Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

@Brighton: Thanks. I started some preliminary work yesterday with rulers along the Sea Beach line, and built the CI platforms only. It takes awhile to load because of the large nature of the DEM map. I might have to cut it down and just have it in Brooklyn for now and delete all the rest.

-A  :ph34r:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revamping the 1- and 2-shot GT home signals after looking at videos and photos from around the Coney Island area, where these signals are the most prominent (from what I've built thus far). Let me know what you guys think. Right now, my good friend and resident scripter SubwayV is working hard on configuring the GT script for these models; for now, the caution through state for the 2-shots will show Yellow+S+Green, but will *not* clear to green and have the "S" dim out (that's the script's job); likewise, the caution indication will have the "D" illuminated instead. For the one shots, the Red+Lunar+Red indication will not clear without a script. But hey! At least it's a step forward with basic trainz functions--I am getting into the game of learning scripting, but it'll be awhile before I can contribute on my own. Anyway, enough gum flapping. Here's your eye candy!

One-shot Home

NYCTAHome1-Shot.png

Two-shot Home
NYCTAHome2-Shot.png

Hey Guys, sorry for the long absence. A few points, and then pictures!

The bandwith will reset tomorrow on my Photobucket account because it's the first of the month--photos should be visible again. By September I should have an upgraded account so that the thumbnails don't randomly turn off like that again.

Also: I am fixing thumbnails and changing the config files to reflect this for ALL of my content. This will be a weeks long project that will see all current content upgraded to be compatible with the most recent patching of TS12. Everything will be released in phases. Please go to the BDC Projects website (bdcprojects.boards.net) and go to the NYCTA Content Download section (not sure if I created a subforum yet) and you'll find all the links there. Again--the website is the ONLY place to find the download links, as that was one of the main purposes of starting a separate forum. Now everyone doesn't have to look all over the internet for the download links. The KUIDs will not change, so allow them to (safely) overwrite your existing copies of the NYCTA content. To avoid errors, it's recommended you run an extended database repair afterwards, so CM can verify all of the files. Keep posted here (or Auran or BDC) for updates on when updated releases will come through. Some new releases will be happening in the next month, primarily Open Cut, some EL add on pieces/splines and new signal types.

Anyway, enjoy some updates. Coney Island on the BMT Southern Shuttle is in the works, as well as new GT home signals and 240 St Yard on the (1)

Reference Photo for CI:
Reference.png

CI (It's not much but it's a start)
CI-1.png
CI-2.png
CI-3.png

1- and 2-shot GT Home signals and 240 St yard leads
NYCTAHome2-Shot.png
NYCTAHome1-Shot.png

Signals in route:
GT1SHome.png
2shot-S.png
2shot-D.png

240Yd.png

Enjoy!

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Anyone remotely interested in Trainz NYCTA development, please sign up at me and BStyles' new website:

www.bdcprojects.com

Everything, and I mean *everything* about NYCTA Trainz will be on this website including downloads. Beginning the middle of next week, ALL content will be hosted on that website, so no more asking "where can I get this, where can I get that. I know not all of you do that, but for those who do, be warned that behavior of that sort will be phased out quickly on the new website. Content will start being uploaded around the middle of the week.

ALL content downloads are up and running. My beta testers have reported no errors. These will work in SP1 for Trainz 12 as they have thumbnails.

http://www.bdcprojects.com/index.php?action=downloads%3Bcat%3D2

Please be advised that the IRT Route is NOT on the website because only beta testers need access to that. Also, you MUST be registered to have access to the downloads.

Also, please let me make this very clear: Since these downloads will be on an official site, giving the downloads to other individuals who are NOT registered to the site will NOT be tolerated in any capacity. Any claims made to me or other moderators about suspected in-trading of content to unapproved guests will be investigated and taken very seriously. If you are found in violation of the terms of this agreement, you will be banned from the website, and Auran/N3V, NYCTF, as well as OpenBVE will be notified and you will be red flagged within the community. Please follow this rule and don't make me implement this to anybody. I'm a real nice and understanding guy, but moochers getting content without any input to the community (aka gimmie pigs, some of which I will not name here) is something that I will not tolerate at all.

FINALLY. After two hours of tiny little errors with the texture library script, ONE missing bracket that eluded me, and a huge oversight with the string-table, I am proud to finally present the next generation of track-side signs for Trainz NYCTA. Texture credit goes to the developers @ OpenBVE, most notably Henry Chen for giving me permission to use his textures folder to acquire the sign types (way better than my old ones).

These first picture depicts the dual signs found on outside portions of the subway. Each sign references a texture library and can display any of the signs found on the subway. The third picture is the normal single sign, with the same properties. This replaces the old beta sign where you had to pick your sign AND enter in a numerical value. This way is a lot easier. Yes there are 63 different textures, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to shoot through it breezily. You can even type in a few characters of the name you'd like and the menu will auto-scroll to that section. Thanks for the support guys! Next will be a few tunnel and overhead versions and then some testing then release!

Also, I've finally gotten a way to rename the distance and homeball plates for my signals as evidenced by the below picture! So, not only will new TS signs be coming in the next few weeks but also all new signals! No longer will that J2-356 or X-144 haunt your Trainz routes over and over! You'll be able to edit the text and have each signal read something different, depicting mileposts however you'd like. Each field will have up to 4 characters each. I'm proud to say that with the team we're cultivating at BDC Projects, we are making breakthroughs everyday to make you guys enjoy your NYCTA building more and more!

As always, enjoy!

Newx2Sign.png

Newx1Sign.png

NewSignal.png
^The new signals have some new mods not shown here: slimmer heads, making the lenses appear larger (and cooler), slimmer ladders & utility boxes and the return of that strange little box in the middle of the track whose purpose eludes me at this late hour.

Back with R32, R33 Greenbird, R62, R46, R142 & R160 action!!!

R62 & R142 (1) near 207 St. Yard

trainzfreak101_20130819_0002_zps24729e1d

trainzfreak101_20130819_0003_zpseb8fd7de

R160 & R46 (R) at Whitehall St. last stop

trainzfreak101_20130819_0009_zps7865fbfc

R160 (A) heading towards Far Rockaway with R160 (F) heading back to Jamaica-179th

trainzfreak101_20130819_0004_zpsd4f80572

R160 (B) & (Q) heading into Brighton Beach

trainzfreak101_20130819_0006_zpse2d6b2e2

A pair of R160's on the West End (D) line!!!

trainzfreak101_20130819_0007_zpsa9d667ad

R160 (F) & (G) outside Ditmas Av.

trainzfreak101_20130819_0011_zps01a77a42

R142 (3) & (4) along the Livonia Av. Line

trainzfreak101_20130819_0005_zps1e00cbb0

R33 Greenbirds on the (1)(5) & (6)

trainzfreak101_20130819_0010_zpsba559143

trainzfreak101_20130819_0008_zps73a9fc72

BONUS!!!! Check out the roof on the R32!!!!!

trainzfreak101_20130819_0001_zps3db3c8b6

p10302341mx1_zps9c4ff1e1.jpg

See a resemblance????

Enjoy!!!!

Edited by SubwayEngineer12

Wow so after WPR this project is completely done! You have done a great job Green and I commend you and BStyles, and anyone else who has been working on this project very much. 

SubwayEngineer you have also done a very good job at the reskins. I am not sure if this has been asked before, but are the R142 rollsigns animated?