X22 Super Express Proposed

Forest Glen

You have to consider that the MTA has the highest farebox recovery ratio of virtually all public transit operators in the nation. The problem is that the city and state governments don't feel that funding transit is a priority.

For example, if you go to Miami, you'll find that you're allowed to travel halfway across the county for $2.00. Of course, the services are nowhere near as frequent as ours, but the ridership is nowhere near as high as ours either.

There was an article on silive.com that said that people were complaining about having to take overcrowded buses from Arthur Kill Road/Huguenot Avenue, and that they were having trouble finding parking. Sure, they were backup plans, but I'm sure that after 1 or 2 days of trying the alternate route (driving to the X22/X23/X24), they would've preferred to have their direct service from the park-and-ride.

And with the population size, you have to consider that, the more people live around a bus line, the more people will ride it, and the better the bus service will be. Staten Island is the least dense and therefore, most car-centric borough of NYC.

The X23 and X24 have been problematic way before riders started switching to those lines as alternatives. The problems have been MIA express buses from Atlantic and bunching... Take those two factors into play and overcrowding is almost a given.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting. You do realize that for someone who doesnt know much about transit operations, you sure have some strong opinions! After reading all of your posts, it is quite obviously thats I was right when I first addressed you about this thread. Hmmm.

Yes, like I said, I'm blunt and to the point and I stand by what I said... What exactly are you right about? Again I haven't made any accusations about Jazumah. These are things that have happened.

Your posts are full of accusations. You're telling him what he should have known, and should have done. If you dont know what the definition of the verb accuse is, then you may want to look it up. Your posts are riddled with accusations and insinuations.

Do you ever take blame for anything? Every line that you've run and that has had problems is everyone's fault but yours right? The city, the MTA nor the DOT forced you to try to take up those eliminated routes. You made that decision on your own and you were well aware of the possible outcomes when you took over those lines as I said before.

I'm not saying that you weren't up against it, but it's not like you didn't know what you were getting into. That's my point.

Your posts are full of accusations. You're telling him what he should have known, and should have done. If you dont know what the definition of the verb accuse is, then you may want to look it up. Your posts are riddled with accusations and insinuations.

I'm sorry but he's the one who has claimed repeatedly that the MTA and the city amongst others were out to get him and he's using that as the reason for his failures. You have also claimed the city is "hating on him"...

The people that he left stranded repeatedly have every right to be frustrated, skeptical and critical of the services that he provides. People depended on his services to get to work, to school and wherever else they needed to go and the fact of the matter is he failed to provide those services repeatedly. That is no accusation at all but a fact, but as usual he'll pass the buck on anyone but himself. The point is he knew what he is up against and took a gamble, but he refuses to admit that any of it is his fault.

Everytime that his services fail its someone else's fault... Always.

Do you ever take blame for anything? Every line that you've run and that has had problems is everyone's fault but yours right? The city, the MTA nor the DOT forced you to try to take up those eliminated routes. You made that decision on your own and you were well aware of the possible outcomes when you took over those lines as I said before.

I'm not saying that you weren't up against it, but it's not like you didn't know what you were getting into. That's my point.

I fully understand your point, but you fail to see mine. So here is a wonderful example. The bolded part of your post. That is an insinuation, a well as an accusation! How on earth do you know that he was fully aware of anything?:confused:

Remind you I know a thing or two about this industry from every viewpoint there is. There is something here you seem to not be comprehending. I'm not trying to be an ******* at all either. But in a way, from your line of interrogating questions, it seems that you are. Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from now. But hey, thats just my ¢.02.

Yes I have said on more than one occasion that the city is hating on him. It's blatantly obvious!

I fully understand your point, but you fail to see mine. So here is a wonderful example. The bolded part of your post. That is an insinuation, a well as an accusation! How on earth do you know that he was fully aware of anything?:confused:

Remind you I know a thing or two about this industry from every viewpoint there is. There is something here you seem to not be comprehending. I'm not trying to be an ******* at all either. But in a way, from your line of interrogating questions, it seems that you are. Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from now. But hey, thats just my ¢.02.

