Point blank, they need to be at CI where they belong, put them on a line that runs 5 days a week, the (:), so you can explain and tell me to chill, go tell that to the people who ride the (A)/© everyday, I like the (C) line and everything, I just hate the BS behind it, so people can bash me flame me,it doesn't matter, Im being real, they don't even take care of the work Redbirds, they even look like shit, the R32 garbage train, 3740 was hot, they were better off just sticking to the R127/R134's this summer.

Becuse 207th is stupid, Alot of people asked the same question but you know the TA, they are stupid.

Do you know anyone how works at 207th? The CED people at 207th are some of the hardest working in they system and they deliver a great product. It's not their fault that decisions from above were not good ones. You seem to take all this stuff a little to seriously, maybe you need to step outside for a while.

Do you know anyone how works at 207th? The CED people at 207th are some of the hardest working in they system and they deliver a great product. It's not their fault that decisions from above were not good ones. You seem to take all this stuff a little to seriously, maybe you need to step outside for a while.

Im outside everyday, Im not a jackass that sit on the internet all day, Im out doing my business, if they have the hardest working people in the system, why in the hell the R32's act worse than last year, Simple, the yard can't handle all 244 cars, the 210 they had were perfect, but yet people said lets throw all of them to 207th where more shit hits the fan, and you tell me to take a step outside, Most of the time I see you online, so yeah, and I take to the heart because It will get worse trust me, it will but yet the people over there are so picky, they don't want this, they don't want that, I would Love it when they give them R68's. Just to piss them off.

Im outside everyday, Im not a jackass that sit on the internet all day, Im out doing my business, if they have the hardest working people in the system, why in the hell the R32's act worse than last year, Simple, the yard can't handle all 244 cars, the 210 they had were perfect, but yet people said lets throw all of them to 207th where more shit hits the fan, and you tell me to take a step outside, Most of the time I see you online, so yeah, and I take to the heart because It will get worse trust me, it will but yet the people over there are so picky, they don't want this, they don't want that, I would Love it when they give them R68's. Just to piss them off.

I agree with IND, it's just car moves. Sounds like you're the one who needs to take a breather. When people start getting their panties in a bunch about what runs where, it's time for a break. I know people at 207th and you posting uninformed bullshit like this makes them sound bad when they are not. How would you like it if someone who didn't know you started posting misinformation about what you do all over the internet? The folks who fix the trains are very skilled and productive, and it's not their fault when decisions come from above that move certain cars to certain places. The yards do the best they can with what they have, and in the case of 207 it's pretty damn good. The R32's have had AC problems for years too so this is nothing new. Just because the car has a durable stainless steel body does not mean that all aspects of the car are perfect.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Simple answer...the R32s are over 40 years old. They're way past due but yet they're still working. They're not gonna run like they were delivered last week. Face it, their days are numbered. They're on extremely borrowed time

Yeah so ride a hot ass subway car everyday, yeah they are stupid and what, Im a f**king passenger that pays the money, you have people who pay their fare to ride their line that's getting the wrost treatment, I like the R32's on the (C), they were never a problem, but when they took all of them, I knew for myself that this summer was going to be hell, Sooner or later someone is going to pass out in one of those hot cars and sue the shit out of the (MTA), Point blank, they need to be at CI where they belong, put them on a line that runs 5 days a week, the (:), so you can explain and tell me to chill, go tell that to the people who ride the (A)/© everyday, I like the (C) line and everything, I just hate the BS behind it, so people can bash me flame me,it doesn't matter, Im being real, they don't even take care of the work Redbirds, they even look like shit, the R32 garbage train, 3740 was hot, they were better off just sticking to the R127/R134's this summer.

Work cars are secondary priority to passenger cars so that's a moot point. As for the comments about the AC units, see my previous post. And everyone pays their fare, and no one is getting truly awful service. So what a couple of trains have hot cars. Big f**king deal. Until 1968 no subway cars were air conditioned except the experimental units in some of the SMEEs which didn't even work anyway. If those people could get by, so can you. If you get a hot car quit complaining and blaming a maintenance team that is doing its damdest and just move to the next car at the next stop instead of complaining about something that you have no control over. Putting them at CI isn't going to do a damn bit of difference, they'll still have hot cars on the (B), and it's just the nature of dealing with the cars. And besides you could have brand new R160's all up and down the (A) and (C) lines and many of them would be having problems with the HVAC's too like they already are. Nothing's perfect, don't act like you're the only one who ever comes out behind.

