No N service from Queens Borough Plaza to Ditmaris.

INDman

Both. I know it's an issue with the train coming to a complete stop, I'm just wondering if it was possible for the operator to act faster.

It usually takes 3 seconds for a T/O to dump the train (place the brakes in emergency) because when you do see someone jump out in front, it can take a second or 2 to register. But once the train has been dumped, there is nothing more that can be done and a train moving at 20-30 MPH takes a while to stop. The you have people who jump or fall between cars...

We really need platform screen doors. People shouldn't commit suicide using our subway system or accidentally fall off and get shocked/injured/killed.

No we don't. They would not work on the B Div. because of the mixing of 60' and 75' cars. Plus, they cost way too much and there are more important things to spend money on.

We really need platform screen doors. People shouldn't commit suicide using our subway system or accidentally fall off and get shocked/injured/killed.

That won't do anything, people just need to stop using the subway system as their scapegoat for offing themselves.

So if the (N) terminated at Queensboro Plaza, then they must have made the (Q) terminate at 57 St/7 Av.

I kinda think (Q) must've terminated at Queensboro Plaza too on the different level, but it was on Midtown/57 St-7 like INDman told you that it happened on the midnight since I was off the internet and didn't see the service change.

Both. I know it's an issue with the train coming to a complete stop, I'm just wondering if it was possible for the operator to act faster.

It has nothing to do with the t/o. The t/o cant control someone who wants to off themself. Usually when a 12-9 happens the t/o has meer seconds to react to BIE the train. Untill you figure out a way to stop a train in one second I wouldnt say a word.

1 To blame the motorman for some fool wanting to kill themselves is idiotatic.... if they wanna kill themselves, so be it

2 It happened like 1130ish cause i was rolling into work when it started

3 The cops wrapped it up around exactly 2am, thats when they made the annoucement to CC to resume normal service

4 From what i heard the fool laid down on the tracks and let the train take his head off

5 like i said if someone wants to jump in front of a train thats thier problem....to blame the motorman is really dumb !

Archived