X22 Super Express Proposed

Forest Glen

You know me from the internet?! Really Via Garibaldi 8? Think about what you just said.

Perhaps you don't understand what is occuring, so let me fill you in.

On December 1, Atlantic Express wrote a letter to its customers saying that it would be happy to keep running the AE7 for a city subsidy, but that people can use the X22, X23, or X24 if the route stops. On December 22 and 23, unsigned flyers purported written by a "fellow commuter" were placed on every seat on the AE7 slandering my company. I have a copy of the flyer and you can see whether commuters talk the way they do on this flyer. My lawyers drafted a C&D on Christmas Eve.

On Day 1, I had HALF the traffic I was expecting. HALF. It is really tough to run an operation that depends on 260 trips a day to break even with just 153 trips. I decided to shut this service down myself because the whole thing was getting too crazy to balance.

All of a sudden, Atlantic pops up again and says for $675,000, they can restart the AE7.

See a pattern?

When we replaced the X90 with charter bus service, the city ACTIVELY came after me. What did they offer the X90 customers? A TAXI STAND at York Avenue & 71 Street has now replaced a route that used to carry 620 passengers. Do you think that is adequate? The average time to catch a taxi during rush hour is 13 minutes. What did they replace the QM22 with? NOTHING.

The city used a person as an "observer" that had no training whatsoever in buses. My lawyers deposed him. He said himself that it was an "unusual" assignment.

Now, let me pose a question. Let's say that you were the New York City Department of Transportation and you had just sued us to stop us from providing bus service. Why would you then report our company's SUBCONTRACTOR to the New York State Department of Transportation? Why would the state then question that carrier when it isn't their operation? Why would the state come to a conclusion about what we were doing without speaking to us?

Still think everything is on the up and up with the city, right?

Some people think I do this because I believe that I am SO AWESOME. That's not the way it works. I would rather not tangle with bus companies that finance the mafia (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/01/24/2008-01-24_school_bus_owner_paid_mob_union_fbi.html), but these people feel that we are all bait. They are taking money that should be going to the MTA to help out "friends". The MTA will be forced to make more cuts soon and the only way that these cuts work is to force everyone on the remaining system. I rode a bus two days ago in Brooklyn that was sent out in horrible mechanical condition. These are things that were literally eliminated when I was younger. In other words, we are going back to the 1970s.

I don't want to see that. It took 20 years to recover from 1975. I want to be able to continue to have a large, useful transit system, but the politicization of its operation will continue until it breaks. This is why I am getting lots of resistance. They know that if I stick someplace, they are in trouble. It will show a model that is currently deemed "not possible", which is unsubsidized bus operation in NYC. The only reason it is not possible is because too many people would be cut out of the loop. There are many institutions built on the premise of subsidy and I am threatening their existence. NYC is the single largest transit market in the US and this market is perfectly capable of supporting a network of both subsidized and unsubsidized services.

On Staten Island, the federal government has been instrumental in protecting private carrier operations, so other tactics are used to undermine me. In Pennsylvania, actual vehicle damage is done to "unwanted" buses. These parties love to talk about service standards, but the reality is that these metrics come at a monumental cost that they raise through sources other than the farebox. A $7,000 MC9 can maintain the same commuter run schedule as a $550,000 D4505, but the D4505 operators look down their nose as you despite the fact that they are being funded through the Federal Transit Administration.

I am not going to be left alone until I knock down someone so large that the ground shakes when they fall. Then, I'll be left alone. However, that is no excuse for not trying. No one is going to hand me the money.

Some "bus fans" simply don't understand how things really work and it shows by the way they talk. You can't POSSIBLY KNOW anyone from the internet.

My point was that we weren't exactly friendly during our exchanges on other sites. Of course I don't "know" you personally, but anyone advocating to reduce services like you have by making remarks about trying to take down the S89 I don't take too kindly to. I understand you're in it deep with the MTA and all over that route, but the only pawns would be the passenger as usual if anything were to happen to the S89, which I doubt, but I never say never.

