Create your own bus route!

Broadway Local

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About the B28: It's a great idea, but Clarkson Ave is a really small street. The B12 has some trouble getting through there already. Couldn't u use Lenox Rd after Albany Ave?

Also, this may stretch the route a bit, but couldn't you use Union ST between Beard St & Court St?

Well, I did post the second map of the B28 on WInthrop St, like I said on above post, it would stop closer to Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center and it would connect with the B46 and B46LTD at Utica Av.

Of course, the B28 always could travel on Union St, but I had it follow the B61's route for simplicity's sake.

Also, I made a map of your B53. I don't really have a place to upload PDF documents, so I took a screenshot. This is the best size I could get it as.

B53MapPicture.png

I have the actual piece on Google Docs, but the quality is... bad. Also Google Docs always fails to display PDFs, so yeah.

If you want to view the route in actual quality (and edit it), you have to download the program I used to make it, Inkscape. Don't worry, it's free and harmless.

Click here for my new fantasy route, the B50.

Other info:

Hails from East NY Depot.

Uses RTS Buses, Orion VII Next Gen, Nova Bus, articulated SelectBusService & reg size.

Click here for an alternate express version, the BQ1. (Operated by MTA Bus.) You can tell me which one you think is a better idea. Both routes will serve the purpose of providing direct service from the airport to the East Flatbush/Flatbush/Dwntwn Bklyn areas.

P.S. Would someone make a consolidation map with all Brooklyn bus route ideas and post it on this thread? (including my B50, BQ1 & B53)

Edited by ThrexxBus

M61: Midtown to La Guardia Airport

m61.png

Route in Queens:

From the Midtown Tunnel exit onto the BQE, take that onto the Eastern spur, take that onto the Grand Central Parkway, exit at 94th Street and follow M60 route.

From Marine Air Terminal onto Astoria Blvd, onto the BQE Eastern spur, exit onto the LIE, and take that into the Midtown tunnel.

B85 Limited from Jamaica-LIRR Station (the terminal of the Q30/31/43) to the Fulton Mall.

Westbound:

Turns on Archer to Sutphin.

Turns to Jamaica Avenue.

Turns on Myrtle.

Turns on Flatbush Avenue.

Turns on Tillary.

Turns on Jay Street. Terminates at Willoughby Street.

Eastbound:

Turns on Fulton.

Turns on Flatbush.

Turns on Myrtle.

Turns on Jamaica Avenue.

Turns on 146th Street.

Turns on Archer Avenue. Jamaica terminal.

Westbound stops:

1. Archer/Sutphin.

2. Jamaica Avenue/Van Wyck

3. "/Lefferts Blvd.

4. Myrtle Av/Woodhaven

5. "/61 St.

6. "/Ridgewood Terminal

7. "/DeKalb Av

8. "/Marcus Garvey Blvd.

9. "/Nostrand Av

10. "/Bedford Av

11. "/Vanderbilt Av

12. "/Flatbush Av

13. Jay St/Tillary St.

14. "/Willoughby St (terminal)

How would the B85 benefit passengers? A direct route to Jamaica from Downtown Brooklyn? There's already the LIRR service that terminates at Atlantic-Flatbush Avenues, along with the A train at either Jay or Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets to Broadway Junction and transfer to the J train into Jamaica.

How would the B85 benefit passengers? A direct route to Jamaica from Downtown Brooklyn? There's already the LIRR service that terminates at Atlantic-Flatbush Avenues, along with the A train at either Jay or Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets to Broadway Junction and transfer to the J train into Jamaica.
I wasn't really thinking of just the LIRR. It's really more of a method to provide direct Limited-stop bus service along Myrtle Avenue from Jamaica to Downtown Brooklyn.