Yes I have said on more than one occasion that the city is hating on him. It's blatantly obvious!

Let me explain... He went on another site prior to the MTA eliminating those routes and essentially claimed war on the city in that he was going to bring his services in on those lines regardless of the outcome and that he was ready for a battle. This is why I say I get annoyed when he acts as if he was he was ignorant to the consequences. He was well aware of what he was doing and what the possible outcome could be.

Doesn't matter what industry you're in. When you wage a war against the city, you can expect them to come back at you and that was my point.

He has also went on other sites claiming war against the MTA as well for their "illegal route" and running of the S89 as he puts it. In sum, the guy went looking for a fight and he got beat.

Let me explain... He went on another site prior to the MTA eliminating those routes and essentially claimed war on the city in that he was going to bring his services in on those lines regardless of the outcome and that he was ready for a battle. This is why I say I get annoyed when he acts as if he was he was ignorant to the consequences. He was well aware of what he was doing and what the possible outcome could be.

Doesn't matter what industry you're in. When you wage a war against the city, you can expect them to come back at you and that was my point.

He has also went on other sites claiming war against the MTA as well for their "illegal route" and running of the S89 as he puts it. In sum, the guy went looking for a fight and he got beat.

Ok, now I finally see what you are talking about. But still there is an issue. You are comparing the sitation with the x90/Qm22 post-cut issue, which is totally different from the x21 issue. Many people knew what he was up against with that situation. So that should not have been a shock to anyone when the city shut him down. That right there is a perfect example of exactly how the city hated on him. But that is totally irrelivant, and has absolutely nothing to do with the x21 situation, which played out a totally different way! There was no way for anyone to know the x21 plan would fail. That was basically a winning plan that was sabbatoged, for lack of a better word.

The more you type, the more I realize that you really dont know what is going on.

Ok, now I finally see what you are talking about. But still there is an issue. You are comparing the sitation with the x90/Qm22 post-cut issue, which is totally different from the x21 issue. Many people knew what he was up against with that situation. So that should not have been a shock to anyone when the city shut him down. That right there is a perfect example of exactly how the city hated on him. But that is totally irrelivant, and has absolutely nothing to do with the x21 situation, which played out a totally different way! There was no way for anyone to know the x21 plan would fail. That was basically a winning plan that was sabbatoged, for lack of a better word.

The more you type, the more I realize that you really dont know what is going on.

However, my point has been from the beginning that time and time again for whatever reason, the service that he's provided has ceased for some reason or another and in every case it's never his fault and my question was why should any of the passengers have faith that any service he starts up won't fail? You're right in that the X21 is a different situation and I never specifically mentioned the X21 in my example about him being shutdown.

I know all of us passengers are clueless, or better yet it's just me.

And to CaitSith, feelings are mutual... You don't like me and I don't like you, and I'm fine with that.

However, my point has been from the beginning that time and time again for whatever reason, the service that he's provided has ceased for some reason or another and in every case it's never his fault and my question was why should any of the passengers have faith that any service he starts up won't fail? You're right in that the X21 is a different situation and I never specifically mentioned the X21 in my example about him being shutdown.

And to CaitSith, feelings are mutual... You don't like me and I don't like you, and I'm fine with that.

I havent even said a damn thing in this topic and you're throwing my name up into the wind because I was thanking someone? I'm only thanking him because I agree with him.

You say "time and time again," yet that is not accurate. You make it seem as if he has done this repeatedly, putting passengers at risk, when that is not the case at all. I'm pretty sure many people knew what was going on, and there was a possibility the city would object to his service after last year's service cuts. Then you say you never "specifically" mentioned the x21, yet that's what the conversation was about when this topic started, and you made your original comment.

I would possibly be skeptical of his service as well if I didn't know some of the details. So however that may be, I guess my question at this point would be what does it matter you you? It's quite obvious that you are going to maintain a negative perception of him and his service.

