New (S) lines...

SI Subway

Does anyone have any new ideas for Subway shuttles? There used to be tons of 70(SS)s back in the day, should any be re-opened, or should there be any new (S)s?

Sincerely, (S)I (S)U(:P(W)(A)Y

Does anyone have any new ideas for Subway shuttles? There used to be tons of 70(SS)s back in the day, should any be re-opened, or should there be any new (S)s?

Sincerely, (S)I (S)U(:P(W)(A)Y

I would rename the current shuttles in this fashion:

The Franklin Shuttle would be named the FS line

The Times Sq-Grand Central Shuttle would be renamed the MS [Midtown Shuttle]

Finally, I would restructure the entire Fulton St subway service in Brooklyn, by extending the C to Lefferts, split the A into two routes: A to Far Rockaway and H to Rockaway Park. This would give the Rockaways through subway service into Manhattan.

No. The Lefferts Boulevard residents don't want local service to replace their express service to Manhattan, and the new (H) would jam the Cranberry Street Tunnel, also that will not happen, because the shuttles should just be left with the (S) it would be much less confusing. That is the reason why they got rid of the old double letters like the 70(AA).

You sure about that? B/c it didn't come off a fantasy thread!

If a thread contains the words "do you have any ideas about new yadda yadda", it's safe to assume it's a fantasy thread!:P

Finally, I would restructure the entire Fulton St subway service in Brooklyn, by extending the C to Lefferts, split the A into two routes: A to Far Rockaway and H to Rockaway Park. This would give the Rockaways through subway service into Manhattan.

Lefferts riders don't want a local train. Why do so many people here keep saying "extend the (C) to Lefferts"? It's a long way to Manhattan, even Lower Manhattan, via the Fulton Street local tracks. Leave the (C) alone. If anything, just rename the Lefferts (A) as the (H).

It doesn't mean its a fantasy thread but I'm going to let you believe what you want to believe so carry on!

I'm not going to carry on this conversation...:P. If anyone else has any ideas, plz post them!

I don't think the old shuttles should be brought back. The Culver shuttle was discontinued because of low ridership. The current ones are good enough.

Should any new ones be created?

They Should Make A (S) That Runs Between

Elder Avenue On The (6) To

Simpson Street On The (2)(5)

It Would Provide An Early Transfer For SouthBound Commuters That Are On The (6) And Need To Take The (2) Or (5). It Would Save Alot Of Time On Alot Of Commuters And Would Be Very Cheap To Build. I Mean It Would Be A 6,000 Ft 2 Track Line Between 2 Major Trunk Lines.

They Should Make A (S) That Runs Between

It Would Provide An Early Transfer For SouthBound Commuters That Are On The (6) And Need To Take The (2) Or (5). It Would Save Alot Of Time On Alot Of Commuters And Would Be Very Cheap To Build. I Mean It Would Be A 6,000 Ft 2 Track Line Between 2 Major Trunk Lines.

Good idea!

I personally think there should be an 125th street (S) to relieve traffic, if the (Q) already won't be extended there.

You know what? That's an excellent idea!! Except that the Bx4/4A/27 can handle that just fine.

A shuttle would help to alleviate those busses.

(this is my (1)00th Post!!!!!)

No. The Lefferts Boulevard residents don't want local service to replace their express service to Manhattan, and the new (H) would jam the Cranberry Street Tunnel, also that will not happen, because the shuttles should just be left with the (S) it would be much less confusing. That is the reason why they got rid of the old double letters like the 70(AA).

True. But extending the (C) to Lefferts would actually be a good idea! It could replace the existing Lefferts Blvd. (S)

Oh god.. Not another one of these threads...

The (S) are SHUTTLES they are not meant to be used for long distance service.. But short service within an area.

The IRT (S) is used to allow passangers from the east to go to the west same the other way. Plus since loads of people want access to Metro-North at GCT they would use that instead of the (7) since it ill crowd that line as it is now..

The IND (S) is used for those living in the rockaway for access to the (A) at Broad Channel from any stop before and at B116th Street. It use to been called the (H) (Tho still called (H) by the RTO) which ran from ether Euclid Avenue or Broad Channel to Far Rockaway and 116th via Wye. Renamed (S) and cut to Broad in 93.

The BMT (S) is used to allow those of the Brighton, Eastern Parkway and Fulton Line customers to connect with there trains instead of going thru downtown brooklyn or manhattan or bus.

Other shuttles:

(5) Dyre Shuttle runs on the Dyre Branch to allow customers to connect to/from the (2) to Manhattan, instead of having the (5) run 24/7

Same applies the the (M) Myrtle Shuttle which customers can connect at Wycoff for the (L) or Broadway for the (J).

(A) Lefferts Shuttle, provides people in Ozone Park to anywhere between Euclid Avenue and Rockaway Blvd to connect with the (A) Far Rockaway train to Manhattan or anywhere along its route.

(R) Bay Ridge Shuttle provides those in Bay Ridge to connect with the (N) or (D) at 36th for Manhattan and Queens

They are short trips.. Not long ones..

They Should Make A (S ) That Runs Between

Build a subway or el just for a connection? No way.. That ill never happen. You got ether the Bx4/A and Bx27 which you can use between Simpson and Elder Ave. Or walk or take the Bx5 and Bx19 to 163rd for the (6).

However, it would be nice for a Free out of system transfer between the lines, especially late nights when the there is no Bx4/27 (Right now there is Bx4 shuttles running out of WF due to Elder and Law. street rehab which will be cut in the Fall.) Or have the Bx4 bus run late night as the current shuttle does from Fox Street (Simpson St) to Parkchester.. Instead of passangers going via the (2) to Mott for the (4) to 125 for (6) and back..

Archived