It's not a point of me not riding it or not, but that any cut at some point affects everyone on the Island in some form or another (i.e. more congestion or something), and aside from that with the crumbs that we get transportation wise in comparison to other boroughs, the thought of new service being taken away certainly irks me to say the least, especially when I think of how I've written to local reps. to push for improvements to service here on Staten Island.

Now I certainly agree with you that the city didn't do very much on some routes to compensate the loss of service, but on the other hand you're not new to this game from a management point of view. You know all of the games that go on so why sit here and act as if you were shocked when the city came after you? See that's my beef. I don't sit here and profess to know the ins and outs of running a bus company, nor do I need to or care to know. All I need is commonsense with some of these things. It seems as if you rolled out the service knowing that there would be some fallout with the city, had passengers start using the service which was then quickly killed off leaving them having to scramble to find other alternatives. Not cool at all in my book.

Regardless of whether we're talking about one industry or another, there are certain things that one should be able to forecast and you and I know that when you went in looking to take over those lines you would be facing an uphill battle from the city.

You at some point even admitted it on the news.

I have another question as well, and those who are bus experts or whatever they prefer to call themselves are welcome to throw back whatever I've said thus far as I'm cool with it... You say that on one of the routes you ran that you had half of the passengers that you were expecting. When a route is killed off, naturally passengers look for other alternatives and most folks knew the routes would be killed off months in advance so obviously they're not going to come running to you immediately. Seems like that's something you should've expected, assuming of course that you didn't make a big push to get the word out about your service replacing the eliminated ones.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until downstate agencies stop smoking crack, they will continue to have big issues.

Look at the amount of turf that is covered in NJ on $262M in subsidy. That is all NJT gets to operate 1,200 buses, lease another ~800 buses, as well as for commuter and light rail services. They can do this because they do not have asinine fare policy that allows people to travel from Valhalla to Far Rockaway for $2.25. That would cost at least triple that in NJ. I understand that zoned subway fares are illegal, but there is no need for such a long trip to be priced that way. The private sector would price sensibly and if they got too greedy, someone will come along and bop them on the head.

The question is: How many people actually make those long trips? For every commuter traveling from Far Rockaway to Wakefield, you probably have 5 or 6 making a short trip from the UES to Midtown.

My point was that we weren't exactly friendly during our exchanges on other sites. Of course I don't "know" you personally, but anyone advocating to reduce services like you have by making remarks about trying to take down the S89 I don't take too kindly to. I understand you're in it deep with the MTA and all over that route, but the only pawns would be the passenger as usual if anything were to happen to the S89, which I doubt, but I never say never.

I don't care if you don't "take kindly to it". When you have sunk $100K into a route, you get it stable, and then the MTA begins competing with it illegally, there is a PROBLEM. It is not legal for the MTA to do that under state and federal law. The feds made it illegal in the 1970s when they saw transit agencies pushing private companies under with public money. It has everything to do with who is there first. The FTA is funded by general fund revenue, so one less taxpayer is less money for everyone.

It's not a point of me not riding it or not, but that any cut at some point affects everyone on the Island in some form or another (i.e. more congestion or something), and aside from that with the crumbs that we get transportation wise in comparison to other boroughs, the thought of new service being taken away certainly irks me to say the least, especially when I think of how I've written to local reps. to push for improvements to service here on Staten Island.

This is the reason you get crumbs. The buses aren't going to where they are needed and the project doesn't work out. Buses are being sent to compete with other buses while schools and businesses have to run shuttles to Travis and the Teleport because the MTA isn't running there anymore. CSI is using federal money to compete with the S62 because the service is irregular. There is no bus service to the airport and recently, I experienced first hand why people don't like cabs on SI...they are staffed to the very minimum and they can't get them when they need them.

There are people that run every 2-4 years on the "SI gets shafted" platform who continue to ensure SI gets shafted. You shouldn't support their pet projects. Your general lack is how they get elected.

Now I certainly agree with you that the city didn't do very much on some routes to compensate the loss of service, but on the other hand you're not new to this game from a management point of view. You know all of the games that go on so why sit here and act as if you were shocked when the city came after you? See that's my beef. I don't sit here and profess to know the ins and outs of running a bus company, nor do I need to or care to know. All I need is commonsense with some of these things. It seems as if you rolled out the service knowing that there would be some fallout with the city, had passengers start using the service which was then quickly killed off leaving them having to scramble to find other alternatives. Not cool at all in my book.

Here's my beef. The city's actions are ILLEGAL. You cannot break the law because you don't like what someone is doing. It is fully legal under state law and continues to be fully legal under state law because the service isn't open to the general public. This is why it is called a charter bus service. Based on the city's argument, NYU's buses would be illegal. St. John's campus shuttles would be illegal. The CSI buses would be illegal. The Academy convention shuttles would be illegal. Columbia's shuttles would be illegal. We all use the same provision in state law. How can they be legal and we be illegal?

The city sent its first communication on June 25, three days before the start date. Am I going to stop a legal service because 55 Water Street doesn't understand state law? It is their responsibility to know the law before attempting to enforce it. If businesses have to have a contingency plan for the government breaking the law when they "own the cops", all commerce not backed by 12 gauge shotguns stops. You DON'T want to live in that world.

Regardless of whether we're talking about one industry or another, there are certain things that one should be able to forecast and you and I know that when you went in looking to take over those lines you would be facing an uphill battle from the city.

You at some point even admitted it on the news.

I stay within the law because there isn't much protection outside of it. If you can forecast the City of New York illegally going after a service they have no interest in providing, then you are better than me.

I have another question as well, and those who are bus experts or whatever they prefer to call themselves are welcome to throw back whatever I've said thus far as I'm cool with it... You say that on one of the routes you ran that you had half of the passengers that you were expecting. When a route is killed off, naturally passengers look for other alternatives and most folks knew the routes would be killed off months in advance so obviously they're not going to come running to you immediately. Seems like that's something you should've expected, assuming of course that you didn't make a big push to get the word out about your service replacing the eliminated ones.

I did and herein lies the issue. Most of the AE7 riders already knew what I was trying to do. Originally, this thread started because I prepared a schedule for them for X22 service to service this market. I prepared a private operation, but the initial effort was aimed at the MTA. I was aware that the business case would be tough, but I was able to get buses that could support this business case.

When I transitioned the 144, I kept everyone on the 144 that was originally there. In fact, I grew ridership from 360 up to over 500 trips a day in just two months. The alternatives for the AE7 take 20+ minutes longer, so I expected to have 80% of the 350 trips they were carrying. That did not happen. The flyers on the AE7 just a week before did not help. Of course, the author attached an article from our fight with the city to "back up" their slander. This is why illegal actions by the city MATTER.

My expectations are simple: everyone plays by the rules. Since someone decided to play dirty with the X21, no subsidy will go to Atlantic Express to restart the AE7. NONE. In fact, it may be decided that the MTA should have the $12M that goes now to the X23 & X24 and I hope to make sure that the MTA gets it. After all, I don't have voodoo dolls with the MTA logo on it. The MTA was supposed to have four routes on the South Shore and I view this as unfinished business.

The question is: How many people actually make those long trips? For every commuter traveling from Far Rockaway to Wakefield, you probably have 5 or 6 making a short trip from the UES to Midtown.

That's true, but systemwide, the fares are too low. The MTA's CEO says another fare hike of 15% is needed to cover future debt service increases ALONE. Never mind increasing expenses that are happening now. Never mind local matches for federal capital dollars. Tunnels and elevated structures and signal systems don't last forever. How do we pay for them?

Other people's money never lasts forever.

I don't care if you don't "take kindly to it". When you have sunk $100K into a route, you get it stable, and then the MTA begins competing with it illegally, there is a PROBLEM. It is not legal for the MTA to do that under state and federal law. The feds made it illegal in the 1970s when they saw transit agencies pushing private companies under with public money. It has everything to do with who is there first. The FTA is funded by general fund revenue, so one less taxpayer is less money for everyone.

