Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Do you just directly upload to Youtube from Fraps? If not, what video editor do you use? Fraps makes the videos a ridiculously large size, and I used Pinnacle VideoSpin for my BART video, and it came out crappy compared to the original footage from Fraps.

Any pointing in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!

-A :cool:

(Until I get an answer on the youtube question, the video I have of my (5) from the middle track at Jackson Av to Brooklyn Bridge is on hold in the queue).

P.S. I just realized this---holy crap those are my station walls in your route! Thanks for the subliminal shoutout! :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you just directly upload to Youtube from Fraps? If not, what video editor do you use? Fraps makes the videos a ridiculously large size, and I used Pinnacle VideoSpin for my BART video, and it came out crappy compared to the original footage from Fraps.

Any pointing in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!

-A :cool:

(Until I get an answer on the youtube question, the video I have of my (5) from the middle track at Jackson Av to Brooklyn Bridge is on hold in the queue).

P.S. I just realized this---holy crap those are my station walls in your route! Thanks for the subliminal shoutout! :)

I use the video from fraps to windows movie maker then from that I put it on youtube.

Lost all of my route yesterday. I am starting over, but it is an Amtrak route, so I won't be posting any pictures for a while :D.

But, I am going to wait until some more stuff I saw on the Auran Forums is released, and I will start the whole route over from scratch, and try to put some outside and EL tracks in.

Keep it up with the videos @R33WF, your content looks really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

subwaytn7.jpg

tun1e.jpg

tun8.jpg

tun9.jpg

Questions for GE&P(6). How is the work going on the Sea Beach stations the ones that had the tunnels at the end, and where do you suppose I can find some nice wall, like the ones on your Brighton Line?

acelejalde_20111009_0003.jpg

Just wanted to know if this content was or is still being worked on or is dead?(Sea Beach stations and tracks also the tunnels!

Just wanted to know if this content was or is still being worked on or is dead?(Sea Beach stations and tracks also the tunnels!

Everything up there is dead. <3>Train and GE&P(6) are talking about some copyright issues, and <3>Train does not even have the tunnels. He made them, but he lost them, and GE&P(6) and BStyles have them. They say it would be some copyright issue stuff, so BStyles is currently making some new tunnels in collab with GE&P(6).

The open-cut stuff, GE&P(6) lost all of that stuff when he lost his NYCTA content. This was part of the (N) and (Q) lines. I asked him about this stuff and he said it is coming back soon.

If you hit the Auran forums, you can see plenty new content, including some more realistic, less poly count EL tracks by BStyles.

Everything up there is dead. <3>Train and GE&P(6) are talking about some copyright issues, and <3>Train does not even have the tunnels. He made them, but he lost them, and GE&P(6) and BStyles have them. They say it would be some copyright issue stuff, so BStyles is currently making some new tunnels in collab with GE&P(6).

The open-cut stuff, GE&P(6) lost all of that stuff when he lost his NYCTA content. This was part of the (N) and (Q) lines. I asked him about this stuff and he said it is coming back soon.

If you hit the Auran forums, you can see plenty new content, including some more realistic, less poly count EL tracks by BStyles.

Hearing this is a shame.I thank you for letting us know about this and that but this has been happening for years people creating things and losing them whatever happened to backing shit up with other people co-developers,flash drives,friends,emails wtf this is completely bull shit.

O I lost the tunnels.And the copyright issue I don't get if they're considered the NYCTA Team there shouldn't be any copyright issues someone gets the credit for the textures and the other for the creation.

When shit is done its done there may be some errors,miscalculations or whatever but when its released the community should give feedback on stuff instead developers holding in all the work and releasing everything as once risking losing ALL or MOST data.

We have top of the notch signals(nothing else may be necessary meaning they should be FINAL they were re-textured) GE&P

Partial Elevated platform(spline) objects

Underground pack many stations and objects(not FINAL but tracks should be removed so people can add invisible stations)

Those tunnels and Sea Beach objects are major set backs.Hopefully the lesson should be finally learned about backing up data in multiple places it's just inexcusable.But I'm looking forward to better looking objects(more FPS friendly) since the Sea Beach and tunnels were lost.Can't wait!

Hearing this is a shame.I thank you for letting us know about this and that but this has been happening for years people creating things and losing them whatever happened to backing shit up with other people co-developers,flash drives,friends,emails wtf this is completely bull shit.

O I lost the tunnels.And the copyright issue I don't get if they're considered the NYCTA Team there shouldn't be any copyright issues someone gets the credit for the textures and the other for the creation.

When shit is done its done there may be some errors,miscalculations or whatever but when its released the community should give feedback on stuff instead developers holding in all the work and releasing everything as once risking losing ALL or MOST data.

We have top of the notch signals(nothing else may be necessary meaning they should be FINAL they were re-textured) GE&P

Partial Elevated platform(spline) objects

Underground pack many stations and objects(not FINAL but tracks should be removed so people can add invisible stations)

Those tunnels and Sea Beach objects are major set backs.Hopefully the lesson should be finally learned about backing up data in multiple places it's just inexcusable.But I'm looking forward to better looking objects(more FPS friendly) since the Sea Beach and tunnels were lost.Can't wait!

