4810 Has Officially begun service on the (Q1)

dmouse

That can't be right, I saw it training down Braddock yesterday....I need shots of the actual destination signs for proof because it's been training for some time now.....

I fail to believe that bus started service last week because out of the times I went there, its been all training....

That can't be right, I saw it training down Braddock yesterday....I need shots of the actual destination signs for proof because it's been training for some time now.....

I fail to believe that bus started service last week because out of the times I went there, its been all training....

This was taken today

If it makes you happy whenever the bus returns I will go outside and take a street shot lol. Bro its pulling out of the stop I saw it myself pickup andleave, there were people in it..

Your right , i dont think it would be going into service just yet . 4816 has an ulmer park radio & fb in it so its staying with us for a while . Training for it starts sometime next week .

dmouse,

What street was this photo taken at?

Your right , i dont think it would be going into service just yet . 4816 has an ulmer park radio & fb in it so its staying there for a while . Training for it starts sometime next week .

Couldn't help to fix that. Sorry. lol

dmouse,

What street was this photo taken at?

Couldn't help to fix that. Sorry. lol

Ok , i say us all the time . Im always there and i know everyone there but what ever its staying " There " For a while . Same thing it doesnt matter .

This was taken today

If it makes you happy whenever the bus returns I will go outside and take a street shot lol. Bro its pulling out of the stop I saw it myself pickup andleave, there were people in it..

I can confirm that it was not in service today. SevenEleven hit me up with a tip about it. Its still in training and the runbox has not been touched.

I can confirm that it was not in service today. SevenEleven hit me up with a tip about it. Its still in training and the runbox has not been touched.

And you cant put a bus in service without a farebox , even though people dont pay the damn fare anyways . It might go into service within the next few days or weeks . 4816 has a fb in it and an ulmer park radio so they will use it soon i guess the farebox was put in yesterday morning .

How is that possible

It came up there were people outside, doors opened and they borded the bus and then it pulled off. If only the Hanover was clear, you'd see the Q1. I sat there and watched go up Braddock. There were people in the bus

Sadly on another note it didn't return, most likely went back to do operator training

If only I had put the swiped record instead of picture.

How is that possible

It came up there were people outside, doors opened and they borded the bus and then it pulled off. If only the Hanover was clear, you'd see the Q1. I sat there and watched go up Braddock. There were people in the bus

Sadly on another note it didn't return, most likely went back to do operator training

If only I had put the swiped record instead of picture.

The runbox says 111, its been like that since it started training. I doubt they'd throw it into service and then just send it back to training.

Eh I didn't pay attention to the runbox,

All I know was that it was in service.

Also it's been had a fare box, for quite some time now...

cc2ecbbe.jpg

Well maybe your right , but when the lfs first came to ulmer park there was a fb in it while training .

I don't think 4810 made service today. Everything doesn't add up.

-Your shot was taken at 1:36 PM in between the 1:23 and 1:53 trips out of Braddock. It takes 8 minutes to get to Springfield thus making the bus 5 minutes late, if it was in service.

-There was a dispatcher on duty at Springfield & Hillside today.

-When I shot the bus later on in the day, the runbox was still set at 000. As far as I know, drivers don't change the runbox on buses that they train on. Remember 2400 was delivered with X0X in its runbox. That's how it was through training before going into service. During fall pick, it stayed on its assigned run of 832 through training.

In Addition, there were more than 2 employees on the bus training today. They did exit the bus in my case and looked around before doing the rest of the training route.

NFI_4810c.jpg

I don't think 4810 made service today. Everything doesn't add up.

-Your shot was taken at 1:36 PM in between the 1:23 and 1:53 trips out of Braddock. It takes 8 minutes to get to Springfield thus making the bus 5 minutes late, if it was in service.

-There was a dispatcher on duty at Springfield & Hillside today.

-When I shot the bus later on in the day, the runbox was still set at 000. As far as I know, drivers don't change the runbox on buses that they train on. Remember 2400 was delivered with X0X in its runbox. That's how it was through training before going into service. During fall pick, it stayed on its assigned run of 832 through training.

In Addition, there were more than 2 employees on the bus training today. They did exit the bus in my case and looked around before doing the rest of the training route.

NFI_4810c.jpg

Correct , and if the # was 111 then they were playing around with it . When 4816 came to ulmer park last week the box # was 666 then 777 then 111 and now its 000 . When the prevost did training as you said it stayed on run 832 . They just mess around with the box #'s but it will probably go into service soon .

It is also possible that this bus could've done a "Wildcat" Trip in the middle of day to put the bus in simulated service. Which is regularly.

Remember 2400 did Wildcat service the first 2 days of passenger service only doing 1 AM trip, then it was thrown to the full regular split run.

So nothing is impossible...

It is also possible that this bus could've done a "Wildcat" Trip in the middle of day to put the bus in simulated service. Which is regularly.

Remember 2400 did Wildcat service the first 2 days of passenger service only doing 1 AM trip, then it was thrown to the full regular split run.

So nothing is impossible...

Wildcat run? Interesting.

QV did that when they had their first LFS, no?

Thats when they were short and all the buses from other depots came into play. They sent 8047 to service, but by the time that hit service, most of the operators were trained already.

Wildcat run? Interesting.

Wildcating is something that is regular to the industry, however the terminology varies from authority to authority...

It's basically when an unscheduled/unplanned trip or run is made on a given line.

Archived