The most powerful winter storm ever recorded threatens 33 states

East New York

The Day After Tomorrow?

A massive winter storm is churning as we speak. Meteorologists are saying this is perhaps the largest and most powerful winter storm system we have ever seen, affecting most everyone from Texas to New York. Some cities are bracing for 24"+, with possible snow drifts of up to 120"!! That's 10 feet of snow!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41348118/ns/weather/

I think this requires the largest beer run ever recorded in thirty-three states.....

And I bet Weedmen around those states are happy cuz people are stocking up on bud by the O's! ;)

Seriously, this worldly crap with the snow and ice, I don't give a damn what happens tomorrow, I'm still going out for some shots!:tup:

And I bet Weedmen around those states are happy cuz people are stocking up on bud by the O's! ;)

Seriously, this worldly crap with the snow and ice, I don't give a damn what happens tomorrow, I'm still going out for some shots!:tup:

Trying to remain sober......

Yea, sadly life is going to have to go on regardless of the snow and ice. This new climate we're dealing with may very well become a new norm in the future, so a new normal routine is going to have to be developed by people.

KPHO TV CBS 5 is forecasting partly sunny tomorrow and a high of 60 degrees and a low of 35 degrees tomorrow night. The forecast for Wednesday February 2d is partly sunny and a high of 50 degrees and a low of 28 degrees (that would tie Phoenix's record low for February 2d). Winds are forecast to be NNW to NNE at 13 to 15 mph with gusts to 34 mph.

Thursday is forecast to be sunny and a high of 54 degrees and a low of 34 degrees.

meanwhile CNN and Fox News has gone wall-wall with the crisis in Egypt.

Tommorow 2/1/11 shall be intresting to see if this mega blizzard/ice storm gets any coverage.

Appx. 100-plus Million Americans or 2/3 of the country's population is affected by this possible historic storm.

The only other mega storm with this wide impact across America in recent history was the March 1993 superstorm.

And I bet Weedmen around those states are happy cuz people are stocking up on bud by the O's! B)

Lmao! I no longer participate in those types of activities, but my brother did just that!

Trying to remain sober......

Yea, sadly life is going to have to go on regardless of the snow and ice. This new climate we're dealing with may very well become a new norm in the future, so a new normal routine is going to have to be developed by people.

IN, IL, and OK officials issued a Disaster Declaration. Never heard of that before! Several other states have declared emergency. OK is currently reporting thunder and lightening with snow. Dallas is reporting freezing rain, and temps 33° below average.

I love snow storms though! I always seem to find a reason to go out in them!

Lmao! I no longer participate in those types of activities, but my brother did just that!

IN, IL, and OK officials issued a Disaster Declaration. Never heard of that before! Several other states have declared emergency. OK is currently reporting thunder and lightening with snow. Dallas is reporting freezing rain, and temps 33° below average.

East NY do you remember superstorm I from March 1993? NYC got a foot of snow and places as far south as Alabama got buried with snow.

Oh no, this is the best winter I've ever experienced. It's been gorgeous to look at the fresh snow, and it hasn't been that cold (not 18 degrees as the high anyway).

East NY do you remember superstorm I from March 1993? NYC got a foot of snow and places as far south as Alabama got buried with snow.

I sure do! But one of the most memorable to me was when we got 26.9 in Feb. 2006 when the news said we would get 6-8"!

The Weather Channel is doing live coverage right now.

I sure do! But one of the most memorable to me was when we got 26.9 in Feb. 2006 when the news said we would get 6-8"!

The Weather Channel is doing live coverage right now.

I was not much online on this site tonight because i been watching the 'pregame show' cough the local Chicago TV stations. Weathercasters are already predicting in the windy city for this possible historic storm to match or even break the Jan. 1967 blizzard which is the benchmark in modern Chicago history. Here link to tonight's 1/31/11 from ABC7 in chicago.:eek:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7930150

PS In 1993 i was at a small SUNY college outside Albany as our town got 2 1/2 feet of snow.

Tucson (2,200 feet) will feel an even more awesome cold than Phoenix.

KOLD TV CBS 13 is forecasting partly sunny and cool with a high of only 57 degrees and a low of 28 degrees.

Then on Wednesday February 2d, the forecast is mostly cloudy and a high of only 45 degrees with a low of 22 degrees (which would tie a record for Tucson's low temperature on February 2d). Winds are forecast to be NNW to NNE at 9 to 17 mph with gusts to 34 mph. Then Thursday is forecast to be sunny and a high of 45 degrees and a low of 23 degrees.

A 50 degree high in Phoenix and a 45 degree high in Tucson to begin February is going to be awesome! :tup:

KPHO TV CBS 5 is forecasting partly sunny tomorrow and a high of 60 degrees and a low of 35 degrees tomorrow night. The forecast for Wednesday February 2d is partly sunny and a high of 50 degrees and a low of 28 degrees (that would tie Phoenix's record low for February 2d). Winds are forecast to be NNW to NNE at 13 to 15 mph with gusts to 34 mph.

Thursday is forecast to be sunny and a high of 54 degrees and a low of 34 degrees.

28°! Crazy!

Where is Al Bore when you need em l0l

Somewhere talking about "I told you so."

Oh no, this is the best winter I've ever experienced. It's been gorgeous to look at the fresh snow, and it hasn't been that cold (not 18 degrees as the high anyway).

I love it! They are now saying more than 2000 miles worth of the country will get more than 12".

Not to get off topic. Another part of the world not just most of the US is worrying about dangerous weather\. Down under a hurricane/cyclone is about to hit Syndey.

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=13943972

can we say what the hell is going on with weather around the world?

WTF?? Sydney? That's unheard of!!:eek:

It's the middle of summer!

Archived