This is the reason you get crumbs. The buses aren't going to where they are needed and the project doesn't work out. Buses are being sent to compete with other buses while schools and businesses have to run shuttles to Travis and the Teleport because the MTA isn't running there anymore. CSI is using federal money to compete with the S62 because the service is irregular. There is no bus service to the airport and recently, I experienced first hand why people don't like cabs on SI...they are staffed to the very minimum and they can't get them when they need them.

There are people that run every 2-4 years on the "SI gets shafted" platform who continue to ensure SI gets shafted. You shouldn't support their pet projects. Your general lack is how they get elected.

Here's my beef. The city's actions are ILLEGAL. You cannot break the law because you don't like what someone is doing. It is fully legal under state law and continues to be fully legal under state law because the service isn't open to the general public. This is why it is called a charter bus service. Based on the city's argument, NYU's buses would be illegal. St. John's campus shuttles would be illegal. The CSI buses would be illegal. The Academy convention shuttles would be illegal. Columbia's shuttles would be illegal. We all use the same provision in state law. How can they be legal and we be illegal?

The city sent its first communication on June 25, three days before the start date. Am I going to stop a legal service because 55 Water Street doesn't understand state law? It is their responsibility to know the law before attempting to enforce it. If businesses have to have a contingency plan for the government breaking the law when they "own the cops", all commerce not backed by 12 gauge shotguns stops. You DON'T want to live in that world.

I stay within the law because there isn't much protection outside of it. If you can forecast the City of New York illegally going after a service they have no interest in providing, then you are better than me.

I did and herein lies the issue. Most of the AE7 riders already knew what I was trying to do. Originally, this thread started because I prepared a schedule for them for X22 service to service this market. I prepared a private operation, but the initial effort was aimed at the MTA. I was aware that the business case would be tough, but I was able to get buses that could support this business case.

When I transitioned the 144, I kept everyone on the 144 that was originally there. In fact, I grew ridership from 360 up to over 500 trips a day in just two months. The alternatives for the AE7 take 20+ minutes longer, so I expected to have 80% of the 350 trips they were carrying. That did not happen. The flyers on the AE7 just a week before did not help. Of course, the author attached an article from our fight with the city to "back up" their slander. This is why illegal actions by the city MATTER.

My expectations are simple: everyone plays by the rules. Since someone decided to play dirty with the X21, no subsidy will go to Atlantic Express to restart the AE7. NONE. In fact, it may be decided that the MTA should have the $12M that goes now to the X23 & X24 and I hope to make sure that the MTA gets it. After all, I don't have voodoo dolls with the MTA logo on it. The MTA was supposed to have four routes on the South Shore and I view this as unfinished business.

Won't get you too far. I could've told you that even though I'm not a transit wiz, but I am a regular express bus passenger. Those fliers usually end up on the floor no matter who puts them out on the chairs. Your best bet probably would've been to have tried to go to transit hubs where a big amount of riders ride get on and hand them the fliers personally in addition to putting them on the buses. It's not an easy sell either way nonetheless. Most Staten Islanders who use the express bus have at least 3 or 4 ways mapped out in their head as backup plans, so they may have just felt that using alternatives already in place were easier than your plan.

As far as the MTA goes and representation, I disagree with you on that to a degree. Vito Fossella was very instrumental in improving express bus service on Staten Island and guys like Mike McMahon we got rid of last election in favour of Michael Grimm. I made sure I went to polls to see McMahon voted out personally, as he has done little to nothing to improve transportation on Staten Island overall. His incessant boasting about the three "new" ferry boats that constantly break down is a perfect example of the lala land that he is in.

To further elaborate on the issue, the real problem has been that we lack representation overall compared to the other boroughs in terms of political clout and the MTA's attitude towards Staten Island has generally been one of contempt. The anemic service has demostrated this time and time again. Our population size makes them think that we're not in need of transportation services like the other boroughs. Our car centric mentality and the lack of space at Castleton and Yukon Depot until recently didn't help matters either.

