Sad pictures of the R40.

Roadcruiser1

Here are some free pictures I found on the sad fate of the R40's. They aren't the same anymore. Also in one of the pictures is a R110A can anyone tell me when they are going to get reefed/scrapped. They have had been sitting there for almost forever. One more thing how many R40 cars have survived and is going to be placed in the NYC Transit Museum.

img_110795.jpg

img_109440.jpg

img_112588.jpg

img_112589.jpg

img_109583.jpg

Rumor has it that several cars are going to be scrapped in the next few months and this group may include the R110As. The school cars at Rock Paek could go too, WD really wants all classes to be tought in class rooms.

They Better Not, The Better save them cars.

Also in one of the pictures is a R110A can anyone tell me when they are going to get reefed/scrapped. They have had been sitting there for almost forever.

They can't. I'm sure it's been explained before, but the R130 and R131 contracts were purchased with Federal Grants or whatnot and therefore the (MTA) is prohibited from scrapping them...... I've made this suggestion before but since they can't scrap the 110A's, when they get the money (if ever), they should really consider rebuilding them for 42nd Street (S) service....

The R110s are no longer at Conconurse. Haven't u seen my photos before?

They are back at its home, 239th.

Here are some free pictures I found on the sad fate of the R40's. They aren't the same anymore. Also in one of the pictures is a R110A can anyone tell me when they are going to get reefed/scrapped. They have had been sitting there for almost forever. One more thing how many R40 cars have survived and is going to be placed in the NYC Transit Museum.

Archived