The MTA Regional Bus Hurricane Recovery Thread

Harry

Calm the hell down. Both of you. Can we get past tomorrow first???

The buses were free as a courtesy! They could have made your ass pay! Nobody cares that they lost money. There is a hurricane headed toward NYC. Stop thinking about yourselves for a minute and relax! When service resumes, then you can ask about getting your damn money back. Smfh!:tdown:

I'm mad because they're wasting our tax dollars to fund service to people who were simply going out and partying on a Friday night. Was there a need to buses in Manhattan besides ones serving Battery Park City be free? No.

And the MTA says that they're broke and have to slash tons of bus routes left and right... They're all hypocrites.

I'm mad because they're wasting our tax dollars to fund service to people who were simply going out and partying on a Friday night. Was there a need to buses in Manhattan besides ones serving Battery Park City be free? No.

And the MTA says that they're broke and have to slash tons of bus routes left and right... They're all hypocrites.

And you will get over it and get on with your life!:P

Some buses will likely be free when service resumes as well.

Instead of saying "NO", they should've just said that they would make a decision after the storm. I don't know what sort of message they call themselves sending, but the whole thing is ridiculous.

Instead of saying "NO", they should've just said that they would make a decision after the storm. I don't know what sort of message they call themselves sending, but the whole thing is ridiculous.

Speaking of not being able to afford anything.....

Why not say no right now because no decision has been made! Better than getting peoples hopes up. Especially if buses start off free which they likely will when service resumes!

Nobody cares that they lost money.

If by "they" you mean the MTA, I kind of... Do.

It's further justification for (them) for a future fare increase...

I can see them using that (the free bus service, for that little time) to throw back at the riders faces......

If by "they" you mean the MTA, I kind of... Do.

It's further justification for (them) for a future fare increase...

I can see them using that (the free bus service, for that little time) to throw back at the riders faces......

It is costing MTA a pretty penny to operate during this natural disaster. I don't see them raising fares because of it. I do however see inflation raising the fare in the near future.

MTA is actually running a lot more efficiently than they have been in quite a while.

It is costing MTA a pretty penny to operate during this natural disaster. I don't see them raising fares because of it. I do however see inflation raising the fare in the near future.

MTA is actually running a lot more efficiently than they have been in quite a while.

Solely due to the free service provided for evacuation purposes & otherwise, well no...

But I do see it as a reason/entity to throw in their arsenal...

I get your point, but still, I don't put nothin past them.

My friend all i can "Chill and Look at the big picture." Not just the (MTA) will lose a few bucks from the storm in which probably the feds will repaid anyhow for 'emgernecy usage. The bigger issue us that what about 'ma & papa' family owned stores at beach shore towns all over the east coast? Or sadly some people losing their houses & getting homelesss? And you damn worried about $50?

Again man this was probably the worst comments since you joined NYCTF. First just worry if the injury/death count in NYC is low. Then later in program you should worry about a refund on your damn weekly metrocard.:tdown:

Solely due to the free service provided for evacuation purposes & otherwise, well no...

But I do see it as a reason/entity to throw in their arsenal...

I get your point, but still, I don't put nothin past them.

I see what you're saying, but we shouldn't be worried about that. This is why fares will rise. This is what we need to be worried about!

I see what you're saying, but we shouldn't be worried about that. This is why fares will rise. This is what we need to be worried about!

**YT clip**

Yeah, the waning value of the U.S. dollar....

It's not that I'm "worried" about a fare increase right this second...

My friend all i can "Chill and Look at the big picture." Not just the will lose a few bucks from the storm in which probably the feds will repaid anyhow for 'emgernecy usage. The bigger issue us that what about 'ma & papa' family owned stores at beach shore towns all over the east coast? Or sadly some people losing their houses & getting homelesss? And you damn worried about $50?

Again man this was probably the worst comments since you joined NYCTF. First just worry if the injury/death count in NYC is low. Then later in program you should worry about a refund on your damn weekly metrocard.

lmao @ how you put it..... you do have a point though....

Speaking of not being able to afford anything.....

Why not say no right now because no decision has been made! Better than getting peoples hopes up. Especially if buses start off free which they likely will when service resumes!

I didn't make this up. This was reported by the newspapers.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/27/a-break-on-your-metrocard-because-of-the-storm-m-t-a-says-no/

My friend all i can "Chill and Look at the big picture." Not just the (MTA) will lose a few bucks from the storm in which probably the feds will repaid anyhow for 'emgernecy usage. The bigger issue us that what about 'ma & papa' family owned stores at beach shore towns all over the east coast? Or sadly some people losing their houses & getting homelesss? And you damn worried about $50?

Again man this was probably the worst comments since you joined NYCTF. First just worry if the injury/death count in NYC is low. Then later in program you should worry about a refund on your damn weekly metrocard.:tdown:

Well you've got your opinion and I've got mine and it is my money, so yeah I have every right to be concerned. I probably wouldn't have even bothered but they thieve so much from the riding passengers. :tdown: I'll leave it at that.

