A Grumman makes a run to NYC

Queens Surface

Nice pics Emmanuel --

Liked the Grumman 870s, liked the Flxible Metros even more... BUT: ya got me... my favorite ever drive: Eagle Model 10, 5 speed manual, V6 turbo -- what a great ride and great drive that bus is. Miss that way more than any transit ride.

Thanks for a good memory...

N20

yooo I'm over here just in a flood :tup::cry::tup:Them taking off like that especially the Eagle has just got me with a big assss grin on my face:tup:.

Pathmark was something to see :tup: Excellent coverage (E) and thanks for getting me in the Eagles Cab

LOL no problem!

whats with the Grumans Flexible??? PBLs trying to make a comeback?

I wish that would happen.

You gotta let me drive the Grumman lol. I'm looking to buy 1986 RTS.

LOL

Nice pics Emmanuel --

Liked the Grumman 870s, liked the Flxible Metros even more... BUT: ya got me... my favorite ever drive: Eagle Model 10, 5 speed manual, V6 turbo -- what a great ride and great drive that bus is. Miss that way more than any transit ride.

Thanks for a good memory...

N20

Your welcome for the good memory!

Great shots. Nice to see the old Grumman.

mmm yes!

• 1 month later...

What bus company is this? That Grumman looks great. I never fully remembered seeing a Grumman before but I might've seen a Jamaica Buses Grumman and I can't really remember because I was a baby but it was a box looking bus and Jamaica Buses never ran Orions and it couldn't have been an MCI Classic because this was on Liberty Av where the Q112 runs. It had to be a Grumman because I remember it was around early 2000. From info I find on the web, Jamaica Buses retired the Grummans around the same month Green Bus Lines retired the 1979 GMC RTS-03's (April-May 2000). I could've saw the bus before then.

Wow the first bus I ever drove was a Grumman from Jamaica Bus. The road instructor would teach you how to drive a bus if you had someone who was in the union. They even provided you with a bus for the road test. I don't remember the bus numbers but I passed my road test on the first try back in February 1985. In a Grumman by the way.

Wow the first bus I ever drove was a Grumman from Jamaica Bus. The road instructor would teach you how to drive a bus if you had someone who was in the union. They even provided you with a bus for the road test. I don't remember the bus numbers but I passed my road test on the first try back in February 1985. In a Grumman by the way.

The Jamaica Buses Grumman numbers were numbered 401-425. Right at retirement in 2000 there were only 11 Grummans in service. The rest got removed only because Jamaica Buses got newer buses to replace them. If they would've got alot more TMC's then the Jamaica Buses Grummans would've been retired in 1994 when the other PBL's stopped using them. I heard they ran in great shape unlike the other PBL Grummans (mostly GBL and cTc)

Archived