Create your own bus route!

Broadway Local

Q61 would work best if it's express via lefferts blvd airtrain then nassau expressway direct to rockaway blvd you eliminate duplication and create a direct route that would attract many riders and transfer ppl too who want a faster trip to far rockaway.

Beat you to it B39 restoration is very similar to ur BQ1 idea as it stops in williamsburg and has transfer stops to (L)(G) then express to jackson heights subway for many bus lines and subway lines then express again to LGA. Cause the line has no residential portions the ridership won't be affected so much by traffic and on time performance is low risk. Ohh before the others bash just giving the warning some ideas are best kept silent just take the ones you feel strongly about and talk with polititians rather than ppl here.

If I came of a bit angry, I apologize. I don't want to start flame wars. About the BQ1: My bus goes to JFK, not LGA. But, I want my bus to stop in the Flatbush area because airport access from there is nearly impossible without a $40 cab, so it will really benefit the people who live there.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
look at M60 you will be surprised.

Ohh I also saw buses and trucks on the grandcentral beyond astoria en rte to LGA so you are a bit off to an extent but mostly correct.

Besides I am the opposite of you I avoid manhattan buses like the plague yet I will gladly use buses in other areas like the outerboroughs LI and NJ and even CT. Manhattan buses are just too slow for me to take seriously except the M60.

Now that I think about it, the M60 isn't that reliable. When I lived in Manhattan, I used it to go shopping and it sometimes came in bunches. And I lived near the first stop in Manhattan.

If I came of a bit angry, I apologize. I don't want to start flame wars. About the BQ1: My bus goes to JFK, not LGA. But, I want my bus to stop in the Flatbush area because airport access from there is nearly impossible without a $40 cab, so it will really benefit the people who live there.

let me guess it uses linden blvd going ltd stops ehh? cause that is like an anti-car type of bus. M60 is never on time but it makes up for it in frequency.

look at M60 you will be surprised.

Ohh I also saw buses and trucks on the grandcentral beyond astoria en rte to LGA so you are a bit off to an extent but mostly correct.

Besides I am the opposite of you I avoid manhattan buses like the plague yet I will gladly use buses in other areas like the outerboroughs LI and NJ and even CT. Manhattan buses are just too slow for me to take seriously except the M60.

Did I read that right? The M60 is the only bus in Manhattan that's fast enough for you to take seriously?

*Insert face palm image here?*

Did I read that right? The M60 is the only bus in Manhattan that's fast enough for you to take seriously?

*Insert face palm image here?*

based on trips taken I use it from lexington to LGA or from astoria it always shows up when I get there I guess I am just lucky. I don't know much about manhattan routes as I barely use em I mostly use the subway.

based on trips taken I use it from lexington to LGA or from astoria it always shows up when I get there I guess I am just lucky. I don't know much about manhattan routes as I barely use em I mostly use the subway.

Oh you're referring to the headways. The headways aren't quite as good as the crosstown buses (mainly the M79 and M86). As much as I want to say that the M15 SBS has good headways, one afternoon on the weekend I waited 17 minutes (I timed it) at 42nd Street before saying the hell with it and hopping on the local, and when we got to 86th Street a select still hadn't passed us.

Oh you're referring to the headways. The headways aren't quite as good as the crosstown buses (mainly the M79 and M86). As much as I want to say that the M15 SBS has good headways, one afternoon on the weekend I waited 17 minutes (I timed it) at 42nd Street before saying the hell with it and hopping on the local, and when we got to 86th Street a select still hadn't passed us.

NOW you know why I don't use manhattan buses your experience alone is the reason why. Too unreliable compared to other areas. Many SCT lines as shitty as they are they run FAST and in my experiences on-time also NJT is more reliable as well as outerborough buses

let me guess it uses linden blvd going ltd stops ehh? cause that is like an anti-car type of bus. M60 is never on time but it makes up for it in frequency.

Yeah, it uses Linden Bl, I say that in the doc. I'm not anti-car, I just do care a bit (sorry, a LOT) about the enviroment. I get angry if cars do less than 35 MPG. And about the M60: maybe it is like you said: you got lucky with the M60. I did a couple times too.

