The Novas Are Here To Serve Us

ciboii22

Does Ulmer Park have limited space or something??? They always have a sh*t load of buses parked outside everywhere.

Most times those buses are B3's, B6's and B64's on layover, the B/O's parks the bus and chill inside the garage during their layover.

Most times those buses are B3's, B6's and B64's on layover, the B/O's parks the bus and chill inside the garage during their layover.

But then what about the MCIs all about?? :confused:

yes those buses are here for ulmer park to serve..giving the depot a new generation type of look after it just being RTS' for as many years as it's been

Yeah, new buses and that depot could use a rehab too...

Does Ulmer Park have limited space or something??? They always have a sh*t load of buses parked outside everywhere.

Its Always Been like that .

Yes they park it , or some drivers just park it anywhere and go home . And theres been a pull in line allday everyday this week .

What is that annoying filter/effect on the photos?

I was editing the picture to see if i can make it look more better and i clicked save by accident . I was trying to fix the exposure on it , sorry .

Yes, I know that's why I say the depot needs a rehab. Too short on space.

Ehh , not really . We have space at times , its just very few drivers left after 5pm on week days , so theres very few people to move the buses and they move slow so some drivers cant park so they take the buses and leave them in the middle of the streets , the pull in line can be from 1-3 blocks long , ive seen that about 1 month ago . Some drivers could park their buses in the yard but they decide to leave it anywhere .

Ehh , not really . We have space at times , its just very few drivers left after 5pm on week days , so theres very few people to move the buses and they move slow so some drivers cant park so they take the buses and leave them in the middle of the streets , the pull in line can be from 1-3 blocks long , ive seen that about 1 month ago . Some drivers could park their buses in the yard but they decide to leave it anywhere .

Not just space. I was thinking about the neighbourhood in general. Make that depot totally green and replace all of the buses with cleaner ones. I can't imagine the depot being that well received in the area, but folks have to live with it, seeing that has been there for years now.

Not just space. I was thinking about the neighbourhood in general. Make that depot totally green and replace all of the buses with cleaner ones. I can't imagine the depot being that well received in the area, but folks have to live with it, seeing that has been there for years now.

If they dont like lvivng there,they could move the F out!

If they dont like lvivng there,they could move the F out!

That's a stupid thing to say. I suppose you would say the same thing for folks that live in more poverty stricken areas where there are depots? In those situations, the asthma rates in areas of the Bronx for example are quite high and the complaint has been that usually bus depots are in poverty stricken areas where folks can't move out, and they suffer severly from health problems. Ulmer Park Depot is in a unique situation because it is in a rather upscale area, with Dyker Heights and Bensonhurst surrounding it, but the point was that in areas where there are depots, REGARDLESS of the neighbourhood, the (MTA) should be making those depots as green as possible, so as to limit the impact on the neighbourhoods that have the depots and Ulmer Park Depot is certainly one of those depots that should be rehabbed and made greener so they don't have buses parked all over the street and polluting the area.

Maybe they should take a few depots and stick em in your neck of the woods and see how you like it.

The older buses are clean. They've been that way since they've been repowered. They're not like the 90s when buses were emitting black smoke from the exhaust pipe.

@OP: Nice stuff.

The older buses are clean. They've been that way since they've been repowered. They're not like the 90s when buses were emitting black smoke from the exhaust pipe.

@OP: Nice stuff.

Oh yes, no question about it. Believe me I remember those days well as a kid when you'd inhale that crap as the bus pulled out from the stop, but still that depot needs to be redone for a number of reasons. Less pollution for the community, more parking spaces for the folks who live there instead of having buses parked all over the street. UP reminds me a lot of YUK with that situation and the residents really hated it and picking up and moving doesn't solve too much because as time goes on, more and more depots will be needed, so the solution is to be build greener depots and rehab the old ones.

Oh yes, no question about it. Believe me I remember those days well as a kid when you'd inhale that crap as the bus pulled out from the stop, but still that depot needs to be redone for a number of reasons. Less pollution for the community, more parking spaces for the folks who live there instead of having buses parked all over the street. UP reminds me a lot of YUK with that situation and the residents really hated it and picking up and moving doesn't solve too much because as time goes on, more and more depots will be needed, so the solution is to be build greener depots and rehab the old ones.

