What happenend at Vernon jackson ave?

Abba

Current Service Status / Subways-7

Posted: 03/11/2011 12:49PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to ongoing signal problems at the Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue Station, there is limited (7) train service in both directions at this time.

As an alternate customers are advised to transfer at Queensboro Plaza or Times Square-42nd Street to (N) and (Q) trains for service between Queens and Manhattan.

Customers are also advised not to transfers at the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station for (7) train service. Continue to use (E),(F) ,(M) and (R) trains for service into Manhattan

Please allow for additional travel time.

Must be big as it has been going on since about 3:15 yesterday.

Current Service Status / Subways-7

Posted: 03/11/2011 12:49PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to ongoing signal problems at the Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue Station, there is limited (7) train service in both directions at this time.

As an alternate customers are advised to transfer at Queensboro Plaza or Times Square-42nd Street to (N) and (Q) trains for service between Queens and Manhattan.

Customers are also advised not to transfers at the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station for (7) train service. Continue to use (E),(F) ,(M) and (R) trains for service into Manhattan

Must be big as it has been going on since about 3:15 yesterday.

That's what happened.

Yep. I found out the hard way when I was heading to Manhattan on the (7). It got to Queensboro plaza, then they announced about the switch problem.

So then I wait for the (N) which is taking forever. then my mom calls me and tells me that she forgot to tell me she has plans and I can't meet her in manhattan, so I take a Flushing bound (7) train (which was empty since it started at Queensboro Plaza). I get off at Junction blvd, then wait 45 minutes for the friggin Q72 to come. My mom got pissed at me for not being home on time, and she blamed me instead of the Q72 which was late (I had just missed a bus when I got down which was empty).

I then get out a very noisy, crowded and smelly bus.

So far today is not my day. :mad:.

Emergency signal repair work is forcing severe disruptions this weekend to Flushing Line No. 7 service. Where possible, customers are urged to use N Line service into Manhattan or transfer at Broadway-74th Street for Queens Boulevard Line service.

The service diversion is necessary in order to make repairs to the signal system in the Steinway Tunnel, which the 7 Line uses to run between Queens and Manhattan.

The system sustained damage due to an existing water condition exacerbated by yesterday's heavy rains. In order to correct the problem, new insulating materials will be installed between the rails and the track ties upon which they are supported.

Read more here

I hope this clarifies things beyond "ongoing signal problems"

It seems like the MTA will be adding extra (N) service between Manhattan and Queens this weekend; some (N) train from Queens will drop out at 34th Street and continue back to Queens.

What's with all this extra service? We've had plenty of weekend (7) suspensions QBP-TSQ, this one is not any different, except that no shuttle buses need be provided.

What's with all this extra service? We've had plenty of weekend (7) suspensions QBP-TSQ, this one is not any different, except that no shuttle buses need be provided.

Not anymore:

There is no (7) train service in both directions between Hunters Point Avenue and Times Square.

Use M, N, Q or R trains for altetrnate service between Queens and Manhattan.

Shuttle bus service is being provided between the Vernon Boulevard- Jackson Avenue Station to the Queensboro Plaza Station.

It seems like the MTA will be adding extra (N) service between Manhattan and Queens this weekend; some (N) train from Queens will drop out at 34th Street and continue back to Queens.
I don't get why they won't simply send the (Q) up there. Now there will be confusion over which (N) will continue past 34 Street.

Archived