However, in spite of all of this I think some progress has been made on Staten Island and we'll just have to wait and see what Michael Grimm does as well as Jay Walder's plans for Staten Island. Service has improved of late since the original kinks and depot swaps and such.

At some point you have to realize that you're up against a losing cause and try another method, whatever that may be, since it seems like you're not having much luck with the city or the MTA, which doesn't surprise me since both of them do as they please for the most part anyway. I just hope that whatever your plans are in the future that you don't put passengers at risk again and leave them potentially stranded.

Won't get you too far. I could've told you that even though I'm not a transit wiz, but I am a regular express bus passenger. Those fliers usually end up on the floor no matter who puts them out on the chairs. Your best bet probably would've been to have tried to go to transit hubs where a big amount of riders ride get on and hand them the fliers personally in addition to putting them on the buses. It's not an easy sell either way nonetheless. Most Staten Islanders who use the express bus have at least 3 or 4 ways mapped out in their head as backup plans, so they may have just felt that using alternatives already in place were easier than your plan.

The negative flyers on the AE7 didn't help. I started contacting AE7 riders in mid-November...in person.

As far as the MTA goes and representation, I disagree with you on that to a degree. Vito Fossella was very instrumental in improving express bus service on Staten Island and guys like Mike McMahon we got rid of last election in favour of Michael Grimm. I made sure I went to polls to see McMahon voted out personally, as he has done little to nothing to improve transportation on Staten Island overall. His incessant boasting about the three "new" ferry boats that constantly break down is a perfect example of the lala land that he is in.

It wasn't just McMahon. Nobody is bringing home anything of substance for Staten Island. They keep talking about steak (North Shore rail), but they don't even have hamburger. The MTA was ready to take over the X23 and X24, but several politicians tried to transfer the routes without the subsidy. In other words, they screwed up the transfer. Why would they do that?

To further elaborate on the issue, the real problem has been that we lack representation overall compared to the other boroughs in terms of political clout and the MTA's attitude towards Staten Island has generally been one of contempt. The anemic service has demostrated this time and time again. Our population size makes them think that we're not in need of transportation services like the other boroughs. Our car centric mentality and the lack of space at Castleton and Yukon Depot until recently didn't help matters either.

However, in spite of all of this I think some progress has been made on Staten Island and we'll just have to wait and see what Michael Grimm does as well as Jay Walder's plans for Staten Island. Service has improved of late since the original kinks and depot swaps and such.

Population size has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the priorities present (or lack thereof). There are people who only want certain types of other people on SI. This is why local service is rationed and a direct subway to Manhattan will never happen.

At some point you have to realize that you're up against a losing cause and try another method, whatever that may be, since it seems like you're not having much luck with the city or the MTA, which doesn't surprise me since both of them do as they please for the most part anyway. I just hope that whatever your plans are in the future that you don't put passengers at risk again and leave them potentially stranded.

Absolutely wrong.

I am not breaking the law. Nor am I illegally undermining other people. Your blame is misplaced. The people who think that the status quo is ok are the ones undermining you. The folks asking for a North Shore railroad while the bus system starves are putting you at risk. The Feds have begun complaining about cities that are destroying their bus systems to prop up ridership on the light rail systems. Those are the people that are putting you at risk. They spend lots of public money studying things that won't happen. $50,000 here, $100,000 there, $3.5M for a North Shore railroad study. $3.5M buys a LOT of bus service.

There are many people like you that view the way government behaves with their friends as a "fact of life" and then chide me for what I am trying to do. You have it backwards. No one is going to announce that they don't have the money to run your bus lines. They just won't show up. Have you been following what has been happening with some of the SI expresses? There is virtually no extra board now, so the buses just go missing. Is that a risk to passengers?