P.S. You are not a fan of capital letters, are you? ;)

What time was it? A lot of buses run terribly in the night and on weekends. Even the B12, which on weekdays I have to say is one of the best buses in ALL the boroughs. Plus, the bad thing about SBS is if you run in to a situation like yours, that fare is gone if you used the machine already. ;)

What time was it? A lot of buses run terribly in the night and on weekends. Even the B12, which on weekdays I have to say is one of the best buses in ALL the boroughs. Plus, the bad thing about SBS is if you run in to a situation like yours, that fare is gone if you used the machine already. ;)

Yeah I know, it's terrible. I was considering just hailing a cab after 10 minutes but kept saying to myself how I already paid and that the bus should be coming any minute, which obviously was not the case at all.

I don't even know if this is the proper way to do so, but I was just so fed up that I walked over to the local bus stop when I saw it coming and just walked in past the driver with the SBS ticket in my hand, and kept looking out the back window to see if an SBS was approaching us or not so that I could transfer at the next stop, but nothing.

Two new Manhattan fantasy routes!

M36_M37.png

These loops operate on a weekday schedule. Both are clockwise, but serve separate areas. The M36 serves the western portion of Battery Park City, while the M37 serves both the central and eastern sections. Both terminals are on State Street near the South Ferry.

As you see, the M37 has a part-time route that doesn't serve Chambers Street and heads straight through City Hall. That operates only during the AM and PM rush hours.

Two new Manhattan fantasy routes!

M36_M37.png

These loops operate on a weekday schedule. Both are clockwise, but serve separate areas. The M36 serves the western portion of Battery Park City, while the M37 serves both the central and eastern sections. Both terminals are on State Street near the South Ferry.

As you see, the M37 has a part-time route that doesn't serve Chambers Street and heads straight through City Hall. That operates only during the AM and PM rush hours.

The M36 should use the M20 route between Battery Place & Chambers Street.

The current routing could be used rush hours.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5c88f0695f247277&ie=UTF8&ll=40.787354,-73.963013&spn=0.169933,0.103308&t=m&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004b5c896c1be0ad96af&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5c88f0695f247277&ie=UTF8&ll=40.787354,-73.963013&spn=0.169933,0.103308&t=m&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004b5c896c1be0ad96af&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Manhattan Loop Idea</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

M13 loop begins at South Ferry, follows M5 to Worth St, old M1 pattern to 9th St, then M5 to Worth St, then M15 pattern to South Ferry.

M30 loops follows M72 to Freedom Pl/68th St, then M57 to Madison Av, old M30 pattern to 72nd St.

M105 begins at Cloisters Museum or 190th St (A) Station, follows M4 to 178th St, then M100 to Kingsbridge Depot, then continue follows M100 to 179th St, then M4 back to 190th St (A)/Cloisters.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5c88f0695f247277&ie=UTF8&ll=40.787354,-73.963013&spn=0.169933,0.103308&t=m&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004b5c896c1be0ad96af&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004b5c88f0695f247277&ie=UTF8&ll=40.787354,-73.963013&spn=0.169933,0.103308&t=m&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004b5c896c1be0ad96af&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Manhattan Loop Idea</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

M13 loop begins at South Ferry, follows M5 to Worth St, old M1 pattern to 9th St, then M5 to Worth St, then M15 pattern to South Ferry.

M30 loops follows M72 to Freedom Pl/68th St, then M57 to Madison Av, old M30 pattern to 72nd St.

M105 begins at Cloisters Museum or 190th St (A) Station, follows M4 to 178th St, then M100 to Kingsbridge Depot, then continue follows M100 to 179th St, then M4 back to 190th St (A)/Cloisters.

So the M13 is to replace the M1 South Ferry section? It should go further north to 14 Street-Union Square. It could connect to the subway lines there & the shopping area.

(P.S. Good mission.)

So the M13 is to replace the M1 South Ferry section? It should go further north to 14 Street-Union Square. It could connect to the subway lines there & the shopping area.

(P.S. Good mission.)

I updated M13 Loop.

Follows old M1 Pattern to Union Sq, then follows M14A via Abingdon Sq back to Union Sq, then follows M5 Pattern to Worth St, then M15 bus pattern.

It will make limited-stop loop except for Cetre St-Lafayette St, and 14th St.

It will be flag system at Cetre-Lafayette Sts since there are no bus stops.

Q120 - Grant Ave (A) to Green Acres via Conduit Blvd/Aves. Crosstown.

To create a more profitable route with more turnover it could be

Q120 or QB1 = Gateway Center to Green Acres, via Euclid Ave (A) and Conduit Blvd/Aves or Rockaway Blvd and Conduit Ave's

(Q27) - Extend bus to S. Conduit and Springfield Blvd.

