Subway - What If?

VWM

Sorry, I meant the (F) line, which is correct. I forgot there are two Bergen Street stations.

Both problems affect the (F) line.

Y U NO SAY SO!

Well then...

(G): Uses G.O. plan for Hoyt-Schemerhorn-Court Square service.

(F): Via express to 4th Avenue. For Carroll Street transfer at Bergen Street for B57.

Thank you BrightonKid, I can clearly see it as being realistic, unlike our haters here...

Excuse me?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we stop bickering already:

NEXT

Because of a structural failure, all four express tracks at 34 St-Herald Sq cannot be used (as a safety precaution).

Local tracks are unaffected, but no trains can stop at 34 St-Herald Sq.

Edited by NX Express

He started it!

NEXT

Because of a structural failure, all four express tracks at 34 St-Herald Sq cannot be used (as a safety precaution).

(N) & (R): Normal service.

(Q): Suspended.

(B): Runs all times via Local in Brooklyn & Manhattan.

(D): Runs via 8th Avenue Local, W. 4th Street-59th Street.

(F): Normal service.

(M): Chambers Street-Myrtle Avenue, transfer to (F) at Delancey Street.

He started it!

You sure?

... <_<

Think again.

NEXT

(B) 2 Av to Bedford Pk Blvd (6 Av Local)

(D) via 6 Av Local

(F) via the (C) Jay St to 42 St, via the (E) 63 St Tunnel

(M) Bay Parkway to Myrtle Av

(Q) Brighton Beach to Atlantic Av

Edited by trainguy97

This looks like fun!!!!

NEXT

Structual failure? any train operations will comprimise structual integrity.

6th Ave trains:

All trains rerouted between W4st and midtown/uptown/queens

B/D runs in both ways via 8th ave between W4 and 59th.

F/M runs via E from W4 to 36thst/Roosevelt Queens(57th St station closed.)

Broadway Trains:

no trains between canal and 57th St

N runs in 2 sections: Astoria to 57th St and canal(R platform on Bway via tunnel) to CI.

Q runs from CI to Canal via bridge (relays north of canal, possible wrong rail operation on bridge if no relay vailable(NEED TO VERIFY)

R runs in 2 sections: Bay Ridge to WHitehall and Forest Hills to 57th St via 63rd ST replacing F service on 63rd.

I'm not going to really respond to this, because then it will get ugly. <_<

WHOA COOL IT DOWN MAN. You are scaring me right now. Watch out guys, he will mess me up. Its gonna get really ugly if he responds.

ON TOPIC

NEXT

Due to a lightning strike on the third rail, both the Manhattan and Williamsburg Bridges lose power. Reroute the (B)(D)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) accordingly. Feel free to use 2 Av as a terminal.

NEXT

Due to a lightning strike on the third rail, both the Manhattan and Williamsburg Bridges lose power. Reroute the (B)(D)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) accordingly. Feel free to use 2 Av as a terminal.

What third rail going down would cause BOTH bridges to lose power????? This CAN'T happen, period!

^^See, that's what I mean. :angry:

I'm going to respond, 'cause I have nothing better to do...

(B): Suspended.

(D): Runs in two sections:

2nd Avenue-205th Street.

Pacific Street-Coney Island

(J)/(Z): Marcy Avenue is western terminal. No peak express service, skip-stop still operates.

(M): Shuttle, Myrtle-B'way - Metro Avenue

(N): Via tunnel & 4th Avenue Local

(Q): Atlantic Avenue-Coney Island. Transfer at Atlantic Avenue for service to Manhattan.

WHOA COOL IT DOWN MAN. You are scaring me right now. Watch out guys, he will mess me up. Its gonna get really ugly if he responds.

I'm the person who detests flame wars, so when it's coming to one, I normally back off. Please don't make me get down in the dirt.

You guys are about to make me lose it. I love how the people who barely post scenarios are the ones that are hating on the ones that are posted. If you guys think that they aren't good enough, why don't you guys post some that are completely realistic as you tell me. You don't know whether it only hit one third rail, it may have hit both bridges. I have seen with my own eyes lightning strike two places that are very close to each other. When I used to live in the Caribbean, the lightning hit out two transformers that were right next to each other causing the power to go out for 2 GOD DAMN WEEKS. The 3rd is completely metal, and I am sure that this is the second place it would strike if it did not hit the structure of the bridge. Scenario explained. Haters can hate. Don't like them. POST YOUR OWN. Easy solution. At this rate, the thread is gonna get locked in about 2 Weeks Max, just like the old one.

ON TOPIC

NEXT

If there's a storm so serious that it causes power outages on both those bridges, I'm assuming that less subway service is needed because some severe storm will keep people inside and a lot of businesses will be closed.

(J)(M) terminates at Marcy Avenue - No service into Manhattan

(Z) suspended

(N) runs via Lower Manhattan, LOCAL in Brooklyn

(Q) run via Lower Manhattan

(B) runs from the Bronx/145th Street to 34th Street - No service in Brooklyn

(D) runs in 2 sections: The Bronx to 34th Street - 36th Street (Brooklyn) to Coney Island

----

Ok, you guys need to stop complaining about these scenarios. Just look at what tracks and stations are closed and play the game. From now on I'm just gonna post what's closed off, no reason or nothing. What I cannot stand is foaming in the solutions such as people reviving the (W) or creating an <R> for a day. Now just ENJOY this game.

----

NEXT

No trains can use the Queens Blvd (E)(F) express tracks between 36th Street and 65th Street. (That means you can use the switches between 65th and 74th) Please be aware that the (E)(F)(M)(R) cannot all fit on one track.