Even if 207 St had 210 R32 cars,they still would have A/C problems.it's not 207 St with the problem,it's the cars themselves with the problem.why put the blame on the men and women who work at 207 st?they work hard just to keep those cars running.if the yard could handle R62,R62A's and R142/A,then they can handle R32's.

Its all good, But I won't say a word, But when you a bunch of people complaining about this crap and they get the politics involed, It will be a different story, Yeah R32's are old, but they can make another 5 years, I would be wise to have 2 yards with the instead of 1 that can't handle all of them, Plain as simple, they need to do something about it, to Me it seems like they are doing nothing, and If they were so good, why is ENY helping them out, Plain as simple 207th can't handle all of those cars.

and at FP, The R32's are old, in London you have trains that are 15 years older than the R32's, Trains can last up to 60 years, Budd built trains to last, and they are not on borrowed time, these cars still might have to stay when the R179 order is done unless MTA does a option of 80 more cars

Its what I think, I agree with some people but not all people, There's a bunch of BS behind the story when it comes to the (A)/© having old equipment but I rather keep that to myself.

Work cars are secondary priority to passenger cars so that's a moot point. As for the comments about the AC units, see my previous post. And everyone pays their fare, and no one is getting truly awful service. So what a couple of trains have hot cars. Big f**king deal. Until 1968 no subway cars were air conditioned except the experimental units in some of the SMEEs which didn't even work anyway. If those people could get by, so can you. If you get a hot car quit complaining and blaming a maintenance team that is doing its damdest and just move to the next car at the next stop instead of complaining about something that you have no control over. Putting them at CI isn't going to do a damn bit of difference, they'll still have hot cars on the (:), and it's just the nature of dealing with the cars. And besides you could have brand new R160's all up and down the (A) and (C) lines and many of them would be having problems with the HVAC's too like they already are. Nothing's perfect, don't act like you're the only one who ever comes out behind.

I can deal with a hot car, I been riding hot cars for years, this is 2010, people who rides the subway use to own cars, Half the riders who ride the subway used to have cars and all of that, so Its a different story, I don't care about the what goes on there, When I rode the R32 (N) before they took them off, The a/c ran perfect, when I rode the only 10 car set on the (B), the damn train was flawless for the whole month, I don't know what happend, Last year the R32's were doing great at 207th, this year its total hell, so yeah Im speaking for the passengers that have to deal with the BS, and the BS has to stop point blank. Yeah even if they were on the (B), fewer cars would have this problem, Coney Island is good when it comes to HVAC units, Jamiaca is a different story, we all know about them, and yest every car class has HVAC problems but when you have half the Fleet of cars OOS because of a simple problem, something's wrong.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Its all good, But I won't say a word, But when you a bunch of people complaining about this crap and they get the politics involed, It will be a different story, Yeah R32's are old, but they can make another 5 years, I would be wise to have 2 yards with the instead of 1 that can't handle all of them, Plain as simple, they need to do something about it, to Me it seems like they are doing nothing, and If they were so good, why is ENY helping them out, Plain as simple 207th can't handle all of those cars.

and at FP, The R32's are old, in London you have trains that are 15 years older than the R32's, Trains can last up to 60 years, Budd built trains to last, and they are not on borrowed time, these cars still might have to stay when the R179 order is done unless MTA does a option of 80 more cars

Its what I think, I agree with some people but not all people, There's a bunch of BS behind the story when it comes to the (A)/© having old equipment but I rather keep that to myself.

London's "Tube" is run differently than the (MTA), and the cars are bult differently. They are on borrowed time. Just face it, the average lifespan fo an NYC subway car is about 30 years. It does make sense to keep an old fleet at 1 centralized yard instead of spreading them out for simplicity of spare parts.

London's "Tube" is run differently than the (MTA), and the cars are bult differently. They are on borrowed time. Just face it, the average lifespan fo an NYC subway car is about 30 years. It does make sense to keep an old fleet at 1 centralized yard instead of spreading them out for simplicity of spare parts.

yeah true, But False on the 30 years part, its 35 to 40 years, the government wants the trains that they funded to last 40 years, the R32's were built better than its counterparts, that's why they are still here, after they retire they would be work motors.

yeah true, But False on the 30 years part, its 35 to 40 years, the government wants the trains that they funded to last 40 years, the R32's were built better than its counterparts, that's why they are still here, after they retire they would be work motors.

Ok lets call it 40 years. The R32s are 46 years old, either way you look at it, its still on borrowed time. They only seem better cuz its all stainless steel and that doesn't rust. If they were made from some other kind of metal, I guarantee you they would've kicked the perverbial bucket years ago.

Archived