Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice) Trivia Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

bump

NICE (and formerly MTA) ran "closed-door" service on its routes to Flushing And Jamaica where buses only drop off away from nassau and pick up only to nassau. There is one route that runs a open-door in queens and a closed-door outside of queens. Whats the route and where does it operate closed-door?

bump

NICE (and formerly MTA) ran "closed-door" service on its routes to Flushing And Jamaica where buses only drop off away from nassau and pick up only to nassau. There is one route that runs a open-door in queens and a closed-door outside of queens. Whats the route and where does it operate closed-door?

Well obiously it'd the n33. It's closed-door in the City of Long Beach

The n24 does it too and with some drivers, its intentional, but every n24 eastbound I've been on has dropped off people at Springfield Blvd and Little Neck Pkwy, all of which are within city limits.

The n24 does it too and with some drivers, its intentional, but every n24 eastbound I've been on has dropped off people at Springfield Blvd and Little Neck Pkwy, all of which are within city limits.

Springfield Blvd is breaking the rules, Little Neck Pkwy (and anything E of 239) is allowed because Jericho Tpk is the boundary.

Springfield Blvd is breaking the rules, Little Neck Pkwy (and anything E of 239) is allowed because Jericho Tpk is the boundary.

I just remember those stops specifically, there may be more. Didn't seem like the drivers cared either lol.

I don't blame those riders, Q36 sucks, the N24 is much faster, riders try to do that on the N6, they jump off the bus at Springfield Blvd and 225th st when people are getting on. There were times late night when it was LIB where people would ring the bell before 225th street, and the B/O would stop at 225th and let them out. I've taken the Q2 to 225th and its like people get off at every stop. I think if a Q2 and N6 left 179th ST at the same time, the N6 would probably be at or past Elmont Road by the time the Q2 got to 225th.

Archived