Who Can Make a Great Conversation

R44 CNG

I just wanted to know if anybody could think of a great and hilarious conversation that railfans would have..

I thought of two topics, What line the R160 should be transferred to and Cars vs Cars...

Note: This will be made into a xtranormal video... Thank You!

The (F) should return to 53d Street, and the (M) should serve 63d Street Weekdays 6am to 11pm.

LOL, too bad that will NEVER happen, whether railiens like it or not.

How about this:

Railien 1: The (R) needs help in Queens on weekends.

Railien 2: You're right, I think the (F) should operate local in Queens on weekends.

1: Are you out of your mind? The (E) is shorter!

2: The (F) serves less people in Queens than the (E), so the (F) should go local.

1: The (E) is a shorter line.

2: The (F) operates through a useless 63rd Street connector.

Enter LRG.

Me: Why don't BOTH of you shut your traps? The (R) is fine by itself on weekends. Don't like it? Too effin' bad and deal with it!

Usually when two people railfan together conversation happens automatically (though that's pretty obvious). Almost always its about favorite subway cars, which subway cars are the best, worst, etc.

That exactly there is why I don't railfan.

If trains happen to be in the background when I'm catching up with a friend, that's fine. Trains and the latest goings on may even come up occasionally, or it can be whatever - personal stuff, jokes, talk about life/current events/etc. I'll take a ride. But I don't quote unquote "railfan" because I don't like know nothing blowhards talking out of their ass about nothing for several hours at a time and giving their opinions on things I didn't ask about nor care to hear.

Some rail fans are just plain weird for some reason. I don't know if all of them are like this but…

I was looking out the front view of an R160
(F)
from Coney Island to Avenue U. I turn towards the side window to look at something (which I don't remember right now) and some guy with long hair runs up to the window and puts his face on it grabbing the two handles on each side of the cab door with his hands in the process. His face is glued to it from Avenue U to 7 Avenue. So he basically "takes ownership" of the spot for the rest of my ride. I don't exactly get angry when this happens since I'd be happy as long as I'm not staring at the static ads; the changing scenery along the side windows is good enough of a distraction for me. But I did get irked at his behavior and how some rail fans like to eclipse the entire window with their bodies.

Ha I could see it now .....No <R>38's are the best ...No <R>40Slants are the best ,Then the Railfan pulls out A Skateboard and starts screaming down the platform lol Slants slants ,The police come ,Take the fugitive into Custidy in A

<R>44 then the Railfan goes nuts lol

:gasp: I wonder who would do such a thing!!! :(

Some rail fans are just plain weird for some reason. I don't know if all of them are like this but…

I was looking out the front view of an R160
(F)
from Coney Island to Avenue U. I turn towards the side window to look at something (which I don't remember right now) and some guy with long hair runs up to the window and puts his face on it grabbing the two handles on each side of the cab door with his hands in the process. His face is glued to it from Avenue U to 7 Avenue. So he basically "takes ownership" of the spot for the rest of my ride. I don't exactly get angry when this happens since I'd be happy as long as I'm not staring at the static ads; the changing scenery along the side windows is good enough of a distraction for me. But I did get irked at his behavior and how some rail fans like to eclipse the entire window with their bodies.

It gets crazy. Railiens take ownership of the railfan window thinking like they own it or the whole train and want to be looked at like a god or something. It's that serious to the extent that friendships can be ruined all due to a piece of glass!

It gets crazy. Railiens take ownership of the railfan window thinking like they own it or the whole train and want to be looked at like a god or something. It's that serious to the extent that friendships can be ruined all due to a piece of glass!

If one wants to be looked on "as a god" being king railien is NOT a good way to go about it...

That's like being the king of the retards. At the end of the day, still retarded.

I tend to avoid railiens. When I railfan with regular railfans, We barely even talk about trains when we railfan. It's more like hanging out with taking pics of trains. And about them railiens hogging the RFW, how bout trying to get a cute girls digits then getting mad that some foamer is hogging the window. There are important things than the RFW. IMO. Trains aren't that important.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived