New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

This may be the final call.

----------------

New York City Bus Jeopardy!

To play, please sign up on these new, separate forum: http://transitjeopardygames.webs.com/

There is one undecided slot left! If you want to participate in this week's game, sign up now! If you miss it, you can sign up and reserve a slot for next week.

----------------

Let the riddles continue.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm going. I use multiple bridges and even tunnels and over the last few years I've been a mess, so my route has been modified here and there. I share my terminus with several other buses on both ends and I used to take a strange avenue for some odd reason considering the options out there for me, but I've been through rehab yet again. Who am I?

Transit Jeopardy here on a new website: http://transitjeopardygames.webs.com/

Game is tonight at 8 PM. If you want to play click the link and create a profile so you can post. TWO SLOTS LEFT FOR TONIGHT"S GAME. If you are joining please PM me & Q23 Central Term before 2 PM so we know how many participants we have. You can always create a profile and reserve a slot for any Friday or Saturday (when we start NICE Jeopardy). We need members. I hope to see you there.

Guest checkmatechamp13

Ok, I'm going. I use multiple bridges and even tunnels and over the last few years I've been a mess, so my route has been modified here and there. I share my terminus with several other buses on both ends and I used to take a strange avenue for some odd reason considering the options out there for me, but I've been through rehab yet again. Who am I?

X31. Pass

I'll go (I assume it's right since VG8 didn't confirm it)

This should be fairly easy for my fellow chess afficionados out there.

One of the streets I run on is related to a special move involving the king and the rook, and also to a unit of weight. I run on another street that involves one of the cardinal directions. I also run on a few streets related to Dutch-sounding places.

BX9

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Members

There will be a game of Jeopardy tomorrow at 7PM. Please sign up since tonight bombed. I would like to see more people.

To sign up, please see the link below:

www.transitjeopardygames.webs.com

Please PM me to play.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So is it right.

I'll go (I assume it's right since VG8 didn't confirm it)

This should be fairly easy for my fellow chess afficionados out there.

One of the streets I run on is related to a special move involving the king and the rook, and also to a unit of weight. I run on another street that involves one of the cardinal directions. I also run on a few streets related to Dutch-sounding places.

You're the (S46)

Yes to both of you.

For those of you who were wondering, I was referring to castling in chess, which involves the king and rook. A castle is also a structure common in medieval times, so that's why it's the Castleton Avenue bus route.

The cardinal direction I was referring to was South Avenue. A lot of the streets in Mariners' Harbor are related to Dutch people (Brabant Street, Walloon Street, Van Pelt Avenue, and it passes by streets like Van Name Avenue, Lockman Avenue, and so on)

Oh, and the unit of weight I was referring to was the ton.

Oh.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Last call for people that want to play jeopardy

If you want to play, please sign up at www.transitjeopardygames.com

then respond in the forums in the NYCBJeopardy Thread that you are ready. Game starts in 9 minutes

Now back to the regular thread

Mmebers:

Final Jeopardy will be at 9:30 PM. Brett and someone else will be answering the final question

www.transitjeopardygames.webs.com is the link

People that want to view it go. The final score will be up in an hour or so

Score: Brett:700

Member:1200

The final question can change everything. See it for yourself at 9:30PM

Ok. Anyone wanna post a riddle.

Ok, since there havent been any riddles of late, heres an easy one to start the thread up again:

I am an MTA BUS COMPANY route, a pretty short one, stretching from a station to a residential area, i see very frequent service, unlike another route from my depot, as far as I can remember, when i was a Private Lines route, I had weekend Service. I had also been suggested to be comined with a NYCT route that parallels me one block over, who am I?

Ok, since there havent been any riddles of late, heres an easy one to start the thread up again:

I am an MTA BUS COMPANY route, a pretty short one, stretching from a station to a residential area, i see very frequent service, unlike another route from my depot, as far as I can remember, when i was a Private Lines route, I had weekend Service. I had also been suggested to be comined with a NYCT route that parallels me one block over, who am I?

B100. (Though it doesn't run too frequently on the weekends)

Pass if it's right.

Archived