A few photos from the only low level platform with 3rd rail on LIRR:

Ticket Office-

TicketOffice.jpg

Crossover to LIRR tracks-

Upperlevel.jpg

Statname.jpg

Escalator.jpg

BelmontPark.jpg

That BNSF boxcar has been sitting there for years now...

BNSFboxcar.jpg

7508.jpg

BelmontPark.jpg

7243b.jpg

All lonely and dead again for the day.

Platview.jpg

A view of the racetrack.

Racetrack.jpg

Enjoy the photos!

nobody takes the LIR there lol its $8 from Jamaica to Belmont...or you can just take the Q110 for 2.25

Where did you get that from? Jamaica-Belmont is $6 one way, $10 round trip at station prices. $11 on board one way.

Was that train very full, or empty?

excellent job! Great photos :P

Awesome photos. What an interesting LIRR station.

Yeah, it is really interesting.

lol nice!

nobody takes the LIR there lol its $8 from Jamaica to Belmont...or you can just take the Q110 for 2.25

But if your coming from Penn Station, its a nice one seat ride.

Wow. Thats crazy lol. I'll just take the bus thank you. Weird, how Belmont has all these tracks and so little service.

During some special events at Belmont Park more than one platform are used.

Where did you get that from? Jamaica-Belmont is $6 one way, $10 round trip at station prices. $11 on board one way.

Was that train very full, or empty?

The train was pretty well filled. About 85%.

Thanks for the comments!

The train was pretty well filled. About 85%.

Surprised at that!

Belmont Park is the only low-level station on third rail electrified territory in the COUNTRY, and the only low level commuter rail station east of Hudson in New York not in Dutchess County.

Surprised at that!

Belmont Park is the only low-level station on third rail electrified territory in the COUNTRY, .

You forget the formerly 3rd-powered Danbury-branch and that employee station on MNRR.

BP is the only low-level electrified station from LIRR, but not from the country.

You forget the formerly 3rd-powered Danbury-branch and that employee station on MNRR.

BP is the only low-level electrified station from LIRR, but not from the country.

Well, Danbury Branch (Merrit-7) is low level but not third rail. Employees-only stations don't count. What other third rail-electrified commuter rail systems are there in the country? PATH, SIR, SEPTA NHSL are all I can think of. None have LL passenger platforms, and obviously all subway systems are high-level.

Well, Danbury Branch (Merrit-7) is low level but not third rail. Employees-only stations don't count. What other third rail-electrified commuter rail systems are there in the country? PATH, SIR, SEPTA NHSL are all I can think of. None have LL passenger platforms, and obviously all subway systems are high-level.

That's why I said formerly electrified Danbury-branch.

And SEPTA does have stations with LL.

does the engineer spot the train visually at belmont? or is there a marker indication 10-12 MU

I think it's visually don't remember seeing any markers at the end.

Excellent shot!

Do you have Belmont Park Bus Station, too?

If I take Q2/Q110 to Belmont Park trip, can I could return on them without entering game?

Yeah, I have a photo of a RTS entering the bus station.

Archived