Layoffs Might Be Coming...

Donald

MTA Chairman Jay Walder says layoffs are an option after $100M funding cut by state gov

What we've said, and what I will continue to say, is we're working on a plan right now to be able to deal with [the budget cut]," Walder said after testifying before a state budget hearing.

"What I am taking off the table are service cuts and fare increases," Walder added.

Transport Workers Union Local 100 President John Samuelsen accused Walder of trying to "blackmail" the union into concessions.

He also said Walder misled lawmakers by saying the MTA could absorb the budget cut without affecting service.

"The only place that they can get that money from is the maintenance side of the house," Samuelsen said. "The fleet is already in pretty bad shape."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/01/2011-03-01_mta_chairman_jay_walder_says_layoffs_are_an_option_after_100m_funding_cut_by_sta.html

Well, I guess the good news is that there won't be service cuts so that protects B/Os, conductors, and T/Os. But everyone else seems to be on thin ice right now should layoffs occur.

MTA Chairman Jay Walder says layoffs are an option after $100M funding cut by state gov

What we've said, and what I will continue to say, is we're working on a plan right now to be able to deal with [the budget cut]," Walder said after testifying before a state budget hearing.

"What I am taking off the table are service cuts and fare increases," Walder added.

Transport Workers Union Local 100 President John Samuelsen accused Walder of trying to "blackmail" the union into concessions.

He also said Walder misled lawmakers by saying the MTA could absorb the budget cut without affecting service.

"The only place that they can get that money from is the maintenance side of the house," Samuelsen said. "The fleet is already in pretty bad shape."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/01/2011-03-01_mta_chairman_jay_walder_says_layoffs_are_an_option_after_100m_funding_cut_by_sta.html

Well, I guess the good news is that there won't be service cuts so that protects B/Os, conductors, and T/Os. But everyone else seems to be on thin ice right now should layoffs occur.

You just couldn't wait to post this could you wet blanket?

So you don't want me to post reality? I don't want layoffs as much as everyone else does not, but as someone who is on the O/C condcutor list, I want to be told the reality so I know when I stand a chance of being hired.

So you don't want me to post reality? I don't want layoffs as much as everyone else does not, but as someone who is on the O/C condcutor list, I want to be told the reality so I know when I stand a chance of being hired.

What reality? You posted speculation. Last time I checked speculation and your delusion are not reality wet blanket.

I want to be told the reality so I know when I stand a chance of being hired.

You'll stand a chance of being hired when you're standing with a warm cup of pre-employment piss in your hand. You may want to get some target practice in before then.

I suggest you go on with your life seriously, that goes for anybody who is on a O/C Conductors or Train operators List.

I went on with mines after i took the test in 2000, its not too hard people.

Please, please all of you ladies and gentlemen waiting for an appointment for any Civil Service position. Promotional or Open Competitive. It has been mentioned in numerous threads that the key word is PATIENCE. You took the tests, passed, now move on with your life. Seek other employment or further your education in the meantime. I've watched countless threads out here where someone posts some tidbit, or asks about a test, and all of a sudden it's like sharks in a feeding frenzy. I've noticed some people actually denigrating other posters chances of even being called, trying to discourage people and pouring water on another persons hopes and dreams. Knocking another's list number or what have you. Nobody on these forums can predict the future with any certainty. There may be layoffs of people who were just called and appointed. Maybe the economy picks up and more people retire, who knows ? I say this as one who is older than those now waiting and one who has done the gamut, from test, waiting, appointment, working, and now, retirement. No matter how you feel today, apprehensive, excitement, fear, whatever, remember IT"S NOT LIFE OR DEATH. Slow down, take it easy and enjoy your life today 'cause nothing is really promised anyway ( except death and taxes). Just thought I'd throw that out here for those acting like children on Christmas Eve.

I don't understand the deal with some of you people who are already employed by the MTA. Posting a bit of news about Walder and layoffs Isn't any indication whatsoever that the person is being impatient, negative or otherwise just out of their mind. Collecting opinions, stories/tidbits, news articles by members of this forum is quite simply...... WHAT THE PUBLIC FORUM IS FOR. Gosh! give people a cup of union joe and suddenly they dont want to hear anything anyone's got to say. The comfy as a Sultan, but shitty-ass servicemen the MTA produces, whom couldn't give a rat's ass whether or not you get lost in the subway have suddenly spread onto this transit forum as well. If you cant bear to see anyone else ask about his employment chances on here then simply don't read it or post and let someone else take care of it, because certainly you aren't making it any better.

I don't understand the deal with some of you people who are already employed by the MTA. Posting a bit of news about Walder and layoffs Isn't any indication whatsoever that the person is being impatient, negative or otherwise just out of their mind. Collecting opinions, stories/tidbits, news articles by members of this forum is quite simply...... WHAT THE PUBLIC FORUM IS FOR. Gosh! give people a cup of union joe and suddenly they dont want to hear anything anyone's got to say. The comfy as a Sultan, but shitty-ass servicemen the MTA produces, whom couldn't give a rat's ass whether or not you get lost in the subway have suddenly spread onto this transit forum as well. If you cant bear to see anyone else ask about his employment chances on here then simply don't read it or post and let someone else take care of it, because certainly you aren't making it any better.

If you've noticed, no one has gotten on you about any of your posts, your opinions, or your statements, and you are in about the same position as he is. It's all on how you present yourself whether someone gets on you or not. You've presented yourself like a human being and have been treated as such. That's the deal. It's also when someone whines constantly, then everything they say whether large or small gets seen as "oh man here comes more of his whining crap again"

I see what you're getting at... In that case I suppose you're right. I thought he had just posted the article without saying anything about it.

I understand. I initially defended him as well until I started reading more of his posts and realized he is just Chicken Little always claiming the sky is falling for every little thing that happens. He's now typecast himself as a worry wart and Negative Nancy. A wet blanket if you will.

I understand. I initially defended him as well until I started reading more of his posts and realized he is just Chicken Little always claiming the sky is falling for every little thing that happens. He's now typecast himself as a worry wart and Negative Nancy. A wet blanket if you will.

In this case I do agree in that nothing may happen. It is just too soon to tell and the state hasn't made anything final yet, nor has the (MTA).

In this case I do agree in that nothing may happen. It is just too soon to tell and the state hasn't made anything final yet, nor has the (MTA).

By the time anything is done if the negative happens, many of the people waiting on it may have already been hired. You should only worry when there is actually something to worry about.

Where have you been then?

How many times hes posted the exact same thing then says his Dad is a C/R..

Do you see something wrong with that?

Ill wait thanks.

Blatherskite lives such a sad life as a condcutor that he has taken the liberty of sending me insulting private messages at 1:00 in the morning.

Today, 12:56 AM

Iyor not liar you m*r*n.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You truly are retarded. If you actually read the posts earlier, you would know what I am referring to you fool.

-------------------------------------------

Note that the original message did not have astericks in it. No matter of whether you disagree with me, I am sure we can all agree that sending insulting private messages crosses the line. If your going to insult me, then have the guts to do it on the forums so that everyone sees what a nasty jerk you are. Don't hide.

Archived