MTA Services To Operate On Special Schedules On Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day

EE Broadway Local

I'm posting this here because of the wide variety of services affected.

Monday is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and if you're planning a trip, a little busfanning or a little railfanning:

New York City Subway And Staten Island Railway:

• Regular weekday schedule

* (:P(M) and (Z) will run

• No special Get Away service on SIR, however

TA And MTA Operated Buses; LI Bus:

• Regular weekday schedule

• In Queens, No Q6 Limited, Q25 Limited or Q65 Limited service

• On Staten Island, No S81 Limited, S84 Limited, S86 Limited, S90 Limited, S91 Limited, S92 Limited, S94 Limited, S96 Limited, or S98 Limited service

* S89 and S93 will operate on their regular weekday schedules

Long Island Railroad:

• The L.I.R.R. will operate on a holiday schedule

Metro-North Railroad:

• M.N.R.R. will operate on an enhanced Saturday schedule

* In Grand Central Terminal, the walkways that lead north from the train platforms will be closed

• Dutchess County CTC will not operate.

Story and photo of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: http://www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=179

They claim they're running normal weekday service on express buses, but it's really a modified weekday schedule. I don't have a problem with that, but just say that so that people can plan accordingly. I was waiting for an X1 this morning and three were supposed to have shown up during the time we waited. The bus was almost SRO too infact... I just hope they don't cut any of the last runs because I plan on getting the last X30 home tonight... :P

One question about Limited service:

The buses that normally run as limited-stop buses don't run at all, correct (they aren't converted to local buses)?

Also, if a limited-stop bus runs the full route and the local makes short-turns, the local is simply extended, correct?

It's been a while since I've taken the S98, but if I recall correctly they may just convert some of those to S48s. My feeling is that even though they don't run the limiteds they run some sort of modified schedule to prevent the wait from being too long since some people do actually work today...

Archived