Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and six others shot in Arizona

R68 Subway Car

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona

A despicable act by a lowlife who, according to several sources, has been captured and locked up.

This is sad:cry:. According to the news channels it happened while she was making a public apperence at a Safeway supermarket in Tuscan. Maybe EE knows more about her as he lives near there.

Anyhow no matter your views of politics this is awful. A speedy best wishes to the Giffords family. Now it's unclear if she alive or dead. Just read her bio and she was among the most vocal supporters of the controversial immigrtation policy in Az.

It's early but my guess this attempted assistation is related to that.

Even if you hate the law there a process in America called elections and you can vote her out of office or go to the Court system to change the law. Shooting her is not the answer.

Here link.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110108/us_nm/us_usa_shooting_congresswoman

When you have Tea Party wack jobs telling people to express their second amendment rights, and stand up to government, you are bound to have senseless tragedies like this take place.

This is absolutely terrible! I hope they hang his ass high!:mad:

Here is MSNBC video of the Congresswoman, and the discussions about receiving threats after she voted for health care reform. Republicans made it a point to not get involved and denounce the threats of violence. Scroll to the middle of the page.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/politics/

When you have Tea Party wack jobs telling people to express their second amendment rights, and stand up to government, you are bound to have senseless tragedies like this take place.

This is absolutely terrible! I hope they hang his ass high!:mad:

Here is MSNBC video of the Congresswoman, and the discussions about receiving threats after she voted for health care reform. Republicans made it a point to not get involved and denounce the threats of violence. Scroll to the middle of the page.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/politics/

Its early buddy let see the motive for why this guy tried to kill her before we blame the tea party movement? Still this is awful.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona

A despicable act by a lowlife who, according to several sources, has been captured and locked up.

No one has been reported killed yet, all are in hospital undergoing emergency surgery. But I wouldnt be shocked if she dies as she has been shot in the head.

Its early buddy let see the motive for why this guy tried to kill her before we blame the tea party movement? Still this is awful.

I'm not blaming the Tea Party at all. I'm just saying that they have incited violence on many occasions over the last 3 years..... I would never blame a person or group for someone else's actions.

But IMO, the writing is on the wall. But yes, we will just have to see.

she was Pro-gun, watch who you call a "whack job"

Whats wrong with being pro-gun? I come from a family made up of Feds, Sheriffs, and Military personnel.......

We need better gun regulation. Most of the guns the Mexican Cartels have been getting are right from here!

No one has been reported killed yet, all are in hospital undergoing emergency surgery. But I wouldnt be shocked if she dies as she has been shot in the head.

Sadly you might be right. Even if she survives, there a good chance she is paralyzed i.e brain damage for rest of life. Especially being shot in the head at 'point blank' range.

Sadly you might be right. Even if she survives, there a good chance she is paralyzed i.e brain damage for rest of life. Especially being shot in the head at 'point blank' range.

MSNBC reported from a source that she was talking before going into surgery. If that's true then her situation may not nearly be as grave as first reported. Having said that, it is too early to tell what exactly is going on.

Just wondering if any of the '4' and 'free' stations ie NBC CBS ABC or Fox reported it yet? I last checked a few minutes ago and college basketball, HS Football or infomericals were on. This is an important news story as it's not every day a member of Congress get shot.

FYI. Mods please change the title of this thread to Congresswoman Giffords and others get shot in Arizona.' It looks more likely she might survive this.

By the way thanks R68 on posting this very sad and tragic story. Back to topic the hopstial where she been treated at is going to have a news conference at around 4pm NY time on her condition.

The suspected gunmen is named Jared Laughter a 22 year old male. Sadly a local Az 'federal court' judge also at the Giffords event has been killed.

Archived