Starting off 2012 Quite NICEly...

R323776

I knew you would find something to complain about seeing that NICE is running things now... :P

And you are wrong again, because Yuki has taken pictures of buses with the same signs and they suffer the same problem. As far as I can tell, they're actually doing a decent job. I just wish they hadn't plastered that douchebag's name above the doors as if he was some sort of paragon.

A real complaint would be, "I got flagged by a bus operator whose bus wasn't even half loaded and now my life is torn asunder."

And you are wrong again, because Yuki has taken pictures of buses with the same signs and they suffer the same problem. As far as I can tell, they're actually doing a decent job. I just wish they hadn't plastered that douchebag's name above the doors as if he was some sort of paragon.

Well this is the first time I heard you bring it up... :P

Anywho, it's NICE to see some praise coming from the naysayers... I hope NICE proves my predictions right... Which is that someone else besides the (MTA) can come in and perform (and perform well) without a bloated budget. :cool:

Only time will tell,to new to say yet but,same paint job as we had for many years? I thought it was going to be orange? Well yes others can run a bus,they can do it cheaper than the M T A plus I agree that the T A is bloated but,transit history at least in this area has not done well under private companys in the past. Veolia runs other locations that ar not doing so good so lets see what happens.

The numbers did not add up as far as county cash going in,the M T A wanted 26 million,Veolia gets 2.5 million? Something is not right with the figure,bloated or not that is a great gap,2.5 to 26. Well good luck Nassau hope it works for you

Only time will tell,to new to say yet but,same paint job as we had for many years? I thought it was going to be orange?

It will be, as soon as Veolia gets around to re-branding more buses than just #1816.

The numbers did not add up as far as county cash going in,the M T A wanted 26 million,Veolia gets 2.5 million? Something is not right with the figure,bloated or not that is a great gap,2.5 to 26. Well good luck Nassau hope it works for you

The (MTA), as contract carrier, wanted the full amount that Nassau County was supposed to pay under its contract. Nassau wanted to keep getting away with paying only one-quarter or less of that amount. (In other words, the contractor was expected to keep subsidizing the client.) Nassau then fired the (MTA), hired Veolia as its new contractor, and started assuming lots of new state aid to replace the extra money that the (MTA) had been paying.

Archived