Next few weekends no Q service.

ChrisKocur

Does anyone know what the project is that is shutting down the Q train from Prospect Park-57th st. the next few weekends? I'm guessing that it has to be something major between Prospect Park and Atlantic Ave.

Does anyone know what the project is that is shutting down the Q train from Prospect Park-57th st. the next few weekends? I'm guessing that it has to be something major between Prospect Park and Atlantic Ave.

Quoting MTA press release:

Q

From 11:30 p.m. Friday, March 4 to 5 a.m. Monday, March 7, there are no Q trains between 57th Street-7th Avenue and Prospect Park in either direction due to BMT track tunnel inspection and structural repair and track and switch work north of Atlantic Avenue

Quoting MTA press release:

Thanks for the info, I'd figure with three weekends and a bunch of late weeknights with no service they should be able to relay all the north and southbound track with concrete ballast from prospect park to Atlantic then Atlantic up to Dekalb. ;)

Oh and for future reference where would i find this press release does the MTA post them on the website somewhere?

That adds another thing onto my trip!

+Fulton Street/Chambers Street Shuttle

+(Q) shuttle

yahoo! I had missed the (Q) G.O. before. Now I can catch it :cool:

EDIT: I see all the other G/O's, more on my list!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for the info, I'd figure with three weekends and a bunch of late weeknights with no service they should be able to relay all the north and southbound track with concrete ballast from prospect park to Atlantic then Atlantic up to Dekalb. ;)

Oh and for future reference where would i find this press release does the MTA post them on the website somewhere?

Here is.

http://mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=110303-NYCT24

That adds another thing onto my trip!

+Fulton Street/Chambers Street Shuttle

+(Q) shuttle

yahoo! I had missed the (Q) G.O. before. Now I can catch it :cool:

EDIT: I see all the other G/O's, more on my list!!! :cool::cool::cool:

You Probably also missed (J) trains on the (Q) using R42's ...

You Probably also missed (J) trains on the (Q) using R42's ...

oh stop that. The (J) shuttle did use an R160, but everything in my day went perfect.

I even found an R142A (5), no joking (I have a video, coming soon).

I read something interesting about this detour on Subway Weekender. According to what they are saying,a passenger at DeKalb would be forced to go via the Montague Tunnel,unless they go back to Atlantic.And to do that they would have to wait for an (R).

Read this

http://subwayweekender.com/

Atlantic and Dekalb are with in few blocks within each other, I'm sure the distance is walkable.

Archived