New (S) lines...

SI Subway

Finally, I would restructure the entire Fulton St subway service in Brooklyn, by extending the C to Lefferts, split the A into two routes: A to Far Rockaway and H to Rockaway Park. This would give the Rockaways through subway service into Manhattan.

Didn't the C and A do this in the 80s?

S/F,

CEYA!

No. The Lefferts Boulevard residents don't want local service to replace their express service to Manhattan, and the new (H) would jam the Cranberry Street Tunnel, also that will not happen, because the shuttles should just be left with the (S) it would be much less confusing. That is the reason why they got rid of the old double letters like the 70(AA).

As said elsewhere, the only time I would the (C) operate to Lefferts is overnights in an expansion of the (C) to 24/7 since that would eliminate the overnight shuttle between Lefferts and Euclid.

Oh god.. Not another one of these threads...

The (S) are SHUTTLES they are not meant to be used for long distance service.. But short service within an area.

The IRT (S) is used to allow passangers from the east to go to the west same the other way. Plus since loads of people want access to Metro-North at GCT they would use that instead of the (7) since it ill crowd that line as it is now..

The IND (S) is used for those living in the rockaway for access to the (A) at Broad Channel from any stop before and at B116th Street. It use to been called the (H) (Tho still called (H) by the RTO) which ran from ether Euclid Avenue or Broad Channel to Far Rockaway and 116th via Wye. Renamed (S) and cut to Broad in 93.

The BMT (S) is used to allow those of the Brighton, Eastern Parkway and Fulton Line customers to connect with there trains instead of going thru downtown brooklyn or manhattan or bus.

Other shuttles:

(5) Dyre Shuttle runs on the Dyre Branch to allow customers to connect to/from the (2) to Manhattan, instead of having the (5) run 24/7

Same applies the the (M) Myrtle Shuttle which customers can connect at Wycoff for the (L) or Broadway for the (J).

(A) Lefferts Shuttle, provides people in Ozone Park to anywhere between Euclid Avenue and Rockaway Blvd to connect with the (A) Far Rockaway train to Manhattan or anywhere along its route.

(R) Bay Ridge Shuttle provides those in Bay Ridge to connect with the (N) or (D) at 36th for Manhattan and Queens

They are short trips.. Not long ones...

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas, matt1447! I agree with your sentiments about shuttles, they are supposed to be 2-4 stops long, not 8 or 10.

This just goes to show you that a fantasy transit board is needed, and maybe unnecessary foaming of any kind wouldn't interfere in serious discussions at all.

The only foam I noticed was about the (C) to lefferts, which did not have anything to do with the original discussion. :P

Okay But then it would provide faster service for the J/Z.Im Telling you the (J) Always has to wait just to get to manhatten!!!!!

Instead Of the Shuttle i was talking about shouldnt it be extened to WillamsBurg Bridge Then Contiue Via The (J) Line.

I think the (S6) was used during the Manhattan Rehabilitation project back in the 90s.Correct me if i'm wrong.

I believe it was. The (S6) could still be implimented, though.

Why? There isn't any use for it. It would just jam the Sixth Avenue Line's local and express tracks, and the Manhattan Bridge is fully functional. What would be the use of this (S)? In the end there is no use for this (S) service, and it will not be reimplemented.

Flatbush-Nostrand Av to Kings Plaza-Avenue (S)

Don't anyone dare bring up the Q35 and B41 B)

Dollar vans :P...next question lol

As said elsewhere, the only time I would the (C) operate to Lefferts is overnights in an expansion of the (C) to 24/7 since that would eliminate the overnight shuttle between Lefferts and Euclid.

And as everyone else said elsewhere NO

Why? There isn't any use for it. It would just jam the Sixth Avenue Line's local and express tracks, and the Manhattan Bridge is fully functional. What would be the use of this (S)? In the end there is no use for this (S) service, and it will not be reimplemented.

Just like there's no need for the (W) again *cough cough* (subliminal post)

There is going to be a need for the (W) when the first phase of the Second Avenue Subway opens.

Where? The only use I see for a (W) is if it goes to SI, but we all know that isn't gonna happen. And if it has to do with Astoria expresses, there could be both an (N) and an <N>, by the way.

Where? The only use I see for a (W) is if it goes to SI, but we all know that isn't gonna happen. And if it has to do with Astoria expresses, there could be both an (N) and an <N>, by the way.

The (Q) is going to run to E96 St so the (N) will be by itself in Astoria. That means the (W) will need to make some sort of return.

The (Q) is going to run to E96 St so the (N) will be by itself in Astoria. That means the (W) will need to make some sort of return.

Did you even read my post??:mad: An <N> would be created to serve express on Astoria, so a (W) would be irrelevant. And if that doesn't work, the (Q) could have two northbound terminals, like the (A) has three southbound terminals. Unless a (W) is going somewhere no train has ever gone before (star trek innuendo), I don't see the point.

But what's the point of talking about the (T) and (W) if SAS isn't complete? No one really knows what the MTA will do once SAS is complete.

^^Lol wasn't I just talking about this in the other thread? Almost every thread has to have a discussion about either the (T), (W), SAS, or something unrelated to the original post...there needs to be a seperate thread about those things so people can stop clogging up other threads about it

Did you even read my post??:mad: An <N> would be created to serve express on Astoria, so a (W) would be irrelevant. And if that doesn't work, the (Q) could have two northbound terminals, like the (A) has three southbound terminals. Unless a (W) is going somewhere no train has ever gone before (star trek innuendo), I don't see the point.

Astoria doesn't need express service. Hence why it was terminated in 2004. Adding the (W) back gives Broadway the service it needs and deserves (2 local and 2 express).

Archived