Cablevision, Fox dispute may affect baseball fans with a blackout.

Shortline Bus

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how anyone can like MSNBC. Olberman, Mathews, Maddow are all partisans the way Hannity and O'Reilly are. What happened to the middle ground?

Not to get too off topic. There nothing wrong with having hosts and analysts like MSNBC's Olberman, Mathews, Maddow or FNC's Hannity or O' Riley on the cable news channels IMO.

The problems is this though. MSNBC, FNC and now CNN has blurred the line of news confusing many viewers of the talk show host and 'objective' News Anchors/Reporters. Second for now at least 'in-the middle' fair and balanced Talk Show Host on National Cable News Channels would probably not get too ratings. Having strong partisans like a car wreck does get viewers. the American public are also partially at fault for wanting this entertainment in news.

Best place to get news/political info in our country is a variety of channels, websites and newspaper website. Another place for political news although boring at times is C-Span. Overall Concourse is right, the decline of hard news is caused by greedy Mega companies like Disney, News Corp(Rupert Murdock) CBS/Paramount/Viacom, Time Warner and now NBC/Comcast being the last '5' remaining National News Channels left. Thus entertainment in news and profits is more important than the biggest issues affecting America. That the reason why now have "Donald Duck vs Mickey Mouse' in our political campaigns.

And back to topic. If Yanks don't make the world series, expect the Cablevision/Fox Ch.5 and 29(Philly area) to continue as long as the end of the calendar year.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So bro (Princelex) where you live in the COOP City area are you allowed to dump cablevision and get either FIOS or Dish or Direct TV?

This is what makes this situation suck even more. You stuck with these companies especially if you live in NYC in an apartment.:mad:

I believe our area has the wiring to have FIOS come to our area but we haven't been told that we can up and get FIOS now, unless I missed seeing the message in our lobby lol. It would be an ordeal to have Dish or Direct TV here. My grandfather looked into having that along with Cablevision like we did when we lived in Fordham Hill but either we couldn't do it with Co-op City or it would involve a lot of work to get the dish up on the building.

It appears that this blackout will last for a while. I found this video on Youtube with an exclusive interview between FOX Television president Dennis Swanson and WFAN Mike Francesa. This interview took place during Mike Francesa daily radio show. Some of the issues were addressed were binding arbitration. Watch the entire interview.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZabLMonM0

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJS3K8dr60

It appears that this blackout will last for a while. I found this video on Youtube with an exclusive interview between FOX Television president Dennis Swanson and WFAN Mike Francesa. This interview took place during Mike Francesa daily radio show. Some of the issues were addressed were binding arbitration. Watch the entire interview.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZabLMonM0

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJS3K8dr60

Very sad indeed. The suckers are us the public and Not Billionaries The Dolans and Fox/News Corp: boss Mr. Murdock. :mad:

It's now a week since the dispute began. And now the world series is less than a week away and i am sure a major politican running for re-election will get involved to save the day.
It took 21 days for both HGTV and Food Network to come back after it went off the air earlier this year. Fox5 and My9 might take longer to come back for Cablevision customers...

Sorry Cablevision MLB fans. After some local NY/NJ politicans tried to get involved and also Cablevision willing to offer a 1-year contract, News Corp said "NO." Meaning couple of million viewers in the Northeast US will miss at least game #1 of the 2010 world series. Just was confirmed on WFAN's Mike Francesa show.

Now Dish Network in the nation's Southwest region including North Texas is a dispute with Fox and those viewers could miss games #5-7.

I know consersatives don't want to hear this but i think there is a need for regulation in this mess as this basically a semi-monopoly to watch Digital Cable or Salelite TV.:mad:

the dolans won't let me see the Knicks or the Rangers because Dish Network refuses to carry FUSE (which on a scale of worth puts Fox in orbit), so they refuse to let Dish run MSG network. They are doing the exact same things to other providers as Fox did to them.

That is so unfair man. Yet in the local NYC media that 'dispute/blackout' has gotten little news attention.:tdown:

Archived