BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll likely get bored of it unless you are actually interested in keeping a record, or if you just want to share you results. Actually I've gotten to the point where I can memorize the vehicle numbers and amount of trips I made in the last 326 days of the year.

For example, I rode a combined total of 414 buses this year so far, on 4127 trips, with the most trips on one single bus reaching 259. If you have a usual routine it becomes silghtly easier to keep track of the buses you ride. Then you can factor in recreational trips.

For the record, I do not keep a wrriten record of what I have and have not ridden, nor did I ride for the sole purpose of fanning/foaming.

I do intend to share my results, most likely on New Year's Eve 2013. I am quite interested in seeing what results I get; I know I have ridden about 65-70 vehicles this year for fanning reasons, but I'm curious to see how it would all add up if I add in my daily and weekly commutes. I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to put down a little note for every ride, regardless of if it's the same vehicle taking me back, or if I only make a note of every fresh vehicle I ride.

I am impressed that you managed to memorize that stuff, the only way I can do that, especially the fleet numbers of vehicles, is if I get them on camera.

The key to that:

True, although there always seems to be a smartass fool chiming in, "they're not even under any consideration", etc.

I do intend to share my results, most likely on New Year's Eve 2013. I am quite interested in seeing what results I get; I know I have ridden about 65-70 vehicles this year for fanning reasons, but I'm curious to see how it would all add up if I add in my daily and weekly commutes. I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to put down a little note for every ride, regardless of if it's the same vehicle taking me back, or if I only make a note of every fresh vehicle I ride.

I am impressed that you managed to memorize that stuff, the only way I can do that, especially the fleet numbers of vehicles, is if I get them on camera.

I'll share my results perhaps at the end of this year. Honestly for me it's just second nature. It's just something I did as a kid and I still do.

Edited by Turbo19

This does bring up an interesting point - beginning in 2013, I'm considering making a little note on my phone every time I step foot on a transit vehicle, and then at the end of the year add it all up, should yield some interesting results. Thoughts?

I started to take record of all the lines, buses, and the time I've started and ended each trip. It would have been interesting if I had started to done this when I was 10 or something. My record would have shown the RTS CNG, and some other oldies.

Trying to be like MTA yooo...

Hell no. This has been in the works since the early '00's. This project came about in an attempt to provide a full coverage BRT network across the San Bernardino Valley. MTA created SBS mainly to hold a positive public opinion. SBX is true BRT, whereas SBS is just a half-assed attempt at BRT.

For what man? LMAO, I'm not serious about this shit. :D

I kinda knew that too.......... but it was funny, huh!!

That enough fun for one holiday!

Random Thought: I would if Orion's done with their orders yet....... :huh:

Edited by NovaCSW8030

On Friday, one of the school trippers was 15 minutes late. I really want to hear the conversation between the dispatcher and the B/O.

(Btw, everybody had already left, and walked. It's a good thing it was the one that only gets like 5 people. But of course that day there were about 8-9.)

whyy doesnt staten island have single digit routes?? the lowest route is s40 -.-

why couldnt there be a S8, or S3, maybe because it sounds similar to X1 S1, X4 S4 or something??

The prefix used to be R1-39, and then they just moved it up to avoid confusing people. (They did have R- routes higher than 39 though)

whyy doesnt staten island have single digit routes?? the lowest route is s40 -.-

why couldnt there be a S8, or S3, maybe because it sounds similar to X1 S1, X4 S4 or something??

Yeah Technically the X buses were to have the lower numbers, whe the locals have the higher numbers, in which there is an oddball case with the X42 (shared with S42 on Staten Island)

This probably didn't adopt into the other borough