Create your own bus route!

Broadway Local

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dan: Maybe I will add the X90 and X92, but in a different format: the old X90 that went to Central Park North and X92 that went to Water & Broad (although my ideas are to make them limiteds and have the M92 LTD extend to the World Financial Center via Water Street B)).

That said, I updated my map with another one of my own route ideas: the M12 (in lilac coloring) that travels from Grand Central to South Ferry.

@Dan: Maybe I will add the X90 and X92, but in a different format: the old X90 that went to Central Park North and X92 that went to Water & Broad (although my ideas are to make them limiteds and have the M92 LTD extend to the World Financial Center via Water Street B)).

That said, I updated my map with another one of my own route ideas: the M12 (in lilac coloring) that travels from Grand Central to South Ferry.

How exactly was the route of the old X90? I could never find any information on it. Did it cut over to the FDR on 23rd or follow the BxM18's route?

How exactly was the route of the old X90? I could never find any information on it. Did it cut over to the FDR on 23rd or follow the BxM18's route?
The old X90 would cut through 23rd and then head up first Avenue to 79th Street and then progress into Madison Avenue to 110th Street. Going south, it'd travel down 5th Avenue, turn on 79th, and then down York Avenue, following the old X92 route until exiting FDR.

The old X90 would cut through 23rd and then head up first Avenue to 79th Street and then progress into Madison Avenue to 110th Street. Going south, it'd travel down 5th Avenue, turn on 79th, and then down York Avenue, following the old X92 route until exiting FDR.

Thanks!

And downtown it would follow the pre-2001 X90 route (the former X25 route), correct?

How I was able to retrieve the map (as well as the other boroughs' and Nassau's) is basically how Gorgor did it. I brought 'em to Inkscape. But Inkscape is a little bit laggy on my iMac, so I save 'em as an EPS or SVG file and then open them up into Illustrator. There, I use the tools to clean up the map and place in fantasy routes my own and others' on here (and others if I wanna look for 'em)

How long does it take to clean up the (original bus) map using Inkscape & Illustrator ?

Reason I ask.... I've long been looking for a bare boned map of Brooklyn so I can draw all my ideas onto it.... Tired of drawing out routes on google...

Excuse me for double-posting, but I have a map update!

The update is the M92 Limited from Yorkville to the World Financial Center, but as two branches: the M92A through Water Street and South Ferry (basically the old X90) and M92B through Tribeca, City Hall, and Chinatown.

Why not just label one the M90 and the other the M92? Also no real point in sending the M92A around to the World Financial Center if the M92B is already there. Everyone heading to/from there would just take the M92B.

Also I've always wondered why the MTA had the pre-9/11 X90 go through those local streets instead of taking the FDR straight on to West Street and heading up from there. It would've definitely shaved a good 10 minutes off the ride.

Why not just label one the M90 and the other the M92? Also no real point in sending the M92A around to the World Financial Center if the M92B is already there. Everyone heading to/from there would just take the M92B.

Also I've always wondered why the MTA had the pre-9/11 X90 go through those local streets instead of taking the FDR straight on to West Street and heading up from there. It would've definitely shaved a good 10 minutes off the ride.

They porbably felt that there would be decent ridership in that area. It would serve City Hall, and it would better serve the World Trade Center (I was only 6 when they came down, but I believe the main entrance was on Church Street)

How long does it take to clean up the (original bus) map using Inkscape & Illustrator ?

Reason I ask.... I've long been looking for a bare boned map of Brooklyn so I can draw all my ideas onto it.... Tired of drawing out routes on google...

It takes around ten to fifteen minutes to empty out the map. How I do it is just save the Inkscape file as an EPS or SVG (without text) and then open it in Illustrator. There, I consistently select an object, go to "Select" ----> "Same" ----> "Stroke Color" or "Stroke Weight" or whatever, and I clean it up.

Note that I HIDE the data by either placing them under a different layer and hitting the "eye" to show/hide or Command+3 to hide it. I tend to creating new layers and transporting the old data onto them so I can use them for later.

You'll see. :)

Another day, another update! This time, I added an idea of my own, the M90 Limited from Central Park North to Battery Place. With the exception of traveling to Battery Place, it's essentially the old X90 route pre-June 1996.

EDIT: Fixed a little error with the Limited dots and M92A and M92B squares.

Gorgor, how is your map coming along? Just curious.

Take time.

I've been a little busy lately, but I'm about half way done adding in the M200 and then the Q105 will follow. (Off topic: but isn't Q105 the name of a radio station? B))

I should have the updated map in a couple of days. I might as well also add in my ideas for the X90/X92, except I'll keep them as they should be, express buses. Nobody from the Upper East Side who's heading downtown says "$3.25 more? I'd rather get accidentally molested by random strangers on the 6 train." (It really can feel like that at times...)

