When will the MTA update the Bronx Bus Map?

Baseball02

Sometimes MTA will release an updated version of the same map so there could have been an updated July 2010 with some of the changes (it was done in 2007 with the Bx31 changes, though there was no official 2007 map, it was an updated 2006 map).
Funny you say that because I remember during my HS days, the bottom of the map read "April 2007". Most buses had the April 2007 maps anyways. I had difficulty finding that map, but if the Bx31 service changes appeared on the 2006 - updated map, then that didn't cross my mind 4 years ago.. B)

Funny you say that because I remember during my HS days, the bottom of the map read "April 2007". Most buses had the April 2007 maps anyways. I had difficulty finding that map, but if the Bx31 service changes appeared on the 2006 - updated map, then that didn't cross my mind 4 years ago.. B)

I have two "November 2006" maps, one has the 2007 Bx31 change. Any 2007 maps must have been on buses only then, unless MTA printed out two different dates.

There are also multiple "July 2008" maps as well. The first one has new SBS printed on the front of the map, the second one has the normal cover, but is the same as the first, the third one also has the normal cover, but includes the September 2008 Bx2 changes from 165 St to 149 St.

I have two "November 2006" maps, one has the 2007 Bx31 change. Any 2007 maps must have been on buses only then, unless MTA printed out two different dates.

There are also multiple "July 2008" maps as well. The first one has new SBS printed on the front of the map, the second one has the normal cover, but is the same as the first, the third one also has the normal cover, but includes the September 2008 Bx2 changes from 165 St to 149 St.

Yep, I have those 2008 maps (I thought I was hallucinating at that time). The 3rd "July 2008" map must be this one, correct?

I should look back at my 2006 Bronx map collection and see if it includes the Bx31 service change. (About 10-20 I have...)

Any pics? I was all excited, until you mentioned what I highlighted.

Sorry, I had no camera on me so I couldn't take a pic. All I know is that it was posted on a Bx41 Limited Stop bus. It shows all of the updates. The addition of the Bx4A, Bx23, Bx24, Q50, and elimination of QBx1. It also shows the Bx1 with limited stops and the Bx2 as local only.

Sorry, I had no camera on me so I couldn't take a pic. All I know is that it was posted on a Bx41 Limited Stop bus. It shows all of the updates. The addition of the Bx4A, Bx23, Bx24, Q50, and elimination of QBx1. It also shows the Bx1 with limited stops and the Bx2 as local only.
Damn you MTA. :cry:

Ah, well. I live near Webster Avenue, so I can check out the Bx41 buses before I head to my class tomorrow.

I for some reason got the July 2010 map still, need to do some roaming around to spot the January 2011 Bronx Bus Map.
Unless they're exclusive for buses only, it's becoming very hard to find a Take-one version. :tdown:

I saw the new map on the Bx5 yesterday. I briefly observed all the changes and even a few minor changes. wish it was up on the website
I did too, and I memorized the changes:

*There are no dots to denote Limited service for the Bx2.

*The Bx4A is orange like the Bx4.

*There is a "light red" line that denotes short turns for the Bx5 at Turnbull Avenue.

*The Q50 limited is red and has dots to denote limited service.

*The Bx23 is purple, but doesn't denote rush hour service, just off peak service.

*The Bx24 uses the lime green color (like the Bx14) and it's terminal is at Pelham Bay Park.

*The Bx27 is no longer blue, now it's cyan/turquoise.

*There is a little note, next to the Bx38 in Co-Op City, that reads "Bx28 replaces Bx38 late nights" or something like that.

*All the parks are no longer colored green. Instead, it's a light brown-ish color.

That's all I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived