RUMOR B38 moving to grand ave.

MTV Operator

I overheard a Q54 driver mentioning the B38 "moving"... he was talkin to another passenger...

as I was more towards the back of the bus, I didn't hear anything about when or where.... didn't wanna move closer & eavesdrop on the convo...

so it's supposedly grand av... FP is losing routes left & right....

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

My neighbor who was a FP driver (now Flatbush since the pick) told me that in December and that it was supposed to happen during the winter pick. FP didn't lose any routes since Grand Av opened and they lost the B13, B24, B39 (before it got canned) and the Q59

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

My neighbor who was a FP driver (now Flatbush since the pick) told me that in December and that it was supposed to happen during the winter pick. FP didn't lose any routes since Grand Av opened and they lost the B13, B24, B39 (before it got canned) and the Q59

they lost the Q59? :eek:

yes the Q59 has been with Grand Ave depot for a while now lol..used to be Fresh pond

Oh I got confused I thought Grand Avenue had closed and reopened, and lost those lines. I thought Grand Avenue lost the Q59. Oh, thanks for the correction.

they lost the Q59? :eek:

That was the first to go since it runs right in front of it. Grand Av was built from the ground up, brand new

kinda throws a monkey wrench into any flexibility for a dispatcher down by borough hall, such as sending a Metro bus down Seneca.

Why do you say that? I don't see how this would affect anything.

If this does go through, Grand Av. will run all local service during the weekdays, and Fresh Pond would run all LTD service.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Why do you say that? I don't see how this would affect anything.

If this does go through, Grand Av. will run all local service during the weekdays, and Fresh Pond would run all LTD service.

Sounds like a winner to me.

It's the same reason as to why the (2)(5) both have NTTs...what if there is a lack of limiteds (or Metro branch buses, or buses from one depot as opposed to another)? What is the dispatcher supposed to do then? Have GA buses on an FP branch? Or neglect the FP branch?

It's the same reason as to why the (2)(5) both have NTTs...what if there is a lack of limiteds (or Metro branch buses, or buses from one depot as opposed to another)? What is the dispatcher supposed to do then? Have GA buses on an FP branch? Or neglect the FP branch?

I dont see what's so difficult. If there is an issue on of the branches, can't dispatch work it out?

I dont see what's so difficult. If there is an issue on of the branches, can't dispatch work it out?

...and do what? Send buses from one depot on another depot's branch (this heightens the chance that a bus will end up in the wrong depot) or neglect a branch? Or have a depot send empty buses to the other terminal (if they get there).

Also, this would prevent interlining.

...and do what? Send buses from one depot on another depot's branch (this heightens the chance that a bus will end up in the wrong depot) or neglect a branch? Or have a depot send empty buses to the other terminal (if they get there).

Also, this would prevent interlining.

Lol!! No. If a driver works out of Grand Av., how am Is he/she going to accidentally end up going to Fresh Pond depot?

Central Dispatch can work it all out. It's worth trying.

Grand Av. - North branch Runs local service. LTD when needed.

F. Pond - Southern branch Runs LTD service. Local where needed.

If buses get hung up on one of the branches, dispatch can have buses short turn, or avoid on of the branches.

On the weekend, both depots run local.

Lol!! No. If a driver works out of Grand Av., how am Is he/she going to accidentally end up going to Fresh Pond depot?

Central Dispatch can work it all out. It's worth trying.

Grand Av. - North branch Runs local service. LTD when needed.

F. Pond - Southern branch Runs LTD service. Local where needed.

If buses get hung up on one of the branches, dispatch can have buses short turn, or avoid one of the branches.

On the weekend, both depots run local.

And that is the problem. Avoiding a branch is not desirable.

And short turns might not work because the line will lose half its service anyway.

But not with each other. It's always good to have more flexibility.

It's not always a necessity to interline or have flexability as long as all bases are covered. If something happens on one of the branches where traffic is held, dispatch can have the drvers tu ot short turns to facilitate the local or LTD service that is affected.

Archived