Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lance

I didn't know Achmed joined the forums here. :lol:

Anyhow, assuming this takes place during the same time the other FASTRACKs take place (10p-5a):

(N) - split service; Ditmars Blvd to 57 St-7 Av, Rector St to Stillwell Av via local

(Q) - 57 St/6 Av to Stillwell Av via 6th Avenue Express, Brighton Local

(R) - truncated to shuttle early

(B)(M) - weekday service ends early

Interesting that you chose Rector St as the southern cutoff instead of Whitehall St since the latter has the middle track and the ability to turn trains around easily. Terminating at Rector St means you'd have to single track between the two aforementioned stations.

(N)

via the (N) 5 Av to Astoria Ditmars (Astoria Local)

(Q)

via the (Q) CI to DeKalb Av (Brighton Local)

via the (R) DeKalb Av to Whitehall St

(R)

Bay Ridge Shuttle

Shuttle Buses provide Broadway Line service (Express and Local), free transfer between 21 St and 39 Av.

Edited by trainguy97

An accident in FASTRACK on the BMT Broadway Line from Rector st to 57 St.

This assumes Fastrack runs the same hours as others:

(B) runs all night to Columbus Circle-59th Street OR 57th Street-6th Avenue and replaces the (Q) in Brooklyn from DeKalb Avenue-Coney Island as a local (special OOS transfers are available at whichever location the (B) is originating from and 57th/7th as well as between the Times Square and 6th Avenue line stations on 42nd Street).

(N) during FASTRACK runs all times Astoria-57th Street/7th and Whitehall Street-Coney Island (Shuttle train between Whitehall and Rector Street)

(R) runs to Brooklyn from Whitehall Street until normal end of service, then shuttle is extended to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center

(Q) is suspended during FASTTRACK.

Okay:

In the first scenario I wrote above, change the (R)'s terminal once FASTTRACK begins each night to Court Street until end of normal service (there is a crossover just past Metrotech), then after that the late night shuttle remains extended to Atlantic Avenue.

Below is a second plan for this situation:

(N) runs in two sections:

Ditmars-Astoria to 57th/7th

Whitehall Street-Coney Island

The (Q) is shortened to five-car, 300' trains and operates via the Nassau Street line and then Montauge Tunnel from Essex Street-DeKalb Avenue before resuming regular route (the actual old route of the (M)).

The (R) runs in Brooklyn from Court Street-95th Street to the end of regular service, then runs as an extended shuttle to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center.

The (M) runs all night to take pressure off the (F) on 6th Avenue and runs it's daytime route to 71st-Continental ( (Q) riders can switch to the (F) or (M) at Essex for 6th Avenue).

NEXT:

In 2018, the eastern-most Williamsburg-bound Nassau track is to be reconnected to the south side of the Manny B, for a new Nassau loop service. The MTA takes this opportunity to fix Chambers St (yeah, 2018 they do this...) and have a FasTrack on the Nassau line.

Reroute the (J) & (Z).

Montague St can only handle 6 TPH, and the Willy B can only handle 13 TPH. Fix the (M) & (R) as well. The (N) & (Q) are unaffected, for now. (There is a follow up situation.)

NEXT:

In 2018, the eastern-most Williamsburg-bound Nassau track is to be reconnected to the south side of the Manny B, for a new Nassau loop service. The MTA takes this opportunity to fix Chambers St (yeah, 2018 they do this...) and have a FasTrack on the Nassau line.

Reroute the (J) & (Z).

Montague St can only handle 6 TPH, and the Willy B can only handle 13 TPH. Fix the (M) & (R) as well. The (N) & (Q) are unaffected, for now. (There is a follow up situation.)

(B)(D) Trains stop at 14 and 23 St.

(J) Rerouted from Essex St, via the (M) to West 4 St.

(R) Trains run every 10 minutes after 10 PM.

What is there to change for the (M)?

(Z) Doesn't run at 10PM...

Note that at 10PM, the (J)+(M) is less than 13 tph.

(B)(D) Trains stop at 14 and 23 St.

(J) Rerouted from Essex St, via the (M) to West 4 St.

(R) Trains run every 10 minutes after 10 PM.

What is there to change for the (M)?

(Z) Doesn't run at 10PM...

Note that at 10PM, the (J)+ (M) is less than 13 tph.

This is all times, because construction is happening all day, but FasTrack related work only happens at night...

(J) Essex St to Jamaica Center (Nassau Local)

(S) Marcy Av to Broadway Junction (1 Train) [Nassau Express] {No Stops Between Myrtle Av and Broadway Junction}

(Z) 2 Av to 71 Av (Rush Hours)

(4) to New Lots Av

(6) Select Trains to New Lots Av/Flatbush Av Rush Hours (EP Local)

Don't you mean the (M) when you say (Z)?

Follow-up: The portal from Manhattan to Brooklyn at the Manny B is closed, due to the aforementioned construction.