Randall's Island: http://scaped.net/mta/islands.pdf

M36: Upper East Side, York Avenue

M38: Upper East Side, Madison/5th Avenues, 86th Street (4)(5)(6)

M37: Upper West Side, Riverside Drive/West End Avenue, 96th Street

Some buses to Randall's Island run express via the West Side Highway between 72nd and 96th Streets

M39: Upper West Side, Central Park West, Columbus Circle (1)(A)(;)(C)(D)

Not so sure about the M37/M39, but the M38 and especially the M36 would do quite well during the summer on weekends.

Also, none of these buses will make any stops anywhere close to 125th Street, that's what the M35 is for.

Randall's Island: http://scaped.net/mta/islands.pdf

M36: Upper East Side, York Avenue

M38: Upper East Side, Madison/5th Avenues, 86th Street (4)(5)(6)

M37: Upper West Side, Riverside Drive/West End Avenue, 96th Street

Some buses to Randall's Island run express via the West Side Highway between 72nd and 96th Streets

M39: Upper West Side, Central Park West, Columbus Circle (1)(A)(:((C)(D)

Not so sure about the M37/M39, but the M38 and especially the M36 would do quite well during the summer on weekends.

Also, none of these buses will make any stops anywhere close to 125th Street, that's what the M35 is for.

You could extend the M35 north to Washington Heights, or even the Bronx, but would it make money?

(P.S) Are these buses summer only, or all year?

You could extend the M35 north to Washington Heights, or even the Bronx, but would it make money?

I don't think so really. Isn't the M35 mainly just mental patients going to/from the hospital? Any sane person either drives or takes a cab to Randall's Island because spending the extra money is definitely worth it than having to wait around 125th Street with a bunch of lunatics waiting for a bus.

And the buses would run all year long, with increased service during the summer. And unlike any other bus route, it would run much more frequently on weekends than weekdays.

I don't think so really. Isn't the M35 mainly just mental patients going to/from the hospital? Any sane person either drives or takes a cab to Randall's Island because spending the extra money is definitely worth it than having to wait around 125th Street with a bunch of lunatics waiting for a bus.

Yeah, thats why I was not sure. I tried to get on it once & almost got hit in a fight. I would not want to drive that route if I were a bus driver.

A revision of the M9!

M9_revision.png

This one takes the current northbound terminal and both southbound terminals. But instead of two south M9 terminals, the new M9 would be reinstated down Water Street and loop around Battery Park City like it were prior to the 2010 cuts.

While the City Hall terminal's eliminated, the route isn't. During midday and rush-hour weekdays and Saturdays, the M9 would loop in Park Row. Heading to Battery Park City, it would turn on Frankfort Street. Heading northbound to the Veterans Hospital, it'd just keep traveling north on Park Row back to East Broadway.

A revision of the M9!

M9_revision.png

This one takes the current northbound terminal and both southbound terminals. But instead of two south M9 terminals, the new M9 would be reinstated down Water Street and loop around Battery Park City like it were prior to the 2010 cuts.

While the City Hall terminal's eliminated, the route isn't. During midday and rush-hour weekdays and Saturdays, the M9 would loop in Park Row. Heading to Battery Park City, it would turn on Frankfort Street. Heading northbound to the Veterans Hospital, it'd just keep traveling north on Park Row back to East Broadway.

That is one of the best ideas I have seen on this thread. :cool:

Nowhere near complete, but here's the first part of the Brooklyn Collaboration Map!

Here are the routes:

B50 and B53 - Created by ThrexxBus

B22 and B28 - Created by Me (The B22 is loosely based off Brooklyn Bus' B19 idea)

I guess and Threxx Bus and I could have collaborated better, our routes have could be considered redundant in a few places! :)

I will add in Coneyislandav7's routes and anybody else's fantasy routes. But I have finals soon, so yeah.

I guess and Threxx Bus and I could have collaborated better, our routes have could be considered redundant in a few places! :D

I will add in Coneyislandav7's routes and anybody else's fantasy routes. But I have finals soon, so yeah.

Thanks for your work! The routes aren't that redundant... :) But, can you add my BQ1? It's express, and it is the same route as the B50 only it's non-stop between Church Ave & Lefferts Bl Air-Train Station.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vE3HdPV75Ik5V3igYDXcgEfJUYo1kTVTBa_0CSUDQYg/edit