Service Alert: Manhattan Bridge Issues and Power Outage at Fort Ham Pkwy

NX Express

Due to a power outage at the Fort Hamilton Parkway Station, (N) train service running on the (D) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the 36th Street Station in Brooklyn.

In addition, due to signal trouble on the Manhattan Bridge:

Select uptown (D) trains are running on the (F) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Broadway-Lafayette Street Station.

Select uptown (N) trains are running on the (Q) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Select (N) and (Q) trains are running on the (R) line in both directions between the Dekalb Avenue Station and the Canal Street Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (D), (F), (N), (Q) and (R) trains at this time.

That means that all the Manhattan and Brooklyn bound (D) trains are running on the (F) line via Rutgers Street Tunnel like it did pre-Chrystie Street Connection and the (N), and (Q) are using the Montague Street Tunnel which the (N) used to get to Brooklyn during the Manhattan Bridge shutdown. That would also mean Coney Island bound (N) trains are using the West End Elevated to get to Coney Island. Also Manhattan bound (N) trains are using the Brighton Line. That's one big headache. Hopefully it would clear up by tomorrow. Though that would mean that no trains are serving the Grand Street Station.

Another signal problems:

Due to signal problems at the Woodlawn Station, uptown (4) train service is terminating at the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

As an alternate customers are advised to take the Bx16 and Bx28 bus.

Please expect delays in (4) train service at this time.

This should be because of the Bad Weather today. There is a big rain before that might cause those problems

That means that all the Manhattan and Brooklyn bound (D) trains are running on the (F) line via Rutgers Street Tunnel like it did pre-Chrystie Street Connection and the (N), and (Q) are using the Montague Street Tunnel which the (N) used to get to Brooklyn during the Manhattan Bridge shutdown. That would also mean Coney Island bound (N) trains are using the West End Elevated to get to Coney Island. Also Manhattan bound (N) trains are using the Brighton Line. That's one big headache. Hopefully it would clear up by tomorrow. Though that would mean that no trains are serving the Grand Street Station.

Key words:

"Select uptown".

That means only some trains are rerouted.

There was a black out in Dyker Heights, lasted 2 hours and shut down the Sea Beach in the Ft Ham Pkwy vincinity, I was on an (N) at around 8:30, got stuck btwn New Utrecht and Ft Ham for an hour and a half! It was torcher, but to make it worse, when the power came back up I saw an R46 (R) in service on the Sea Beach leaving Ft Ham! Unfortunatley I missed it :confused:

There was a black out in Dyker Heights, lasted 2 hours and shut down the Sea Beach in the Ft Ham Pkwy vincinity, I was on an (N) at around 8:30, got stuck btwn New Utrecht and Ft Ham for an hour and a half! It was torcher, but to make it worse, when the power came back up I saw an R46 (R) in service on the Sea Beach leaving Ft Ham! Unfortunatley I missed it :confused:

Why couldn't they do an evacuation of some sort?.An hour an a half is a very long time. I probobaly would go crazy.Though since it was outside at least people were able to make phone calls.Etc...

Due to a power outage at the Fort Hamilton Parkway Station, (N) train service running on the (D) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the 36th Street Station in Brooklyn.

In addition, due to signal trouble on the Manhattan Bridge:

Select uptown (D) trains are running on the (F) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Broadway-Lafayette Street Station.

Select uptown (N) trains are running on the (Q) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Select (N) and (Q) trains are running on the (R) line in both directions between the Dekalb Avenue Station and the Canal Street Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (D), (F), (N), (Q) and (R) trains at this time.

Why do uptown (N) trains have to run on the(Q) line.What does have to do with the Manhattan Bridge?

I was stuck in this. My (N) got to 36th around 8:20 where they announced it was rerouted to the (D), but I wasn't aware of what's going on, so I got off and waited for the next one, which ran slowly to 59th. It was held there for about 10 minutes until I got fed up and went upstairs for the B9. Apparently I made the decision too late, cause two minutes later, everyone emerged from the station, and let's just say the ride was a mess. :tdown:

Why couldn't they do an evacuation of some sort?.An hour an a half is a very long time.

Why do uptown (N) trains have to run on the(Q) line.What does have to do with the Manhattan Bridge?

It doesn't have to do anything about the Manny Bridge, however it has to do with the power outage at Ft. Hamilton Pkwy. The (N) were sent to West End and to Brighton

I was stuck on a train that was delayed for more than 45 minutes as it crept from Canal Street to 53 Street where it got stuck. It should have taken only 50 minutes to get from Chinatown to Coney Island. I ended up calling someone up to drive me and a few other passengers home. This was around 5:30pm (when we got on the (N) ~ 7:10pm (when we got fed up with the wait).

Archived