Reroute the (N) & (Q).

You are too quick. I edited it seconds before you posted.

Um, the (Z) is still there...

This is all times, because construction is happening all day, but FasTrack related work only happens at night...

Okay, then:

(J) Makes all stops; no trains between Essex St and Broad St.

(Z) Suspended, use (J).

@Latest change:

(N)(Q) via tunnel.

Edited by NX Express

Um, the (Z) is still there...

Problem chief? It will run some trains during rush hours, doesn't matter at all. You never asked for the complete stats...

Follow-up: The portal from Manhattan to Brooklyn at the Manny B is closed, due to the aforementioned construction.

Reroute the (N) & (Q).

(N) via Tunnel (4 Av Local)

(Q) via the (B) then the (F) to 71 Av

Why is the (Z) running from 2nd Avenue-Continental? :huh:

...Because I want it too perhaps?

I am sure you solve scenarios here, not criticize other people's. If I wan't it to make some rush hour trips up, then thats what I want chief. Haters can hate. Let the haters talk.

Edited by trainguy97

...Because I want it too perhaps?

I am sure you solve scenarios here, not criticize other people's. If I wan't it to make some rush hour trips up, then thats what I want chief. Haters can hate. F the haters.

Ok then, don't kill me! :excl:

Ok then, don't kill me! :excl:

Ok chief, no harm intended here. I never meant it directed towards you. I am just putting it out as general advice. If someone wants to do something about you, don't blow it out of porportion, just drop it. No use trying to move a wall that you cant.

I am sorry.

Edited by trainguy97

An accident in FASTRACK on the BMT Broadway Line from Rector st to 57 St.

(N) - Runs in two sections-

• Between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and Whitehall Street, via the (R) (Montague Street Tunnel)

• Between 57 Street-7 Avenue and Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard.

(Q) - Terminates at Prospect Park.

(R) - Rerouted via the Nassau Street Line to Chambers Street.

At this time, M7 buses are rerouted:

To Union Square:

Left on 42 Street, Right on Broadway, Left on 36 Street, Right on 5th Avenue, Right on 33 Street, Left on Broadway, Left on 17 Street, Right on 5th Avenue, Right on 14 Street.

To Harlem:

Right on 6th Avenue, normal route to Harlem.

M5 provides extra service.

NEXT:

Reroute the (J) & (Z).

(J) - Terminates at Essex Street.

(R) - Trains run every 10 minutes all day, until shuttle service starts.

(Z) - Suspended.

Shuttle buses provide extra service.

Reroute the (N) & (Q).

(B) - Northbound trains are rerouted via the (C) between West 4 Street and 59 Street. Southbound trains via 6th Avenue Local.

(D) - Via 6th Avenue Local.

(N) - Rerouted via the (R) between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center to Canal Street.

(Q) - Rerouted via the (B) between Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center to 34 Street-Herald Square.

NEXT

Due to an Earthquake, every single bridge in the system collapses. This includes the Manhattan Bridge (B)(D)(F)(M), the Williamsburg Bridge (J)(M)(Z), and Broadway Bridge (1), and the Crossbay Bridge (A)(S).

Trains may stop at DeKalb Av, Grand St, and Canal St.

Trains may stop at Essex St and Marcy Av.

Trains may stop at 215 St and 225 St.

Trains may stop at JFK and Beach 90 St (TRAINS MAY NOT STOP AT BROAD CHANNEL).

NEXT

Due to an Earthquake, every single bridge in the system collapses. This includes the Manhattan Bridge (B)(D)(F)(M), the Williamsburg Bridge (J)(M)(Z), and Broadway Bridge (1), and the Crossbay Bridge (A)(S).

Trains may stop at DeKalb Av, Grand St, and Canal St.

Trains may stop at Essex St and Marcy Av.

Trains may stop at 215 St and 225 St.

Trains may stop at JFK and Beach 90 St (TRAINS MAY NOT STOP AT BROAD CHANNEL).

For Manhattan Bridge, you mean (B)(D)(N)(Q).

I'm not gonna attempt this one...

Guest Lance

Gotta love all these localized natural disasters you guys come up with. It's like something out of a made for TV SyFy channel movie. :D Not for nothing, but I'm pretty sure an earthquake in New York would utterly demolish the subway system. But whatever. I'm just making an observation.

Gotta love all these localized natural disasters you guys come up with. It's like something out of a made for TV SyFy channel movie. :D Not for nothing, but I'm pretty sure an earthquake in New York would utterly demolish the subway system. But whatever. I'm just making an observation.

I was about to say that...

Let me propose my own, with a bit more realism:

Because of a police investigation, the power had to be shut off to the southbound 8 Av Local track. It is not usable between 59 St (including 59 St station) and 34 St - Penn Station (including 34 St station).

Affected: (B)(C)(E)

Edited by NX Express