BTW, there is no need to bring someone else into this conversation just because they thanked me in a post.

You say "time and time again," yet that is not accurate. You make it seem as if he has done this repeatedly, putting passengers at risk, when that is not the case at all. I'm pretty sure many people knew what was going on, and there was a possibility the city would object to his service after last year's service cuts. Then you say you never "specifically" mentioned the x21, yet that's what the conversation was about when this topic started, and you made your original comment.

I would possibly be skeptical of his service as well if I didn't know some of the details. So however that may be, I guess my question at this point would be what does it matter you you? It's quite obvious that you are going to maintain a negative perception of him and his service.

BTW, there is no need to bring someone else into this conversation just because they thanked me in a post.

The original thread was about the X22 and then it deviated to being about the X21, so I thought I had some lead way to deviate as well...

It's funny that you admit that everyone knew that he would get shut down trying to take over the eliminated routes. In the process what he did was use the passengers as pawns. In other instances he's had to cease the service abruptly as well, leaving passengers stranded, so yeah he's certainly put passengers at risk on several occasions for whatever reason.

As far as what it matters to me... I think the guy has a lot of nerve telling us about our transit and we need and don't need when he doesn't live here. I don't care what knowledge he has of transit operations. It's us that commute to and from Staten Island everyday, not him, with his once in a blue moon "excursions". Anyone that makes a point to go after service that we've worked hard to obtain I have a problem with. I've done my fair share of advocating for improving services for us Staten Islanders as a whole not just for myself to our local representatives and to the MTA and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and let him try to destroy that. He's caused enough trouble for us as it is with his botched efforts. That's why the other guy came on here and made a scene and I don't blame him.

As far as Cait Sith goes, I think he has a bone to pick with me and if he does then I'm just putting it out there that I won't take anything from him either, as he's made comments previously.

As far as Cait Sith goes, I think he has a bone to pick with me and if he does then I'm just putting it out there that I won't take anything from him either, as he's made comments previously.

So instead of me not saying anything in this thread, you actually want me to say something? Is this your way of trying to divert yourself away from the topic/discussion at hand? I don't think that's a smart idea anyway you & I see it. And I dont have a bone to pick with you, you just say stupid shit at times.....

So instead of me not saying anything in this thread, you actually want me to say something? Is this your way of trying to divert yourself away from the topic/discussion at hand? I don't think that's a smart idea anyway you & I see it. And I dont have a bone to pick with you, you just say stupid shit at times.....

Not at all... You've just been picking away that's all. Quite frankly I don't care what you think of my comments since I don't recall having to run anything that I say by you for approval.

In any event I've said what I had to say about the whole saga.

The original thread was about the X22 and then it deviated to being about the X21, so I thought I had some lead way to deviate as well...

It's funny that you admit that everyone knew that he would get shut down trying to take over the eliminated routes. In the process what he did was use the passengers as pawns. In other instances he's had to cease the service abruptly as well, leaving passengers stranded, so yeah he's certainly put passengers at risk on several occasions for whatever reason.

As far as what it matters to me... I think the guy has a lot of nerve telling us about our transit and we need and don't need when he doesn't live here. I don't care what knowledge he has of transit operations. It's us that commute to and from Staten Island everyday, not him, with his once in a blue moon "excursions". Anyone that makes a point to go after service that we've worked hard to obtain I have a problem with. I've done my fair share of advocating for improving services for us Staten Islanders as a whole not just for myself to our local representatives and to the MTA and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and let him try to destroy that. He's caused enough trouble for us as it is with his botched efforts. That's why the other guy came on here and made a scene and I don't blame him.

For the first bolded part of your post, I never said that at all. I said it was a possibility that he would be shut down, and some people new that.

For the second part.... Roflmao! Ok, I get it now. You just want to play Captain Save a Hoe!

"He's caused enough trouble for us." How is that? IIRC, the only SI "issue" that comes to mind is the x21. Am I missing something here Cap?

Archived