New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Q103 doesnt connect with the Q60. The Q60 is on the 59 street Bridge by the time it reaches vernon Avenue

Then what else could it be? These pick riddles are kind of annoying...

(I call bs, and maybe we should stick to regular riddles...)

Proposed, simpler rules:

1 riddle at a time.

24 hours to answer.

Each person gets 3 guesses.

If person decides to go, and dosen't post a riddle within 24 hours of their acceptance post, they forfeit their turn.

If an answer is declared to fit the context of a riddle by at least 3 people, it is right.

If an answer does not fit riddle, anyone can go.

No more pick riddles, they are confusing and not fun.

I run between a subway station near the end of its line and a far-off mall, and most of my route is a big "L" shape. Even though people do ride me from end-to-end, there's a route you can take with two other buses that'll get you between my two terminals a lot faster than I do... Who am I?

If you're feeling up for it, why not try and name the other two buses I'm talking about.

Well, actually, for both of those two routes, there are actually two routes you can pick for each.

I run between a subway station near the end of its line and a far-off mall, and most of my route is a big "L" shape. Even though people do ride me from end-to-end, there's a route you can take with two other buses that'll get you between my two terminals a lot faster than I do... Who am I?

If you're feeling up for it, why not try and name the other two buses I'm talking about.

Well, actually, for both of those two routes, there are actually two routes you can pick for each.

The bus you are talking about is the BX30

and the 2 busses that get you between the 2 terminals faster are the BX28 and the BX38

The Bx30 ends near a mall, but not at it like the Bx12, Bx29, or Bx38. And it's route isn't really an 'L' shape.

Since it's been over a day, the answer is the S79. Shaped like a giant 'L' on Hylan Blvd and Richmond Av, more or less. If you take the S53 or S93 to the S61 or S91' you can save a lot of time over the S79, especially with the Limiteds. The S79 is so long and slow it's painful. Of course, SBS might change that.

The Bx30 ends near a mall, but not at it like the Bx12, Bx29, or Bx38. And it's route isn't really an 'L' shape.

Since it's been over a day, the answer is the S79. Shaped like a giant 'L' on Hylan Blvd and Richmond Av, more or less. If you take the S53 or S93 to the S61 or S91' you can save a lot of time over the S79, especially with the Limiteds. The S79 is so long and slow it's painful. Of course, SBS might change that.

The thing that confused me was when you said "a route with 2 other buses". I thought that meant some kind of coorridor (like for instance, the Q25/65 take a more direct route from Flushing to Jamaica than the Q17. I was actually about to say that, except for the fact that the Q17 doesn't serve any malls)

I'll go now...

I am a ignored route.

I have high ridership, but low headways. I used to be medium, then long, then medium again. I only have two bus models running on my route, but I run right through a major terminal where I sometimes see others. Who am I?

I'll go now...

I am a ignored route.

I have high ridership, but low headways. I used to be medium, then long, then medium again. I only have two bus models running on my route, but I run right through a major terminal where I sometimes see others. Who am I?

Technically, you mean "low frequencies" or "high headways".

In any case, Q23 beat me to it.

The thing that confused me was when you said "a route with 2 other buses". I thought that meant some kind of coorridor (like for instance, the Q25/65 take a more direct route from Flushing to Jamaica than the Q17. I was actually about to say that, except for the fact that the Q17 doesn't serve any malls)

Sorry. The wording was kind of confusing. I was trying to word it as clearly as possible, but I didn't consider that possibility.

As for the riddle, is it the B13?

Sorry. The wording was kind of confusing. I was trying to word it as clearly as possible, but I didn't consider that possibility.

As for the riddle, is it the B13?

Yup. The bus terminal could be Ridgewood or Gateway itself. Pass or go?

Archived