My Fantasy Buses:

B72- Bay Ridge-Verrazano Bay/Shore Road

to Lefferts Gardens-Nostrand Avenue

Ulmer Park Bus Depot

B76- Sunset Park-59th Street Station

to Downtown Brooklyn-Metrotech Center/Jay St

Jackie Gleason Bus Depot

B76 LTD- Sunset Park-59th Street Station

to Chinatown-6th Avenue

Q61- East New York- New Lots Avenue Station

to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue Station

Far Rockaway Bus Depot

Bx49- The Hub-3rd Avenue/149th Street

to Eastchester-Provost Avenue

Gun Hill Bus Depot

Bx66 LTD- Port Morris-Bruckner Boulevard

to Wakefield-241st Street Station

West Farms Bus Depot

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=214107502878968930302.0004b590582dde0d56eaa&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.735106,-73.883464&spn=0.26565,0.305343&t=m&vpsrc=6&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=214107502878968930302.0004b590582dde0d56eaa&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.735106,-73.883464&spn=0.26565,0.305343&t=m&vpsrc=6&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Fantasy Routes B72, B76, B76 LTD, Q61, Bx49, Bx66 LTD</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

M61: Midtown to La Guardia Airport

m61.png

Route in Queens:

From the Midtown Tunnel exit onto the BQE, take that onto the Eastern spur, take that onto the Grand Central Parkway, exit at 94th Street and follow M60 route.

From Marine Air Terminal onto Astoria Blvd, onto the BQE Eastern spur, exit onto the LIE, and take that into the Midtown tunnel.

Couldn't you extend it further north to 72nd Street & York Ave, or even 91st Street to service Yorkville & the Upper East Side.

Couldn't you extend it further north to 72nd Street & York Ave, or even 91st Street to service Yorkville & the Upper East Side.

We use cabs, car service, or even our own vehicles to go to the airport. I personally would never even consider taking public transportation to the airport, or even anywhere outside of Manhattan.

Or maybe revert this to an express called the X91?

In fact, let me twist it up.

The X91 from Yorkville to LaGuardia Airport!

X91_resize_2-2.png

Some things about this route.

1. The stops for the express are represented by a diamond. The purpose for this is to designate WHERE you're allowed to enter the express bus. The Madison Avenue section doesn't have these stops for that reason.

2. There's a section that turns on 86th Street towards LaGuardia. This is the Super Express version for those who live in Yorkville, yet don't want to have to wait for the regular X91 to make continuous stops en route to LaGuardia. There are only two SEs each way.

Edited by RTS CNG Command
Added information, bigger picture of the express route.

X91_resize_2-2.png

1. The stops for the express are represented by a diamond. The purpose for this is to designate WHERE you're allowed to enter the express bus. The Madison Avenue section doesn't have these stops for that reason.

2. There's a section that turns on 86th Street towards LaGuardia. This is the Super Express version for those who live in Yorkville, yet don't want to have to wait for the regular X91 to make continuous stops en route to LaGuardia. There are only two SEs each way.

Couldn't you use the FDR to get to the RFK :P(Abbrevations!) since it's a super exp?

Couldn't you use the FDR to get to the RFK :P(Abbrevations!) since it's a super exp?
It'd be wishful thinking, but between 23rd and 125th street, buses and trucks aren't allowed on the FDR/Harlem River Drive.

Q61- East New York- New Lots Avenue Station

to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue Station

Far Rockaway Bus Depot

Q61.png

X91_resize_2-2.png

First off there are issues with the routing. The "super express" should use 1st and 2nd Avenues. Why should it go so far out of its way by using Lexington and 3rd, which have far more traffic than 1st and 2nd?

Secondly, you completely missed my point. I think I can speak for the majority of Yorkville residents in saying that we will NOT take public transportation to the airport. If the cost for a family of 4 to go to the airport is $22 each way then they'll just hail a cab right outside their apartment and skip all the trouble of a bus. Not that small amounts of money like that would be an issue to anyone going on a $100+ flight. A lot of us call for a car service in advance as well. I don't know the details, but there's also those airport vans that I sometimes see driving around which is relatively cheap compared to cab fare.

And finally, headways on such a route would need to be every 5 minutes or else we simply won't tolerate it or wait for it. The M31 has headways of about 10 minutes on the weekends, and we'd rather take a cab from one street on York Avenue to another street on York than wait for the bus. We're so isolated from the subway that besides for commuting to our jobs, we're accustomed to taking cabs or walking to most places. You could make that bus free and it would still barely get any ridership.

Also I just want to mention that I've never flown out of La Guardia Airport ever. Always either Newark or JFK.

