What Video Game Systems Do You Have???

R32 3352

Well, what video game systems do you have or have you had in the past???

I'm really old school so I have old stuff.

I have:

An Atari 2600

The NES

The Original Game Boy

The SNES

The Game Boy Pocket

Two Game Boy Colors

A Nintendo 64

The Gameboy Advance

The Wii

The DSi

The PS3

So what do you have. Comment.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Current

-PS3

-Nitendo Wii

-6 PSPs (2 used for spare parts)

-PS2 (still works, but not in use)

Past

-PS1

-XBox 360 (caught the red ring of death, never repaired)

-Nitendo 64

-damn near every Game Boy that came out except for the DS & DSi

-Sega Genesis

-Sega Dreamcast

-Super Nitendo

My first video game console was a Super Nintendo, which I got when I was three years old. My dad took me to Kmart (The one that used to be at Fresh Meadows). It was a rainy night. It came with a game bundled in- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I remember that day very well. That was the start of bigger things for me.

I also had a Game Boy Pocket, Color, Advance (I found a lost SP model and kept it), and now have the Nintendo DS Lite.

I, being a "Nintendo fanboy" have owned every Nintendo console since the SNES- the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. The SNES is the only one of these consoles that I do not have stored in the closet somewhere, as it broke down sometime in 1997 and it really wasn't being sold anymore by then.

I also have the PSOne, Playstation 2, the original Xbox and Xbox 360.

Lol my very first computer was an ancient IBM PC, Microsoft DOS with only a tutorial program, a word processor, an SAT prep program and one other random crap program that didn't interest me in the least bit, My uncle and late aunt out in Suffolk County had it in their basement mini-office with an executive-type swivel chair like a sort of office, where they probably handled office affairs in the 80s and 90s until they retired and handed down the computer to me.

I noticed in the word processor some old typed-out documents from my aunt and older cousins from when they were in middle school/high school.

I didn't like that computer very much. It couldn't do a thing.

Most of these aren't physically with me right now since a majority of my childhood stuff remains at my mother's house, but...

Not with me:

Sega Genesis (first system - got it in '91 with the first Sonic bundled)

Game Gear

Sega Saturn (note: this would unfortunately be the end of my Sega days as I became madly jealous of the games coming out for the PSX. The Saturn was a solid, underrated system but just didn't have the titles I wanted. So we continue...)

PSX

N64 (Between the PSX and N64 and not having a life in the late 90s, I think I kind of "OD'd" on console games. It was like a day and night addiction, so for a while there I took a break.)

My brother at this point was old enough to get a system for Christmas, and he got both a Gamecube and Xbox in the early 2000s. Luckily all that time I shared my Genesis with him 10 years earlier would come back in my favor.

I got back into gaming properly when the 360 came out. My brother and I split the cost and actually got it on the first day (only time I've ever done that) and it's been a slippery slope back down since then, haha. I'm lucky to have a girl that enjoys video games as well. I remember breaking up with this girl in 2006 because she was mean, but ALSO because she was cutting into my Oblivion time a little too much. We can't have that now... B)

Ah, anyway... my brother and I live in different cities now so we struck a deal where he'd take the 360 and I'd keep his PSP (since he had two..?) since I had owed him money anyway. So right now, all I have is a PSP and do my gaming on a mediocre PC. =/ 800x600 resolution on Mass Effect 2, anyone?

If I were to get a system at the moment, I'd probably go with the PS3 for something different... maybe after that tax return comes back.

1) Nintendo 64

2) Original Game Boy

3) Game Boy Color

4) Sega Genesis

5) Playstation 1

6) Playstation 2

7) Playstation 3

8) Original Xbox

9) Xbox 360

10 & 11) Both Game Boy Advance models

12) NES

13) Gamecube

14) All those PCs of mine

And just to think that the original Game Boy had a 4 MHz processor B)

512MB is nothing anymore. In fact, for a modern Windows 7-based system, I wouldn't even think about using anything less than 2GB of memory.

Well, I'm talking about 512MB RAM in a video game console. For computers, it's a whole different story.

Heh, I just looked up the Xbox 360 and PS3...was surprised to see that the Xbox did indeed only have 512MB of system memory...the PS3 is split 256/256 system/video.

They are fairly old systems though, even if they're the newest out.

Heh, I just looked up the Xbox 360 and PS3...was surprised to see that the Xbox did indeed only have 512MB of system memory...the PS3 is split 256/256 system/video.

They are fairly old systems though, even if they're the newest out.

Yep. They're approaching 5 years old for the PS3 and 6 for the Xbox.

On a side note, I hate the look of the Xbox 360 S. Looks like someone fudged up using a CAD program.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Do you still have it? I can fix it B)

Funny story about that, about a month after it caught the RRoD, me & my girlfriend (at that time) got into a catastrophic argument and she ended up destroying it. I was crushed since that was the first gaming system that I completely paid for (damn near 400 bucks) so I buried it in my backyard :(

I currently own:

2 Xbox 360s, 2 PlayStation 3's, a wii, a PSP and DS. Guess you can count my iPod touch and my Android phone as well.

Funny story about that, about a month after it caught the RRoD, me & my girlfriend (at that time) got into a catastrophic argument and she ended up destroying it. I was crushed since that was the first gaming system that I completely paid for (damn near 400 bucks) so I buried it in my backyard B)

Better hope the Department of Sanitation or the Department of Environmental Protection ever find out. Capacitors in electronic components can leak and cause environmental problems which is why many companies offer recycling services for electronics so they can be disposed off properly. :(

Funny story about that, about a month after it caught the RRoD, me & my girlfriend (at that time) got into a catastrophic argument and she ended up destroying it. I was crushed since that was the first gaming system that I completely paid for (damn near 400 bucks) so I buried it in my backyard B)

Should have sent her flying through mid-air :(

Better hope the Department of Sanitation or the Department of Environmental Protection ever find out. Capacitors in electronic components can leak and cause environmental problems which is why many companies offer recycling services for electronics so they can be disposed off properly. :P

But what about the EPA? They'll put one of these over his house :P

Dome.jpg

Archived