When will the MTA update the Bronx Bus Map?

Baseball02

Waiting for the Bx19 on Sunday afternoons must be a nightmare B)

lol but the Bx19 does goes to 145/Broadway at 12PM as well, but in here it suppose to be AM since late nights the Bx19 cant go into Riverbank due to park closures.

Bx19 before 1:15 aint as bad.. But try waiting until about 2AM to 4AM all you see is 2-4 buses at night and i know cuz ive been a Bx19 rider for years.

You never know. Maybe there is overnight service from 3:00PM-7:05AM. :P

lol yeah but No. Bx7/Bx9/Bx10 does all that (Bx9 from 225th to 231st if thats all your doing lol)

Hey, anyone notice the service frequencies on the Brooklyn bus map? Those frequencies don't seem to match up with the frequencies shown on the individual schedules. Just about every route has longer wait times (even the super-heavy ones!) which I cannot understand for the life of me given what I've heard about crowded buses, especially the big crosstowns (B6, B8, B12, B35).

I'm guessing this is a primer for service cuts they plan to implement in the spring. I don't know if these things in by mistake or if they are trying to scare people or what. They say local B82s will run every 40 minutes in the AM rush. They changed the rush hour headways for the B63 from 8 minutes to 12 minutes. What the hell for? I know this is a very crowded line. Do they want to leave people in the street or what. I mean everything has increased wait times listed, even the B41, B44, and B46. They look like they really want to cut up the B41. I know they increased wait times on a lot of routes by only 1 or 2 minutes, but you have the heavy lines out there that are filled to capacity (especially the crosstowns and the B46) and they still want to cut.

What really got me was when I saw 40 minutes for the B82 local in the AM rush. Am I crazy or overreacting to what I saw?

And then on the Bronx bus map I see 13- and 14-minute headways for the Bx1 Limited when the current headway is 6-8 minutes. Even on Saturday it doesn't go all the way to 14 minutes. LTD service stops before then. Are these just brazen errors or is MTA for real?

Hey, anyone notice the service frequencies on the Brooklyn bus map? Those frequencies don't seem to match up with the frequencies shown on the individual schedules. Just about every route has longer wait times (even the super-heavy ones!) which I cannot understand for the life of me given what I've heard about crowded buses, especially the big crosstowns (B6, B8, B12, B35).

I'm guessing this is a primer for service cuts they plan to implement in the spring. I don't know if these things in by mistake or if they are trying to scare people or what. They say local B82s will run every 40 minutes in the AM rush. They changed the rush hour headways for the B63 from 8 minutes to 12 minutes. What the hell for? I know this is a very crowded line. Do they want to leave people in the street or what. I mean everything has increased wait times listed, even the B41, B44, and B46. They look like they really want to cut up the B41. I know they increased wait times on a lot of routes by only 1 or 2 minutes, but you have the heavy lines out there that are filled to capacity (especially the crosstowns and the B46) and they still want to cut.

What really got me was when I saw 40 minutes for the B82 local in the AM rush. Am I crazy or overreacting to what I saw?

And then on the Bronx bus map I see 13- and 14-minute headways for the Bx1 Limited when the current headway is 6-8 minutes. Even on Saturday it doesn't go all the way to 14 minutes. LTD service stops before then. Are these just brazen errors or is MTA for real?

There are frequency reductions planned for April, but this is a January map.

Archived