The F train that never came

Abba

Very good stuff!

They need more boards like that in stations to alert people to changes like the F being diverted, though in my case, I would simply take the M to wherever I can normally make other transfers if needed.

You cannot be serious....

Guest lance25

There does need to be more communication to the passengers when the trains are rerouted. Whether that's through better speakers that actually work or through the displays that currently only show the date and time is up to the (MTA).

I once on an F train yesterday that was in Carol Street for 30 minutes because of a track fire are Church Ave, then when things got moving again they announced 7th ave will be the last time. He didn't announce if another train will arrive afterward any time soon, and the train stood at 7th ave for 5 minutes before driving off. I was thinking how could it go forward if he just said there's a track fire :confused:. People had already left the station, including me, so I asked for a bus transfer and whether another train will come and the guy at the booth didn't know and was generally quite slow...He gave a few people some blue bus pass which the bus driver didn't even want to accept :confused:. As I left I heard a Coney Island bound F train show up. He wouldn't let me back in the station without paying another fare :). I took the B61 to the B68 all the way to Neptune.

Last summer, when I was on way with friends on Brooklyn Loop Tour operated by NY Grayline or CitySightNY, we were on Brooklyn-bound (R) Local. There was tourist looking at outdated subway map on guidebook with (W) on it. I tried to be friendly and I gave him extra subway map, but he refused, so I gave up and we went on way to tour bus.

When I was helping at 5th Av-59th St (N)(Q)(R) Station when (N)(Q) was not running via 60th St or (R), I heard from one of station agents, they still wait for (Q) on weekends.

I wonder if some people still think the (M) is the same (Mx) that runs to South Brooklyn during rush hours. As long as I know there might be people waiting for a (V).

Weird, yesterday I was on an R160 (F) pulling into Second Av-LES and the conductor had to bleep out the announcement "Transfer is available to the (V) train" but riders reading the FIND still got off to wait for a (V) until myself and others informed them that the (V) doesn't exist any longer.

Some (6) trains have also been known to announce the (W) at 59 St (along with the long "A free transfer is also available to the (F) train... blahblahblah" announcement).

Some R142 still announces 59th St with (W), 51st St with (V).

I was on R160 on (E) and it announce (G) at Queens Plaza/Roosevelt Av.

That's not even the baddest thing. On Forgotten New York, you can see that there are even signs to trains of pre-1970 B) Or a few signs to a line that was never built (to the Rockaways and Jamaica IIRC).

Archived