Yeah, we have plenty of objects. I asked GE&P(6) about the EL stations. He says when the BART is done, he will look into it. Since this thread is not quite up to date, I will bring us back up to speed with what is going on in the NYCTA world on the Auran forums. First the R142 that is being made to replace the one made by Alexander55.

trainz2012022821402114.png

Concept Subway Station

trainz2012030216434816.png

This is the progress so far on the R142

R142HDUpdate-14.png

Last but not least, v2 of the EL tracks. These have fixed the splining problem, and use a lot less polygons. The left is v1, and the right is v2.

MadeWithOverlay.png

Thanks for updating the projects.

Last time I checked the forum was undergoing maintenance so I didn't worry about it too much, but it sounds like it's been up for a while now. Not really a fan of taking pictures(and using up the last bits of storage in my long-lived Photobucket account, which I plan to upgrade later on) but a lot of projects are under re...re-construction.

Can't wait on the tunnels. I have to move on, and it looks like they can use an update. I don't have a set of textures, but i'm working on it. You know the tunnels are too dark to take pictures of, so i have to work around that. Working off of something, but it could be better. for now though, i'll be experimenting with different textures until I get something that looks like our tunnels.

While Ace works on his hometown projects, I'm getting back on the scene. I have obligations now, and I'm not always going to update projects on time, but you can best believe that you'll never get a bad update. The Elevated tracks are getting a facelift, coming from those cartoonish ones I made in the past and into the more realistic one currently under development. More texture use and less polygons using a new program which I call Overlay, in which we take a large overhead texture of our project and project it down onto our model, and then cut along the "dotted lines" until we get the final results, posted above.

The R142 is coming along smoothly. Thanks to some cab photos on Photobucket, authors credited, as well as some exterior shots I took myself, the 142 is going to be done a lot faster than I had originally anticipated, which means that you guys will have something to run IRT with, in the near future. Thinking of collaborating to do some other subway cars, but for now I just have to focus on the 142, and then the 160. Contributions, as I said, are greatly appreciated. I'm going to start working on the B car and then start doing some test runs on the cars in due time. Stay tuned.

As far as I know, the Elevated stations aren't done yet, and will be receiving a facelift. The open-cut stations are still a work in progress, and aren't too far along to have to start all over. I managed to get all the necessary textures for them so I'll start work on them soon. No start or release date, as always.

Edited by Bstyles

Thanks for updating the projects.

Last time I checked the forum was undergoing maintenance so I didn't worry about it too much, but it sounds like it's been up for a while now. Not really a fan of taking pictures(and using up the last bits of storage in my long-lived Photobucket account, which I plan to upgrade later on) but a lot of projects are under re...re-construction.

Can't wait on the tunnels. I have to move on, and it looks like they can use an update. I don't have a set of textures, but i'm working on it. You know the tunnels are too dark to take pictures of, so i have to work around that. Working off of something, but it could be better. for now though, i'll be experimenting with different textures until I get something that looks like our tunnels.

While Ace works on his hometown projects, I'm getting back on the scene. I have obligations now, and I'm not always going to update projects on time, but you can best believe that you'll never get a bad update. The Elevated tracks are getting a facelift, coming from those cartoonish ones I made in the past and into the more realistic one currently under development. More texture use and less polygons using a new program which I call Overlay, in which we take a large overhead texture of our project and project it down onto our model, and then cut along the "dotted lines" until we get the final results, posted above.

The R142 is coming along smoothly. Thanks to some cab photos on Photobucket, authors credited, as well as some exterior shots I took myself, the 142 is going to be done a lot faster than I had originally anticipated, which means that you guys will have something to run IRT with, in the near future. Thinking of collaborating to do some other subway cars, but for now I just have to focus on the 142, and then the 160. Contributions, as I said, are greatly appreciated. I'm going to start working on the B car and then start doing some test runs on the cars in due time. Stay tuned.

As far as I know, the Elevated stations aren't done yet, and will be receiving a facelift. The open-cut stations are still a work in progress, and aren't too far along to have to start all over. I managed to get all the necessary textures for them so I'll start work on them soon. No start or release date, as always.

Well look who's back.

Welcome back BStyles. I helped get everyone somewhat up-to-speed of what you have been doing with the new tracks, underground and EL, the R142, and the new stations that I saw you built, all the stuff you put on the Auran Forums. Well I guess you can take over all that now. Nice to see you again.

I'm relaying a message from "Green Eggs n' Pelham" to let users know that he is unable to access his account on this forum. Therefore to further receive updates from him on his NYCTA and BART project, please visit the Auran Forums and search for "NYCTA Pics" and "BART" (there may be some that I'm missing). He is sorry for the inconvenience...

I'm relaying a message from "Green Eggs n' Pelham" to let users know that he is unable to access his account on this forum. Therefore to further receive updates from him on his NYCTA and BART project, please visit the Auran Forums and search for "NYCTA Pics" and "BART" (there may be some that I'm missing). He is sorry for the inconvenience...

Tell him to email me at info at nyctransitforums.com.