When Jamaica closes for rebuild...

dmouse

I'm curious as to how this would work out,

would the Q17 go to CS

while the other routes to QV?

(im basing this off how close the depots are)

Would that overcrowd QV? or CS?

share your ideas and thoughts

I was wondering this too.

Here's what I think might happen:

Flushing Routes like the (Q30) & (Q17) can go to CS/QV. As for the rest like the (Q4), (Q5), (Q42), (Q77), (Q84), (Q85) may have to go to (MTA) Bus Depot(s) (If CS or QV doesn't have room for some to most of them). Otherwise besides the (Q17) & (Q30) situation I dunno where the rest of the routes will go.

I was wondering this too.

Here's what I think might happen:

Flushing Routes like the (Q30) & (Q17) can go to CS/QV. As for the rest like the (Q4), (Q5), (Q42), (Q77), (Q84), (Q85) may have to go to (MTA) Bus Depot(s) (If CS or QV doesn't have room for some to most of them). Otherwise besides the (Q17) & (Q30) situation I dunno where the rest of the routes will go.

The (Q3), (Q5), (Q77), (Q84) and (Q85) might go to JFK. The (Q4) and the (Q42) might go to BP

If Jamaica closes for rehab, don't be surprised to see the Q44 move to West Farms in order to make room for the Q17, Q27, Q30, and possibly the Q46 or Q88 over there. This would free space at Queens Village up for the Q3, 4, 5, 42, 77, 84, and 85.

If Jamaica closes for rehab, don't be surprised to see the Q44 move to West Farms in order to make room for the Q17, Q27, Q30, and possibly the Q46 or Q88 over there. This would free space at Queens Village up for the Q3, 4, 5, 42, 77, 84, and 85.

Orion VII CNG's/Artics in flushing = :drool:

Q44 is not going to West Farms @ all!

Orion VII CNG's/Artics in flushing = :drool:

You'll never see CNG's on the Q44!

Q44 is not going to West Farms @ all!

You'll never see CNG's on the Q44!

I'm just saying that if Jamaica closes for rehab, the Q44 might have to make the move to WF in order to make room for routes such as the Q17 and Q27.

Can't wait till Jamaica closes for rehab...There's always buses parked on the sidewalk...It looks outdated compared to other depots...I didn't even know elevators in depots existed...Hopefully the routes won't get so messed up after they move :cool:

Let's go back to 1974 when MOST of us (including myself) was not even born yet.

Jamaica and Flushing (Casey Stengel) was overcrowded before Queens Village opened.

IF Jamaica does close for rehab, the following COULD happen:

Casey Stengel: Q12, Q13, Q15, Q15A (UGH!), Q16, Q17, Q20A, Q20B, Q26, Q27 (returns), Q28, Q31, Q44, Q46 (that's possible), Q48, Q76

Queens Village: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q30, Q36, Q42, Q43, Q77, Q83 (possibly interlined with the Q42), Q84, Q85, X63, X64, X68

However, this is ONLY a guess but that's how I would see this. I mean the ONLY thing that I remembered being discussed was building a NEW depot and just moving buses into that depot.

Oh and just food for thought, Queens Village can hold up to 300 buses. Casey Stengel (from what I was told) can hold up to about 260-275 buses.I think I'm wrong but maybe someone hear can share.

Archived