And my idea for the ideal X90/X92 set up would be: http://scaped.net/mta/g_own.pdf. Basically the X92 makes all the stops on Water and Pearl Streets and ends at Battery Place while the X90 stays on the FDR Drive to bypass there and go straight to West Street and the World Financial Center. Using that set up would make a trip to/from the World Financial Center take around 30 minutes while leaving Wall Street unaffected.

Edited by Gorgor

FamousNYLover and Gorgor if you still add my route to your map,

I have an Edit: You have the South bound M17 heading down 10th Avenue however it’s a northbound only one way avenue. After reviewing the area the SB M17 should terminate at Chelsea Piers-12 Avenue near West 23 Street via the same routing as the M23.

Also to both mappers I have another route its a M105 Re-introduction. of the former Surface Transportation Corporation. M105 operated via 10th Ave. and Broadway . The route was moved to 11th Avenue in 1948, when 10th Avenue became one-way street.

However my M105 cuts service along Broadway & extends service to Battery Park City.

Operating between Columbus Circle West 57 Street and 8 Avenue and Battery Park City North End St and Vesey St.

SB route: Beginning at Columbus Circle, 57th street, 11th Avenue, W 24th street, 9th Avenue, W14th St, Washington Street, W Houston, West Street, Chambers Street, North End, Murray St., West St., and Terminating on Vesey St.

NB route: Beginning at Vesey, North End, Chambers, West Street, Spring Street, Greenwich Street, W 14th Street, 10th Avenue, [ Event route Left turn on to 34th, turn North on 11th Avenue, right on W40th and left back on to 10th Ave.] 10th Ave., W45th St., 11th Ave, 57th St. Terminating at Columbus Circle.

29zaooj.png

I just got idea.

M120 Museum Mile Loop:

Cloisters Museum, Ft. Washington Av, Broadway, 110th St, Frawley Circle, 5th Av, 42nd St, 6th Av, 59th St, Columbus Circle, Central Park West, 110th St, Amsterdam Av, 135th St, Riverside Drive, 120th St, Riverside Drive, 145th St, Broadway, 179th St, Ft. Washington Av, Cloisters Museum.

I just got idea.

M120 Museum Mile Loop:

Cloisters Museum, Ft. Washington Av, Broadway, 110th St, Frawley Circle, 5th Av, 42nd St, 6th Av, 59th St, Columbus Circle, Central Park West, 110th St, Amsterdam Av, 135th St, Riverside Drive, 120th St, Riverside Drive, 145th St, Broadway, 179th St, Ft. Washington Av, Cloisters Museum.

That's basically the M4 going Southbound and the M5/M10 going Northbound.

Maybe RTS CNG Command could put this.

Merged M27 and M16 together will be called M29 & M49.

M29 clockwise and M49 counterclockwise. M49 will be LTD.

Begins at Waterside Plaza, FDR Drive Service Rd, 34th St, 8th Av, 42nd St, 8th Av, 50th St, 2nd Av, 42nd St, 2nd Av, 23rd St, FDR Drive Service Rd.

M49 Counter Clockwise:

Begins at Waterside Plaza, FDR Drive, 34th St, 1st Av, 1st Av Tunnel, 49th St, 9th Av, 34th St, 2nd Av, 23rd St, FDR Drive Service Rd.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=m&vpsrc=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004ad68d77de6a3014e5&ll=40.749759,-73.980593&spn=0.024546,0.025168&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=m&vpsrc=0&msid=201703423907676287259.0004ad68d77de6a3014e5&ll=40.749759,-73.980593&spn=0.024546,0.025168&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">M27 and M28</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

M29 makes all stops along M16, M34, M50 and M15.

M49 LTD Counter Clockwise

Stops; Waterside Plaza/29th St, 1st Av/34th St, 1st Av/39th St, 49th St/1st Av, 49th St/2nd Av, 49th St/Lexington Av, 49th St/5th Av, 49th St/7th Av-Broadway, 49th St/8th Av, 49th St/9th Av, 9th Av/42nd St, 9th Av/40th St, 9th Av/37th St, 34th St/9th Av, 34th St/8th Av, 34th St/7th Av, 34th St/5th Av, 34th St/Lexington Av, 34th St/2nd Av, 2nd Av/28th St, 23rd St/2nd Av, 23rd St/1st Av, Waterside Plaza/25th St.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I don`t make map. Only Gorgor, RTS CNG Command.

Sorry I mean RTS CNG Command, apologies.

I also have another route, i promise this my last for a while,

M78 Roosevelt Island Limited

Operating between Roosevelt Island Coler-Goldwater Hospital (Local stops on Roosevelt Island) and Midtown Manhattan East 23 Street and Madison Avenue.

2rdaiyw.png

N34 oysterbay far rockaway express via nassau hub. The line runs via rte 106 to brush hollow rd then via westbusy LIRR to merrick ave then NCC then via nassau hub to westbury blvd then LTD stops at major intersections along penninsula then after mercy hospital express non stop to lakeview ave then lynbrook LIRR then onward via penninsula blvd and burnside ave to far rockaway. N34 is weekdays only.