New Canaan/Stamford today

lilbluefoxie

All I have left to ride still is Danbury, Waterbury, Wassaic, Pascack Valley and Port Jervis.

To my surprise this morning, there was an M8 on the Stamford local up there.

IMG_2892.JPG

More: http://jonstrainphotos.com/photos/cartype/m8

The New Canaan train was 3 pairs of M2's with the first and last pair keyed out leaving the middle pair for passengers.

Unfortunately this left me without a lot of photo ops since New Canaan's platform is about 5 cars long. Next time Ill ride to Talmadge Hill instead.

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

More: http://jonstrainphotos.com/photos/route/nhc

The Stamford Express home was a standard M2 set except with one lil extra (not photographed), the last pair in the set was a bar car! Surprisingly, considering its a bar car, the bathroom was clean in there, I was expecting it to be mad dirty from all the drunkards that must take those bar trains. I rode in the last car and looked out thru the end window.

IMG_2903.JPG

IMG_2908.JPG

Lunch was a late lunch at Two Boots Pizza, unike Mr Garibaldi, I cant afford the expensive places in GCT hehe. My lunch was $8.75 for two slices of pizza. After lunch I caught the R46 (F) which is in a different thread.

Hope you enjoy the all new narrarated photo topic format ;)

Nice shots!

How was New Canaan Branch ridership? They've sen M8's up there before in revenue.

it reminded me of the West Hempstead branch, a 6 car train, they had only the middle 2 cars open, the other two were keyed out. It wasnt full at all, probably like 10-15 people in the entire train. There was slightly more ridership going back, there was like a school field trip or camp or something cuz there was a bunch of kids on the train heading back to Stamford.

Nice! You seem to be fanning MNCRR a lot more!

yea well ozzy, ive done all the LIRR branches, it gets boring seeing M7s all the time, my site has 50 M7 photos, so im branching out to unexplored territory here, and I like Metro-North, the stations are clean, the train employees are friendlier.

I still have to do:

Danbury Branch

Waterbury Branch

Upper Harlem Line (N White Plains to Southeast)

Diesel Hudson Line

Wassaic Branch

Pascack Valley Line

Port Jervis Line

yea well ozzy, ive done all the LIRR branches, it gets boring seeing M7s all the time, my site has 50 M7 photos, so im branching out to unexplored territory here, and I like Metro-North, the stations are clean, the train employees are friendlier.

I still have to do:

Danbury Branch

Waterbury Branch

Diesel Hudson Line

Wassaic Branch

Pascack Valley Line

Port Jervis Line

port jervis good luck hun its literally deserted out there. The line is infrequent and the ridership will make you feel lonely I know I used it when I shopped in orange county it is infrequent for a reason

port jervis good luck hun its literally deserted out there. The line is infrequent and the ridership will make you feel lonely I know I used it when I shopped in orange county it is infrequent for a reason

if you go to Middletown or Campbell Hall you wont wait very long i think its like 20-30 min there and you catch the train heading back down but yea Jervis its a bit of a wait, I can always go exploring around town. It was like a 2 hour layover for Montauk when I went there.

You should take a Port Jervis trip one day, don't forget that Shortline bus service (although weekend is limited) to PABT is available.

With the restored schedule on the PJL, the first outbound weekend train of the day has to sit for 20min outside of Campbell Hall to await an inbound which is just leaving Otisville when it gets there. Luckily that ends in January.

You should take a Port Jervis trip one day, don't forget that Shortline bus service (although weekend is limited) to PABT is available.

With the restored schedule on the PJL, the first outbound weekend train of the day has to sit for 20min outside of Campbell Hall to await an inbound which is just leaving Otisville when it gets there. Luckily that ends in January.

Port Jervis I would do during the week so it means I gotta do it during a time im off from school and work, probably over spring break or next summer

Lunch was a late lunch at Two Boots Pizza, unike Mr Garibaldi, I cant afford the expensive places in GCT hehe. My lunch was $8.75 for two slices of pizza.

$8.75 for two slices is still expensive. Was it worth the money? :cool:

I still have to do:

Danbury Branch

Waterbury Branch

Diesel Hudson Line

Wassaic Branch

Pascack Valley Line

Port Jervis Line

Good luck with you mission, I have the same one (only w/ the LIRR, it's closer to home, less time consuming)

I love the m8 photo.

while the train is doing that more ppl are on shortline

Archived