Edited by Gorgor

We.ve had both bridges close at some time independantly. now heres some routing fun!

J Marcy to Jamaica. Z service suspended west of Bway Jct

B service between Uptown and 34th St

D trains operate between 205 and 2nd ave and between CI and Pacific

N via Tunnel/express on Bway, Q service between CI and Atlantic only

M service: Marcy-Myrtle Shuttle

Centre St subway manhattan:no service Essex to Broad

Ok, you guys need to stop complaining about these scenarios. Just look at what tracks and stations are closed and play the game. From now on I'm just gonna post what's closed off, no reason or nothing. What I cannot stand is foaming in the solutions such as people reviving the (W) or creating an <R> for a day. Now just ENJOY this game.

Preach it chief.

NEXT

No trains can use the Queens Blvd (E)(F) express tracks between 36th Street and 65th Street. (That means you can use the switches between 65th and 74th) Please be aware that the (E)(F)(M)(R) cannot all fit on one track.

(E) Local between 36 St and 65 St, some trains go to 179 St Express.

(F) Coney Island to 21 St.

(M) Myrtle Av to Chambers or Broad St.

(R) 95 St to 179 St.

Edited by trainguy97

NEXT: (See, I do post scenarios!)

Because of a major switch malfunction, all switches b/w Atlantic Avenue & Nevins Street are set in favor of the 7th Avenue line, except the northbound express track. This track can only handle 15 TPH.

In more layman's terms:

All southbound trains can only come from 7th Avenue, and all northbound local trains must go to 7th Avenue.

Good luck, and reroute wisely.

Your self designated SOB,

ThrexxBus.

NEXT: (See, I do post scenarios!) Because of a major switch malfunction, all switches b/w Atlantic Avenue & Nevins Street are set in favor of the 7th Avenue line, except the northbound express track. This track can only handle 15 TPH. In more layman's terms: All southbound trains can only come from 7th Avenue, and all northbound local trains must go to 7th Avenue. Good luck, and reroute wisely. Your self designated SOB, ThrexxBus.

No 4 service in brooklyn. Trains from Bx terminate at Bowling Green and return to Bx

5 trains run southbound via 7th ave, north bound via Lex to and from Utica Ave.

2 and 3 run normal,

Guys, this thread was not meant for hatin. Cool down.

This thread was not even meant for the purpose we currently use it for! You should know, you created it!

Here's a new idea- a what if thread.

It's basically saying what if... a new service had to happen, constuction, ect. And you get to answer with your ideas (or facts, if you want to)

RULES:

No Fantasy Lines.

Limited Foaming.

Edited by ThrexxBus

NEXT: (See, I do post scenarios!)

Because of a major switch malfunction, all switches b/w Atlantic Avenue & Nevins Street are set in favor of the 7th Avenue line, except the northbound express track. This track can only handle 15 TPH.

All southbound trains can only come from 7th Avenue, and all northbound local trains must go to 7th Avenue.

There's one. You see any hatin from me? No. Its just a scenario that could happen, and I just reroute it, no damn hatin or nothin. Time for you to try that. Now if it was something like a Nuclear Strike was called on Manhattan, thats a different story.

(2) Flatbush Av to 241 St

(3) New Lots Av to Chambers St (Eastern Parkway Express between Atlantic Av and Franklin Av)

(4) Woodlawn to City Hall

(5) Dyre/Nereid Av to Bowling Green

(J) Trains go to Chambers St, Broad St, or Prospect Park

Edited by trainguy97

STOP STOP STOP.

Can we all stop acting like we're two years old?

Re: Gorgor

NEXT

(E) Runs local in Queens.

(F) Runs local in Queens.

(M) No trains between 71 Av and Queens Plaza. Reverses via middle track east of Queens Plaza.

(R) No trains between 71 Av and Queens Plaza. Reverses via switch west of Queens Plaza.

NEXT

No trains can pass Roosevelt Island in either direction.

PS Can we PLEASE check our proposals on a track map? I've seen downtown (D) 8 Av > Manhattan Bridge suggested so many times I lost count.

Edited by NX Express

There's one. You see any hatin from me? No. Its just a scenario that could happen, and I just reroute it, no damn hatin or nothin. Time for you to try that. Now if it was something like a Nuclear Strike was called on Manhattan, thats a different story.

LMAO! If you posted a realistic scenario, there'd be no hatin'. So, by all means, let's not go there. ;):mellow:

STOP STOP STOP.

Can we all stop acting like we're two years old?

Re: Gorgor

NEXT

(E) Runs local in Queens.

(F) Runs local in Queens.

(M) No trains between 71 Av and Queens Plaza. Reverses via middle track east of Queens Plaza.

(R) No trains between 71 Av and Queens Plaza. Reverses via switch west of Queens Plaza.

NEXT

No trains can pass Roosevelt Island in either direction.

PS Can we PLEASE check our proposals on a track map? I've seen downtown (D) 8 Av > Manhattan Bridge suggested so many times I lost count.

At this point, I don't even care if this damn thread got locked... the scenarios & the solutions are getting too foamy, and some people want to make a huge deal about it when you point it out.

This is the last scenario I'm doing.

(F): Via 53rd Street. Local inn Queens.

(M); Chambers Street-Metro Avenue. Use (F).

For 63rd Street service, use free shuttle buses.

Goodbye.

I don't have anything against anybody here, but i'm kind of glad ThrexxBus left for the sake of this thread and for him and trainguy.

Next: Due to a Daft Punk concert at MSG, the 7th ave line and 8th ave line (Local and express EACH) must all have 30tph. Re-route as needed, and cut service if necessary.