Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice) Trivia Thread

Post any questions that are answerable based on NICE.

These are the rules:

• When a Question is asked, members have 24 hours to answer the Question
  • A member can only give one response per question
  • If Someone responses more than once, the question is invalid no matter if the responses were all wrong, and a new question will be placed
  • If the Question isn't answered within 24 hours, a new question will be placed
  • The person that answers a question correctly decides if they will give another question or pass
  • Limited stop buses count as part of the local version. Limited and local versions of a bus route will count as one bus route.

I'll start first

How many NICE buses go outside Nassau County Borders (Queens and Suffolk only)

N1, N2, N4, N6, N19 N20, N21, N22, N22A, N24, N26, N31, N32, N33, and N72

if we are talking outside of Nassau Bus coverage area, we can also include the N15 and N33 which go into Long Beach Bus territory.

N54 / N70 / N79 goes in to Suffolk County.

And the N15 is still within Nassau County, just heads into the Long Beach Island.

The N88 is another one that leaves the mainland and heads to Jones Beach.

For more... http://www.mta.info/libus/mapnassaubus.pdf

Not sure, off top....

But I won't be surprised if in a few years, the answer to that would be Zero.

lol or Maybe 3 routes?

2 going crosstown, like the N20 from Queens to Hicksville and the N4/N19 combo from Queens to Suffolk, and the other being the N15 going up and down Nassau from Long Beach to Massapequa via Glenvale and others :)

I would assume the answer is NOT the 3 LIB garages. (MF, RVC, Stewart)

Actually you are 1/3 correct. The RVC Garage at 50 Banks Ave, was the former garage for Bee-Line.

The original garage consisted of the building in the front where the front door is with an open lot and g garage in the back. When LI Bus went to CNG they built the current garage around the original brick building extending over the lot and the garages in the back.

Also there was No Para-Transit back then, the 3 garages housed only transit buses

Joe

MF, RVC and Zahn?

very close. MSBA had a depot at the old Zahn`s Airport in amityville off albany ave just south of the RR crossing which is where New Horizons Business Park is.

Mitchell Field was not built yet there was an older one near tere though.

Joe

This is more like it, I've always been interested in the MSBA's history especially prior to the '90s/delivery of the Orion Vs, but know very little of it. This'll cost me a guess unless Joe Saitta (the one other former MSBA operator I'm aware of other than Joe and N20) registers and posts or N20 pops up again.

Shot in the dark - 428 and 429?

This is more like it, I've always been interested in the MSBA's history especially prior to the '90s/delivery of the Orion Vs, but know very little of it. This'll cost me a guess unless Joe Saitta (the one other former MSBA operator I'm aware of other than Joe and N20) registers and posts or N20 pops up again.

Shot in the dark - 428 and 429?

Hint: MSBA had 50 1974 model TDH53096`s they were numbered 800-849

Joel, I never was a bus operator for MSBA or any other bus company. Just a fan.

Joe

Archived