I didn't make this up. This was reported by the newspapers.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/27/a-break-on-your-metrocard-because-of-the-storm-m-t-a-says-no/

Well you've got your opinion and I've got mine and it is my money, so yeah I have every right to be concerned. I probably wouldn't have even bothered but they thieve so much from the riding passengers. I'll leave it at that.

Yes money is very important but you sound frankly very selfffish right there. Maybe we grow up in different eras man, but at times IMO you should put away thinking only about you and just being thankfully you survived this storm. There are times in life crises like this happens.

And in your situation IMO you should put on hold for a moment everyday life like the 'EVIL EMPIRE (MTA)" aside for a moment.:P

Thus i am done also and dont want to go any further.

Yes money is very important but you sound frankly very selfffish right there. Maybe we grow up in different eras man, but at times

IMO you should put away thinking only about you and just being thankfully you survived this storm. There are times in life crises like this happens.

And in your situation IMO you should put on hold for a moment everyday life like the 'EVIL EMPIRE (MTA)" aside for a moment.:P

Yeah well actually I'm not the only one... Millions of riders will get jipped and they should all stand up and fight as I will. I can see the subways being shut down if they need 8 hours, but the buses could've run a bit later than noon. With that I rest my case.

Yes money is very important but you sound frankly very selfffish right there. Maybe we grow up in different eras man, but at times IMO you should put away thinking only about you and just being thankfully you survived this storm. There are times in life crises like this happens.

Thus i am done also and dont want to go any further.

So you're basically saying that the the MTA is PERFECTLY JUSTIFIED in basically saying "SCREW YOU" to everyone who has an unlimited metrocard, and all those people are being selfish because the MTA is ripping them off?

I know you didn't make it up. I know they said no. My point is we should wait until after the fact before we even discuss this. As I already said, this isn't even important right now!

So you're basically saying that the the MTA is PERFECTLY JUSTIFIED in basically saying "SCREW YOU" to everyone who has an unlimited metrocard, and all those people are being selfish because the MTA is ripping them off?

No. My point to you and Garbaldi is you should worry about getting thru Irene first and worry about the money later . Yes you have a right to 'fight back the (MTA) on the metro card if they don't refund or credit back the time. However with media attention, I could be wrong but I think they will credit back the time lost due to the hurricane shutdown.

Suppose the buses did run until 6pm or so Saturday afternoon? Now throw in the D/H times back to their depots. Now you're asking the B/Os to drive back to their families in the dark in a tropical storm/'cane to satisfy your personal needs. That sounds pretty f**ked up and selfish to me. I may dislike the (MTA) for many of it's decisions through the years but IMO this time they made the right call with the service cutoff. As far as the Metrocard controversy goes, wait until next week to see how it ultimately plays out. Carry on.

Thank You.:tup: Could not said it better myself.

Suppose the buses did run until 6pm or so Saturday afternoon? Now throw in the D/H times back to their depots. Now you're asking the B/Os to drive back to their families in the dark in a tropical storm/'cane to satisfy your personal needs. That sounds pretty f**ked up and selfish to me. I may dislike the (MTA) for many of it's decisions through the years but IMO this time they made the right call with the service cutoff. As far as the Metrocard controversy goes, wait until next week to see how it ultimately plays out. Carry on.

Wait who said that buses should run until 6pm?

Wait who said that buses should run until 6pm?

My sentiments exactly. A few more hours wouldn't have killed them, but certainly not until 18:00. Maybe until 14:00 or 15:00 at the very latest.

No. My point to you and Garbaldi is you should worry about getting thru Irene first and worry about the money later . Yes you have a right to 'fight back the (MTA) on the metro card if they don't refund or credit back the time. However with media attention, I could be wrong but I think they will credit back the time lost due to the hurricane shutdown.

Actually there hasn't been much media attention about it and I personally don't think there will be which would allow them to get away with it, which I certainly won't allow them to do to me.

(MTA) - Subway, bus and rail service remains suspended as Hurricane Irene makes its way through the region. Do not attempt to travel on the MTA's public transportation network until further notice. Suspensions and restrictions are also in place at MTA bridges and tunnels (see service status on the left of this page).

The process of assessing the damage from the storm cannot safely begin until the storm passes locations around the MTA's 5,000-square-mile territory. Thousands of personnel and the necessary equipment have been positioned at key locations so that workers can begin this process as soon as conditions allow. In addition, Governor Cuomo has directed the National Guard to assist in the recovery efforts and helicopters will be provided to quickly assess damage.

As of right now, nothing is set in stone, but I am being told bus service could be restored on a staggered basis beginning this evening.

Subway service may be restored in full by Tuesday morning.

I am a little surprised at what I am reading.

The MTA gave people free rides to induce them to do what they had to do before the storm. This kept the number of people out after noon down, which was the intent. The MTA does not control the weather, so why should they refund anyone?

Archived