When these powerful interests mess with my business, they show themselves for who they really are. That makes them vulnerable. I can't hurt them per se, but they can hurt themselves and they are. Most of these customers are not stupid and they see what is happening. As a result of what happened this month, it is very likely that the MTA picks up everything in an expedited fashion and that no more private bus service will receive subsidies. That will benefit everyone because in the end, tax money shouldn't be doled out to just "friends".

The negative flyers on the AE7 didn't help. I started contacting AE7 riders in mid-November...in person.

It wasn't just McMahon. Nobody is bringing home anything of substance for Staten Island. They keep talking about steak (North Shore rail), but they don't even have hamburger. The MTA was ready to take over the X23 and X24, but several politicians tried to transfer the routes without the subsidy. In other words, they screwed up the transfer. Why would they do that?

Population size has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the priorities present (or lack thereof). There are people who only want certain types of other people on SI. This is why local service is rationed and a direct subway to Manhattan will never happen.

Absolutely wrong.

I am not breaking the law. Nor am I illegally undermining other people. Your blame is misplaced. The people who think that the status quo is ok are the ones undermining you. The folks asking for a North Shore railroad while the bus system starves are putting you at risk. The Feds have begun complaining about cities that are destroying their bus systems to prop up ridership on the light rail systems. Those are the people that are putting you at risk. They spend lots of public money studying things that won't happen. $50,000 here, $100,000 there, $3.5M for a North Shore railroad study. $3.5M buys a LOT of bus service.

There are many people like you that view the way government behaves with their friends as a "fact of life" and then chide me for what I am trying to do. You have it backwards. No one is going to announce that they don't have the money to run your bus lines. They just won't show up. Have you been following what has been happening with some of the SI expresses? There is virtually no extra board now, so the buses just go missing. Is that a risk to passengers?

When these powerful interests mess with my business, they show themselves for who they really are. That makes them vulnerable. I can't hurt them per se, but they can hurt themselves and they are. Most of these customers are not stupid and they see what is happening. As a result of what happened this month, it is very likely that the MTA picks up everything in an expedited fashion and that no more private bus service will receive subsidies. That will benefit everyone because in the end, tax money shouldn't be doled out to just "friends".

Population certain plays a part in it from an MTA perspective and if you don't think so then you're clearly smoking something.

As far as representatives go, guys like Vinny Ignizio are representing us pretty well in terms of what we don't want here. We like it the way it is now, quiet, and nice for the most part. The majority of us don't want a subway here and we don't the riff raff either. All we need is more express bus service, expanded limited stop service for the local lines and at the right price, perhaps a light rail, so long as it doesn't bring any riff raff.

That was the problem w/McMahon and why he had to go... He lost touch what who we has representing and w/Grimm in office hopefully he'll get things back on track.

As far as bus service goes, I don't know about that. During the switch there were kinks, but the express buses have been just fine of late. Maybe you should check your sources since I know you don't come out to Staten Island that often.

Regarding your stance, that's fine, suite yourself. You've been crying about the S89 for how many years now? I think that tells the story right there.

That's true, but systemwide, the fares are too low. The MTA's CEO says another fare hike of 15% is needed to cover future debt service increases ALONE. Never mind increasing expenses that are happening now. Never mind local matches for federal capital dollars. Tunnels and elevated structures and signal systems don't last forever. How do we pay for them?

Other people's money never lasts forever.

You have to consider that the MTA has the highest farebox recovery ratio of virtually all public transit operators in the nation. The problem is that the city and state governments don't feel that funding transit is a priority.

For example, if you go to Miami, you'll find that you're allowed to travel halfway across the county for $2.00. Of course, the services are nowhere near as frequent as ours, but the ridership is nowhere near as high as ours either.

There was an article on silive.com that said that people were complaining about having to take overcrowded buses from Arthur Kill Road/Huguenot Avenue, and that they were having trouble finding parking. Sure, they were backup plans, but I'm sure that after 1 or 2 days of trying the alternate route (driving to the X22/X23/X24), they would've preferred to have their direct service from the park-and-ride.