Then you must have the money that the (MTA) needs to make all of the depots greener. I hate listening to people complain about the depots making neighborhoods nasty for the kids and the environment when the truth is, the depots have been around for ages and most of these residential apartment buildings came around AFTER these depots had ALREADY been up and running but yet they have to make changes for them? Please.

I used to live in Esplanade Gardens, the apartment buildings that surround the Mother Hale Depot, which ironically, is being renovated and becoming "green". I was there when there were Fishbowls, Flixible New Looks and RTS's together hanging outside the depots and all of us kids did alright. I don't have any health problems from living around the depot and I think that it's too easy to blame the (MTA) for something like that. When it's all said and done, it's a choice to live where you live. If you think that the bus depot is going to be bad to your health and is an eyesore to you, then you shouldn't live by one. My aunt lives in Esplanade Gardens now and she tells me that the construction is loud and noisy and I find all the construction to be more of an eyesore than the depot ever and all the routes that came out of Mother Hale have worse service than before the renovation but the residents around there bitched and moaned and now, they are paying for this and the construction is going on for another year longer than it was supposed to. I hope that other neighborhoods don't go through what my old one is. Just my opinion.

That's a stupid thing to say. I suppose you would say the same thing for folks that live in more poverty stricken areas where there are depots? In those situations, the asthma rates in areas of the Bronx for example are quite high and the complaint has been that usually bus depots are in poverty stricken areas where folks can't move out, and they suffer severly from health problems. Ulmer Park Depot is in a unique situation because it is in a rather upscale area, with Dyker Heights and Bensonhurst surrounding it, but the point was that in areas where there are depots, REGARDLESS of the neighbourhood, the (MTA) should be making those depots as green as possible, so as to limit the impact on the neighbourhoods that have the depots and Ulmer Park Depot is certainly one of those depots that should be rehabbed and made greener so they don't have buses parked all over the street and polluting the area.

Maybe they should take a few depots and stick em in your neck of the woods and see how you like it.

lol....like I say,if they dont like where they live at they could move,correct??Nobody doesn't have a gun towards their head telling them ''you better not move''.MTA doesn't have to bend over backwards,if they do resident still find a way to bitch about something.

lol....like I say,if they dont like where they live at they could move,correct??Nobody doesn't have a gun towards their head telling them ''you better not move''.MTA doesn't have to bend over backwards,if they do resident still find a way to bitch about something.

Then you must have the money that the (MTA) needs to make all of the depots greener. I hate listening to people complain about the depots making neighborhoods nasty for the kids and the environment when the truth is, the depots have been around for ages and most of these residential apartment buildings came around AFTER these depots had ALREADY been up and running but yet they have to make changes for them? Please.

I used to live in Esplanade Gardens, the apartment buildings that surround the Mother Hale Depot, which ironically, is being renovated and becoming "green". I was there when there were Fishbowls, Flixible New Looks and RTS's together hanging outside the depots and all of us kids did alright. I don't have any health problems from living around the depot and I think that it's too easy to blame the (MTA) for something like that. When it's all said and done, it's a choice to live where you live. If you think that the bus depot is going to be bad to your health and is an eyesore to you, then you shouldn't live by one. My aunt lives in Esplanade Gardens now and she tells me that the construction is loud and noisy and I find all the construction to be more of an eyesore than the depot ever and all the routes that came out of Mother Hale have worse service than before the renovation but the residents around there bitched and moaned and now, they are paying for this and the construction is going on for another year longer than it was supposed to. I hope that other neighborhoods don't go through what my old one is. Just my opinion.

It's called a residential area for a reason... Let's give the (MTA) another free pass because they were there first. Every business in a residential area has a responsibility to that area to make the place better, not just to benefit from the area and give nothing in return. It's called being a good neighbor, and it can help strengthen the businesses in the area when they give back to the community in some form or another. Businesses like the (MTA) know damn well that they need to be doing certain things to make communities better and not just taking advantage of the communities that are there because they were there first and that's why in the Bronx for example where some of the highest asthma rates exist, the (MTA) invested in tons of electric hybrid buses.

A healthy community makes for a strong community and quite frankly benefits the (MTA) in the long run because they can co-exist in the community rather than being the enemy. If and when they decide to close a depot and say they want to sell that property, a strong community could mean more funds to the (MTA) when selling the property, so it is a win win for everyone when the (MTA) takes the high road instead of taking advantage.

Archived