It'd be wishful thinking, but between 23rd and 125th street, buses and trucks aren't allowed on the FDR/Harlem River Drive.

That's the "official" rules, but the QM downtown buses take it to/from 34th Street and sometimes the northbound X90 would take it to the 42nd Street exit.

First off there are issues with the routing. The "super express" should use 1st and 2nd Avenues. Why should it go so far out of its way by using Lexington and 3rd, which have far more traffic than 1st and 2nd?

Secondly, you completely missed my point. I think I can speak for the majority of Yorkville residents in saying that we will NOT take public transportation to the airport. If the cost for a family of 4 to go to the airport is $22 each way then they'll just hail a cab right outside their apartment and skip all the trouble of a bus. Not that small amounts of money like that would be an issue to anyone going on a $100+ flight. A lot of us call for a car service in advance as well. I don't know the details, but there's also those airport vans that I sometimes see driving around which is relatively cheap compared to cab fare.

And finally, headways on such a route would need to be every 5 minutes or else we simply won't tolerate it or wait for it. The M31 has headways of about 10 minutes on the weekends, and we'd rather take a cab from one street on York Avenue to another street on York than wait for the bus. We're so isolated from the subway that besides for commuting to our jobs, we're accustomed to taking cabs or walking to most places. You could make that bus free and it would still barely get any ridership.

Also I just want to mention that I've never flown out of La Guardia Airport ever. Always either Newark or JFK.

No offense, but that comment about taxis seems a bit snobbish. You say you THINK that you can speak for the residents, but I am sure you are not their public advocate. There may be some residents who want to use the bus. However, if Yorkville dosen't want to use the bus, then it can bypass that neighborhood too. (P.S. These are fantasy routes!)

Click here for my new fantasy route, the B50.

Other info:

Hails from East NY Depot.

Uses RTS Buses, Orion VII Next Gen, Nova Bus, articulated SelectBusService & reg size.

Click here for an alternate express version, the BQ1. (Operated by MTA Bus.) You can tell me which one you think is a better idea. Both routes will serve the purpose of providing direct service from the airport to the East Flatbush/Flatbush/Dwntwn Bklyn areas.

Would someone be nice enough to make a map for the above routes?

No offense, but that comment about taxis seems a bit snobbish. You say you THINK that you can speak for the residents, but I am sure you are not their public advocate. There may be some residents who want to use the bus. However, if Yorkville dosen't want to use the bus, then it can bypass that neighborhood too. (P.S. These are fantasy routes!)

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it. I've never seen anyone with luggage waiting for the bus or anything because we wouldn't dare go and wait on 125th Street for a bus with all our stuff out. Plus if it's going to be an express bus charging $5.50 then we'd rather just take a cab. Not only can it use the Grand Central Parkway, but it can also use the FDR Drive to get to the RFK, both of which buses are prohibited from doing.

Q61.png

Q61 would work best if it's express via lefferts blvd airtrain then nassau expressway direct to rockaway blvd you eliminate duplication and create a direct route that would attract many riders and transfer ppl too who want a faster trip to far rockaway.

Would someone be nice enough to make a map for the above routes?

Beat you to it B39 restoration is very similar to ur BQ1 idea as it stops in williamsburg and has transfer stops to (L)(G) then express to jackson heights subway for many bus lines and subway lines then express again to LGA. Cause the line has no residential portions the ridership won't be affected so much by traffic and on time performance is low risk. Ohh before the others bash just giving the warning some ideas are best kept silent just take the ones you feel strongly about and talk with polititians rather than ppl here.

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it. I've never seen anyone with luggage waiting for the bus or anything because we wouldn't dare go and wait on 125th Street for a bus with all our stuff out. Plus if it's going to be an express bus charging $5.50 then we'd rather just take a cab. Not only can it use the Grand Central Parkway, but it can also use the FDR Drive to get to the RFK, both of which buses are prohibited from doing.

look at M60 you will be surprised.

Ohh I also saw buses and trucks on the grandcentral beyond astoria en rte to LGA so you are a bit off to an extent but mostly correct.

Besides I am the opposite of you I avoid manhattan buses like the plague yet I will gladly use buses in other areas like the outerboroughs LI and NJ and even CT. Manhattan buses are just too slow for me to take seriously except the M60.