And with the population size, you have to consider that, the more people live around a bus line, the more people will ride it, and the better the bus service will be. Staten Island is the least dense and therefore, most car-centric borough of NYC.

Imagine that you come on here trolling.

If you were seriously concerned about getting your money back, you wouldn't have done so in an open forum....

He'll see this post (spare me the "I don't care's")....

Wonder what your chances would be then, for a refund now... and that's just taking your post here on face-value....

Trolling? I made a serious truthful comment. You replied like a jack*ss to something that has nothing to do with you. It seems to me that you fit the definition of a troll better than I do.

Also, if you don't think I've attempted to resolve this privately than you are mistaken (and can't read - no shock). I don't expect to get my money back, I gave up hopes of that when he stopped responding to e-mails, disconnected the number to his business, and wouldn't respond to PMs. But hey, feel free to do business with him and if given the chance, pay up front, Jerk.

Trolling? I made a serious truthful comment. You replied like a jack*ss to something that has nothing to do with you. It seems to me that you fit the definition of a troll better than I do.

Also, if you don't think I've attempted to resolve this privately than you are mistaken (and can't read - no shock). I don't expect to get my money back, I gave up hopes of that when he stopped responding to e-mails, disconnected the number to his business, and wouldn't respond to PMs. But hey, feel free to do business with him and if given the chance, pay up front, Jerk.

I reply to what I can & want to, on a public forum.

Tell me something though, Who's fault is it that you were dumb enough for giving him your money in the first place?

Boo hoo motherf**ker... Do some research next time....

Anyway, You knew exactly what you were trying to do when you posted the shit.... you came on the board just for the specific purpose of portraying how shady the guy is... that's on some trolling shit... keep your private business private....

I reply to what I can & want to, on a public forum.

Tell me something though, Who's fault is it that you were dumb enough for giving him your money in the first place?

Boo hoo motherf**ker... Do some research next time....

Anyway, You knew exactly what you were trying to do when you posted the shit.... you came on the board just for the specific purpose of portraying how shady the guy is... that's on some trolling shit... keep your private business private....

Ok, tough guy. Practice those first amendment rights.

Yup, you're definitely the troll. Just an *sshole looking for a fight. Actually, I didn't come here to out him publicly. I tried to handle this privately and I went above and beyond in that effort. He is avoiding the situation. You don't see him responding to this do you? Of course not, the thief would rather ignore it and keep the money he collected. It would be trolling if I exaggerated or lied about what happened. All I did was state fact.

I guess along with being a genius you can tell the future and have never in your life done business with a company or person and then realized they weren't on the up and up. Good for you, but you're still a d*uchebag.

Yup, you're definitely the troll. Just an *sshole looking for a fight. Actually, I didn't come here to out him publicly. I tried to handle this privately and I went above and beyond in that effort. He is avoiding the situation. You don't see him responding to this do you? Of course not, the thief would rather ignore it and keep the money he collected. It would be trolling if I exaggerated or lied about what happened. All I did was state fact.

I guess along with being a genius you can tell the future and have never in your life done business with a company or person and then realized they weren't on the up and up. Good for you, but you're still a d*uchebag.

Call me what you want.... but you're still a troll out of a few bucks.... lol...

Far as telling the future goes, I figured out your intentions hook, line, and sinker.... 1 for 1 so far...

just look at your reaction to my posts - all from someone that had nothin to do with the situation, remember...

As for Joel, I have no bearing on his actions....

stop explaining yourself to me... IDGAF about rectifying your situation....

All in all though, Thanks for further proving my point.... The more you reply, the more you continue to do so....

..but keep letting those frustrations out if you want !

Call me what you want.... but you're still a troll out of a few bucks.... lol...

Far as telling the future goes, I figured out your intentions hook, line, and sinker.... 1 for 1 so far...

just look at your reaction to my posts - all from someone that had nothin to do with the situation, remember...

As for Joel, I have no bearing on his actions....

stop explaining yourself to me... IDGAF about rectifying your situation....

All in all though, Thanks for further proving my point.... The more you reply, the more you continue to do so....

..but keep letting those frustrations out if you want !

Blah blah blah, glad you took the high road and didn't attempt to get the last word. So much for not being a troll, eh?

Actually, if you have any comprehension skills it is exactly the opposite. I'm happy you can read, upset that you can't comprehend. I guess we can just chalk it up to another individual failed by NYC public schools.

Like you think you know about my education status....

I went to a charter high school just for the record my comprehension and reading skills are quite impeccable...

Unfortunately school can't teach you how to better your attitude as well as your parents, looks like your parents were absent for the majority of the life....

As far as bus service goes, I don't know about that. During the switch there were kinks, but the express buses have been just fine of late. Maybe you should check your sources since I know you don't come out to Staten Island that often.

Regarding your stance, that's fine, suite yourself. You've been crying about the S89 for how many years now? I think that tells the story right there.

Interesting. You do realize that for someone who doesnt know much about transit operations, you sure have some strong opinions! After reading all of your posts, it is quite obviously thats I was right when I first addressed you about this thread. Hmmm.

He is right to a certain extent man. You came right on, and made your first post about being scammed. It wasn't the fact that you did it, rather than how you went about addressing him.

And Azumah addressed you indirectly, saying you would get a full refund. You have to skim through his posts and you will see it.

You also say you sent him a PM as I suggested? From where, and when? I can't find any record of you doing it from this forum........

I went to a charter high school just for the record my comprehension and reading skills are quite impeccable...

Unfortunately school can't teach you how to better your attitude as well as your parents, looks like your parents were absent for the majority of the life....

That was easy! I guess there is a troll in all of us.

The fact of the matter is I didn't say anything about myself taking the high road. I'd explain further but I don't care what you think.

I came here trying to track that bum Azumah down. I did that so no need to keep arguing with a site full of people who have nothing better to do than blog about city transportation.

[image removed by East New York]

That was easy! I guess there is a troll in all of us.

The fact of the matter is I didn't say anything about myself taking the high road. I'd explain further but I don't care what you think.

I came here trying to track that bum Azumah down. I did that so no need to keep arguing with a site full of people who have nothing better to do than blog about city transportation.

[image removed by East New York]

1. You can cut out the name calling, and the insult about people who have nothing better to do was unnecessary.

2. That image you posted was totally out of line!

2. Can you answer my question from above?

Blah blah blah

describes your existence on this forum...

you're not gonna bait me into a flame war, chief....

Don't prove yourself to this guy, he doesn't care....

Don't stoop to his level - he's simply lookin for a place to vent...

a reason why many of us left straps....

If you were on the e-mail list, you received instructions on what to do. If you were not on the list. you can kindly send me your name, address, type of ticket, and the number of trips you have remaining. I like to put everyone on a list so I can account for them when I send out refunds. My e-mail address is jazumah@transportazumah.com. I normally wait 2-3 weeks when I have had to do mass refunds to get everyone to respond.

If I don't receive an e-mail from you, I cannot send you a refund. If your purpose is to try and embarass me, understand that just costs me more money and slows everything down further. Since I am starting to send refunds next week, you ought to send that e-mail today. Thanks!

Interesting. You do realize that for someone who doesnt know much about transit operations, you sure have some strong opinions! After reading all of your posts, it is quite obviously thats I was right when I first addressed you about this thread. Hmmm.

He is right to a certain extent man. You came right on, and made your first post about being scammed. It wasn't the fact that you did it, rather than how you went about addressing him.

And Azumah addressed you indirectly, saying you would get a full refund. You have to skim through his posts and you will see it.

You also say you sent him a PM as I suggested? From where, and when? I can't find any record of you doing it from this forum........

That makes two of us. Why do I get the feeling that this is part of the show?

Yes, like I said, I'm blunt and to the point and I stand by what I said... What exactly are you right about? Again I haven't made any accusations about Jazumah. These are things that have happened.

Archived